left pedal always getting loose

Related:
Create New Tag

8/23/2018 9:56 PM

hey guys so my left pedal always gets loose like every 2-3 rides , both the pedals(hamilton plastic) and cranks(verde regent) are almost new ... and i'm pretty sure they are installed the right way too , both pedals tighten foward and loosen backwards of lets say im up on my bike
any ideas ?

|

8/24/2018 1:22 AM

If you've ridden with the pedal loose you may have damaged the thread, so it will only get progressively worse (the thread in the crank arm is more likely to be damaged than the pedal). Try some thread lock, and give it some beans when tightening it.

|

12/19/2018 7:20 PM

If there in the right way round , then check the threads , if there stripped could Mabey try salvage by swapping the pedals round and using locktite and torquing them right up

|

12/21/2018 12:41 PM

reissmcguire2 wrote:

If there in the right way round , then check the threads , if there stripped could Mabey try salvage by swapping the pedals ...more

You do realise right pedals have a normal thread and left pedals have an opposite thread, right? So you can't just swap your pedals over. You could try chasing the threads with a tap, but with steel cranks, if the thread is a bit iffy, it always will be

|

12/21/2018 2:09 PM

reissmcguire2 wrote:

If there in the right way round , then check the threads , if there stripped could Mabey try salvage by swapping the pedals ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

You do realise right pedals have a normal thread and left pedals have an opposite thread, right? So you can't just swap your ...more

You can still change them over and tighten opposite direction , I’ve done it , they just come loose , hence locktite also it was a suggestion incase the poster had got them mixed up

|

12/21/2018 11:01 PM

reissmcguire2 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

You do realise right pedals have a normal thread and left pedals have an opposite thread, right? So you can't just swap your ...more

reissmcguire2 wrote:

You can still change them over and tighten opposite direction , I’ve done it , they just come loose , hence locktite also it ...more

You cannot put a right hand threaded thing into a left hand threaded thing. You have not done it. Unless you used brute force and stripped the threads.

|

2/9/2019 12:42 AM

Try greasing the threads, sounds counter intuitive but helps you tighten them more. Or you could go down to your LBS and get them to tap out the cranks

|

its prawns, not shrimp idiot