smith grinds... grrr

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2010 3:23 PM

hey guys, need some assistance. i've been trying to get my smiths down for a week or so now and cant seem to get em.

any tips or pointers as to how to get into the grind? ive already got my feebles and wanna learn this next. any help will be greatly appreciated.

|

3/1/2010 4:43 PM

learn doubles first took me like 15 min to do a double then go for a smith

|

Refs. Harry 95/ BLRBMX/ WTP 4 ever/C@RT3R

3/2/2010 1:13 AM

gotcha, thanks man

|

3/3/2010 12:02 PM

Hop on the ledge but miss your front tire to your peg. Simple

|

Sigs are for Pigs

3/21/2010 10:57 AM

just kinda nose dive it and suck up ur back end and it came to me like 3 trys try on some thing next to a bank or tranny it makes it alot easyer and when getting of make sure to pull up really good or u might be taking a trip over the bars

|

gotta love biker babes

3/24/2010 5:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2010 5:52 PM

learn doubles then do the same approach, but do a nose dive look at your front peg and kick your ass toward the rail/ledge.
oh and lean back. like tyler says you'll be goin over the bars if you don't.

|

its trendy to be untrendy.

3/30/2010 2:57 PM

Wut i do is kinda a motto whip nose dive thing...i hop lean forward nd whip my bike to tha side

|

3/30/2010 5:05 PM

well all the guys above pretty much summed it up. GET AT EM BRO!!!! haha

|

Got any questions about my attitude towards riding? Here's a good idea

My SEXY BITCH!

In the immortal words of CHRIS PEREZ- "HATAZ CAN SUCK MY KACK!"

3/30/2010 5:15 PM

before hoping into a smith i find a spot on the ledge or whatever your grinding and place my peg right on the spot that i have choose. lol then the rest is just swing your backend up and on the ledge and lean back a little, then when u want to get out just push over with your back and pick up the front end and you will hop right off. good luck bro. keep practicing!

|

3/30/2010 5:33 PM

start with a small ledge, and work your way up to bigger stuff. ride at the ledge at a moderate speed, at a slight angle. hop as if your're hopping onto the ledge, but drop your front end down so your front peg grinds the ledge, and your back wheel rides on top. keep your weight back during the grind, so you don't flip over the bars. Then once you're done grinding, bend your arms and legs slightly and hop off the ledge. this part might be tricky at first, but once you get it, it will be simple. hope this helped, and good luck

|

3/30/2010 5:48 PM

as your coming up to the ledge or box or whatever your hitting ( i learned on a ledge) hop like your gonna hold your tuck. all you have to do is focus on getting that front peg on and if you leave your back legs tucked all of a sudden youll have it and not even realize it.
also, i learned on a pretty high ledge which has helped me out, because now i find it easier to do em most places. and dont be afraid to eat shit, its not a tough trick but put your best into it and hope you dont belly flop on the cement or eat concrete

|

3/30/2010 6:54 PM

disregard catfish

|

3/30/2010 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 1:47 AM

Just jump high enough to make it on the ledge, land on your back tire first and as it is coming down direct it to the side of the ledge. lean back, then try to bunny hop out(its hard to j hop in this position so just force yourself off)
After you get comfortable with it try to land peg and tire at the same time. You can even try little toothpicks out.
I love grinds, today I landed my highest feeble ever(bar height) and highest smith(just under stem height) and landed my highest rail the other day(double peg stem height) haha.
Btw I learned smiths before double pegs, so you should be fine.

|

3/30/2010 9:45 PM

I learned smiths like a week ago, my front axles is so bent though cuz of them! haha fun little trick though!

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

3/30/2010 11:28 PM

when i smith, this all i literally do.
i hop onto the ledge, but i miss my front tire and have the peg land on the ledge
it feels wierd at first, but once your used to it, it is one of the coolest feelings on a bike in my opinion.
once you figure it out once and do it a couple of times you'll have them down for sure
good luck!

|

smile

3/31/2010 3:54 AM

try riding your bike, instead of posting on vital.

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

3/31/2010 7:36 AM

ryann. wrote:

when i smith, this all i literally do.
i hop onto the ledge, but i miss my front tire and have the peg land on the ledge
it ...more

flips are cooler feeling tongue

Basically practice stalling them first, hop onto the ledge but aim your front peg at the ledge, kick the back end over it while tucking your legs up. Should get you into it within a few tries. Then to slide it, do the same thing, but moving. I also learned smiths by hopping totally onto the ledge, then rolling along the edge I planned to grind, and dropping my front wheel carefully over the edge onto the peg. It is a good cheater way to learn the slide without committing as much. BUT I recommend a helmet, maybe some gloves (Cause you will fall, and road rashed hands suck) and maybe do it at a local park where the ledges are a LOT smoother.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/31/2010 9:38 AM

hay try spoting your front peg on the ledge or rails first but pop your back end up higer and kind of lean your body over the ledge or rail once u know the front peg is on and your peddal is over it but not rubbing the ledge or rail u know that the back end is up on there i sugest u try it on a ledge not to big and is waxed or has a mettal plate on the ends

|

lifes a zoo bomb

3/31/2010 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 1:47 AM

for me...i grind the left side....so i usually hop shift left
, lift up the back end with feet on cranks and i move the cranks left too so that the back wheel is on the ledge Smile hope you get it !!!

|

4/4/2010 7:57 AM

Act like you are hopping onto the ledge, then push your front end off, if that makes sense.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas