tailwhips

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2011 9:20 PM

i need help getting the rotation, i found a 3 foot dirt jump, thats is kind of like a bank/ramp/quarter thing. and i sometimes can get it next to me, it just feels like i dont have enough air time, i keep the bike under me, but my feet hit the ground before it gets under me. and i used the search box but they all have the rotation just not the catching. so yeah, tips?

|

Refs : ninjacat33

9/10/2011 8:02 AM

commit everytime, keep your legs up, then aim for the CRANK ARMS!

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

9/10/2011 10:01 AM

so, like keep my knees bent some how? whats the range of your arm swing, is it bigger the better? because when i swing really big, the tire hits my leg or something

|

9/10/2011 10:04 AM

Whip wrote:

so, like keep my knees bent some how? whats the range of your arm swing, is it bigger the better? because when i swing really big, the tire hits my leg or something

idk bro, im still trying but if your feet are hitting first its because your "bailing" to a degree, you just gotta keep your legs up over your bike and when your ready to catch, use the leg on the side you throw (if you throw left then your left leg) to catch the seat so it stops your bike. then aim to land on the cranks, not the pedals

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

9/12/2011 8:04 AM

Whip wrote:

NO! smmaaallll, smalllll circle motion in the arms is what you want! right after you get the bike out from under you whip it around as fast as you can using a smalll circle rotation with your arms, once you can get it under you consistently is when you worry about finding them cranks.
Goodluck

|

9/12/2011 7:23 PM

ty

|

9/14/2011 1:20 PM

if you kick push the bike out and pull it back it gives you the best rotation and more hang time to land helps me alot

|

refs tcbmx, future fbm, ftwaymom91, droogskull, spikez5, agrracing, bmx4thahaters, irideeverything92, the balt, 1of1547 , shadow.conspiracy , x.woody.x, rideeverything92, blizzbikes, bstick, showtime402, brokenbmx.....tired of listing. Ask around im legit

9/14/2011 5:21 PM

not even a circular motion?

|

9/14/2011 5:41 PM

Whip wrote:

do the circular for starters than adjust to how you feel most comfortable

|

9/14/2011 5:49 PM

going to our bank thing this friday, i dont get to ride much anymore because i usually get bad grades, but since sophmore year counts, i only ride friday and weekends

|

9/14/2011 7:41 PM

Whip wrote:

I rotate my arms right to left really fast but not super far out. (Im left foot forwards and tailwhip in a clockwise motion.) Now, if your right foot forward(whip counterclockwise) then simple rotate your arms left to right. I dont do a circle at all, its just a quick little flick right then left.

|

9/14/2011 7:45 PM

ok thanks, if you have more tips have it coming, where are my arms suppose to be? near my knees?

|

9/14/2011 11:58 PM

Whip wrote:

ok thanks, if you have more tips have it coming, where are my arms suppose to be? near my knees?

when you push the bike out after you whip bring it back in a circular motion itll whip fast that way then just make sure your foot is out of the way or else youll take one to the leg haha make sure to pull the bike back under you

|

refs tcbmx, future fbm, ftwaymom91, droogskull, spikez5, agrracing, bmx4thahaters, irideeverything92, the balt, 1of1547 , shadow.conspiracy , x.woody.x, rideeverything92, blizzbikes, bstick, showtime402, brokenbmx.....tired of listing. Ask around im legit