Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2010 7:29 PM

how do u lace and unlace ur wheel and get it trued

|

Refs On Profile +28 from vital bmx
+6 from tcub

5/6/2010 5:51 AM

unlace us easy, loosen all the nipples and then cut the spokes, dont try re building with old spokes, you need new ones. lacing and truing it complex find it on google theres probably some instructions online.

|

chicks dig scars

5/6/2010 5:40 PM

serealdesigns wrote:

unlace us easy, loosen all the nipples and then cut the spokes, dont try re building with old spokes, you need new ones. lacing and truing it complex find it on google theres probably some instructions online.

i know unlaceing is easy i had to unlace my rim when i broke 10 spokes

|

Refs On Profile +28 from vital bmx
+6 from tcub

5/6/2010 7:14 PM

there are plenty of videos on youtube

|

REFS LIST IN PROFILE

Ressler711 is the definition of "chill rider."
I'm fundyssey23 and I approve this message.

"In the streets."

5/6/2010 8:01 PM

take it to the shop

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

5/10/2010 7:04 PM

Lacing a rim really isn't very hard. The hardest part is knowing the right order to put in the spokes and also the pattern that they need to follow. It is true, there are a lot of videos on youtube that show you how to do this.

Truing is a bit more of an art form that anything. But basically you need to loosen off the spokes on the side that your bend is pointing to, and then tighten the spokes on the other side. You should also apply some brute force with the palm of your hand because sometimes just tightening the spokes doesn't pull the rim over right away, so give it a smack with your hand afterwards (otherwise this will happen while your riding and cause your rim to become untrue again).

Other than these few tips, PRACTICE. It really isn't hard after you do it a couple times. And it will save you tonnes of money in the long run if you like to bend your wheels or get new parts.

~Greg

|