stripped pinch bolt

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2012 11:43 AM

I tried to dremel it and use a flat head but its being stubborn so what else can I do?

|

5/7/2012 4:31 PM

use pliers if you can, i had one snap and had to do that

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

5/7/2012 4:55 PM

Thanks

|

5/7/2012 8:39 PM

Pliers failed

|

5/8/2012 4:32 PM

drill the bolt out until it cracks in two. Then use needle nose pliers to pull out the pieces.

|

REFS: Superstar DK

5/15/2012 9:30 PM

any special drill bit i would need?

|

5/15/2012 11:21 PM

buy shitty allen wrench, weld it in on the long end (so you can still use it when your done)... then the rest is kinda obvious

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

7/9/2012 2:05 AM

I use a hacksaw when all else fails

|

7/11/2012 3:47 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

buy shitty allen wrench, weld it in on the long end (so you can still use it when your done)... then the rest is kinda obvious

LOL that it exactly what i did when i rounded mine works great

|

7/11/2012 5:14 PM

only way to get it out is to drill it out, if you have to drill the entire thing out then just retap the hole

|

7/12/2012 6:33 PM

if u use torx keys (the star ones) and get one which u can hammer the points into the corners of the old bolt . but im guessing your past this being anyuse. tip for future though.

|

8/1/2012 8:03 AM

if you cut the bolt in between the space the head half should pop out while the other half should come out with a little fighting and cursing involved of course lol shouldnt be to hard to get out though cuz when you tighten the bolt its actually being streched in the cranks just like the head studs on a car. but by removing the head it shouldnt be to hard to comeout

|

8/11/2012 2:36 AM

sbc785 wrote:

only way to get it out is to drill it out, if you have to drill the entire thing out then just retap the hole

This would be a pain in the ass to do as the hole will be bigger and would need to find a bolt to fit. Drill it out using a small drill bit then get increasingly bigger but not enough to drill out the threads then it should crack and pull the bits out with pliers. You'll need to use drill bits for metal of course.

|

8/11/2012 1:18 PM

if you drill the hole to the size of the bolt you're still gonna have to retap the hole if you do it right. He could just drill out the center of the bolt and attempt to use an EZ-Out but a hole that size with the torque need to loosen it it'll snap the EZ-Out. I worked at a machine shop for years, i've done this plenty of times.

|

8/12/2012 10:29 AM

If its stripped bad enough possibly use next size up or try a standard allen wrench

|

RIDE SON!

9/14/2012 5:04 PM

use a drill bit designed to do this task, i have a few

|

2/13/2013 8:19 PM

Tighten the other pinch bolt that's not striped so much that it make the striped one looser

|

2/14/2013 9:53 AM

im telling you just weld a allen in and get it out of dur

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "