inner tube keeps twisting on the ride

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2019 11:05 PM

Well it all started a month ago, I was riding and landed hard sideways on the tire and it twisted on the inside and it made a bulge on the side of my tire, at first I thought it might be the tube, or it twisted because my mate had sprayed wd-40 on my hub internals and a lot of it ended up on the rim so I thought it had gone on the inside of the rim through the hole where the valve sticks out because the bulge was near the valve and it happened more then once and in the same spot every time.

I had recently got a flat from doing a 540 and replaced the tube, afterwards I still encountered the same problem with it twisting, so I took off the tire and cleaned the inside of it to make sure there was no greasy spots or it was slippery inside so I could tick that off the list of why it kept twisting, after I had done all that, it kept twisting and still keeps twisting so I was wondering if any of u might know why it keeps twisting, keep in mind that I have the right tube size and I pumped it up to a reasonable amount of air which I usually put up to and have done to for about a year and had not encountered this problem until recently.

Please help me as this is starting to become a real problem as I have to keep deflating the tube and then pumping it back up into place.

|

3/14/2019 12:33 PM

Inflate the tube a little before you put it in the tyre.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/14/2019 4:54 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Inflate the tube a little before you put it in the tyre.

I did and in the text it even says I have deflated the tire and then pumped it back up multiple times and taken it out and did that process and it still keeps twisting which is why I don't know why it keeps twisting

|

3/14/2019 5:14 PM

Pictures? How do you know it's twisting?

If it twisted when it was first put in, it's probably not going to untwist when you deflate it as the twisting will usually cause some parts of the tube to stretch.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/16/2019 7:27 AM

Dust it with some talcum powder. Do people not do this anymore?

|