tell me how to do a freaking barspin!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2010 8:35 AM

can someone tell me how to do a barspin...?

|

3/31/2010 9:12 PM

i have the same question

|

4/1/2010 9:04 AM

First, raise your seat then
1. Pull your front wheel up, and just as your lifting the back wheel clamp your seat and spin your bars, as you reach teh height of your hop, catch your bars and land. Its mostly trial and error, and theirs no real technique, however I find looking at my stem helpful before the spin, I dont know why it just does. Practice, these things take time. Hope i helped :D

|

4/3/2010 11:57 AM

i dont think you have to raise your, seat just kinda pinch your knees together and it keeps the bike stabilized and the most important thing is to through the bars when your bike is peaked out and level then through, it feels wierd but otherwise you wont stay on your bike, just practise in grass and it doesnt hurt that bad to fall, so just practise

|

4/3/2010 12:32 PM

first of all u dnt have to raise your fett just practise bunnyhop one handers then a one handed x-up then wen u got those dialed u definetly could barspin throw bar catch with opposite hand

|

refs. (spikez5 ) (famousemanx2) (legendsx23) (harry95)))(bloodboii)

email me-xsoloxdolox@yahoo.com

4/5/2010 6:23 PM

jump in the air throw the motha fuckin bars!

|

4/5/2010 6:26 PM

I haven't done a bunnyhop barspin yet, but you can pratice spinning the bars by putting your back tire against a wall, pulling the front wheel off the ground with your feet still on the ground. Once your comfortable in this position, you can pratice throwing and catching the bars. If you want to spin your bars to the right, you let go with your left hand, spin the bars with your right 'till the they are 90 degrees, then let go and be ready to catch them with your left hand once they spin 270 degrees. Then bring them back so their facing forward, and put your right hand back on the right grip.

Once you've got spinning the bar down, try it again without looking at the bars. This will help get it in your head so you can focus on your landing, or you bunnyhop.

The next step is to try it in a manual. Ride at a slow, comfortable speed, pop the front end up, pinch the seat with your knees, spin and catch the bars, quitely release the seat before the front tire touchs the ground.

Then I think you need to try it on a jump or ramp. I havn't done that yet, but I think it's better to do it on a jump/ramp before doing it from just a bunnyhop.

|

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

4/5/2010 6:32 PM

ill make a how to!

|

On My bicycle i have the freedom to do anything i put my mind to, and thats what i live for

4/5/2010 6:42 PM

HHBMX wrote:

ill make a how to!

please

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

4/5/2010 6:51 PM

im left foot forward and i throw my bars with my right and catch with the left but i think its normal when people are right foot forward and throw with the right but when ever i throw the bars i cant get my left leg back enough so the bars wont hit. WHAT DO I DO!!!!

|

go ride a bike

4/5/2010 7:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2010 7:04 PM

well i can do them with the seat up or down it just gives you a little stability ( somethin to hold on to with your knees ) if you do them with the seat up then the guy that said to raise the seat was spot on with his description but if you run it slammed then its as simple as hop up throw down just get the throw and catch thing down before you blast down a set of stairs or somethin , back up to something so your back wheel is against it and pull the bars up a bit and throw and catch get it dialed so you can get it without letting the front wheel touch the ground this should help if not just huck it who knows you may find a better way but at least try a lot of people dont do them because they are scared lol dont be those people ( if you are goffie footed it is nice to have a 21 top tube and or not huge bars when learning but once you get the hang of it you shouldnt have any problems with big bars its just a matter of getting the legs back a bit

|

4/5/2010 7:04 PM

HHBMX wrote:

ill make a how to!

carjakester wrote:

please

this times a million

|

If you're riding your bike to solely become sponsored one day, you're riding for all the wrong reasons.
As cliche as this is, having fun is the point!

4/5/2010 7:52 PM

spin your bars followed of ur hand!

|

4/5/2010 8:11 PM

its not that hard, its one of those tricks that once you figure technique to catch the bars youll have it every try. i dont even look at my bars anymore.
When i first learned them i just did bus drivers, just make sure you catch the bars with your catching hand. the trick takes full focus, dont expect to just throw the bars and land,
you have to bunny hop, or fly out, pinch or straighten your legs, doesnt matter hwat you do just get your legs out of the way, and just throw and catch the bars.
seriously just make sure you actually focus on throwing and actually catching,
you cant just throw and expect to land them.
Good luck!

|

4/5/2010 8:14 PM

LEARN HALF BARS FIRST
|

4/5/2010 8:17 PM

dont worry bout the seat heigth. its dont really matter. but it does matter witch was u throw the bars. if ur left foot forward throw the bars to the left it helps alot because when i was learning them i throw them the opposite way and never could get them ten i threw them the other way and got them in lik a couple tries. just practice

|

4/5/2010 8:18 PM

tony larson bmx wrote:

jump in the air throw the motha fuckin bars!

so yeah this explains it best jump and throw the bars this is what i was told when i learned bars right foot forward throw with right hand left foot left hand (generally but some people do it baccwards) good lucc, jump and throw

|

4/5/2010 9:08 PM

its easy as shit,, DONT THINK ABOUT ITTTT! just do it.

|

-DaltonMurphy

4/5/2010 9:12 PM

pinch your cranks or seat, and throw your bars. easy as that

|

4/5/2010 11:20 PM

this might help, its shitty quality and that, but it gives you an idea... it was from when i first started doing barries and i had the same problem of not being able to keep my feet on cause it felt wierd when they lifted off my pedals, but when you just go it and 'glue' your feet to your pedals thats when i landed them! you basically just have to wait till your at the highest point of your air or whatever and then level out and throw them. make sure youve got your bum poking out enough so you bars wont catch on your shirt, but also make sure your leaning over the top of your bars(if you get me?..) then catch it with your other hand and KEEP THOSE FEET ON YOUR PEDALS! easternrider21, i kindof have the same problem exept i ride left foot forward and im spose to ride right foot forward, but i throw the bars with my left hand (so its not relly the same problem! haha). but i do whips the goofy foot way (kick it with my left foot), so i just switch my feet, so you could do the same thing.. it may feel wierd at the start but you get used to it, or you can always just learn oppo bars, but switching your feet is a whole lot easier...

|

4/5/2010 11:21 PM

oh ok sorry the video didnt work haha thats not much help then!

|

4/5/2010 11:54 PM

Biker4Lifer wrote:

1. Pull your front wheel up, and just as your lifting the back wheel clamp your seat and spin your bars, as you reach teh height of your hop, catch your bars and land. Its mostly trial and error, and theirs no real technique, however I find looking at my stem helpful before the spin, I dont know why it just does. Practice, these things take time. Hope i helped :D

dont raise your seat...

|

MAXdaB3AST

4/5/2010 11:57 PM

well i first practiced just lifting up my bike and throwing the bars and catching them really good and then i finnally grew the balls to hop and throw it
but yeah your gonna want to lft up and when your going up straighten up your front leg and and push forward a little bit and throw the bars as if you were just standing there throwing your bars ...not gonna lie fly out is way easier but super scary

|

MAXdaB3AST

4/6/2010 12:04 AM

There Is a secret to It it's called manning up and throwing em and rolling away wooo-hooo.

|

4/6/2010 12:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 1:52 AM

1. When you jump out get your bike parralel to the ground.
2. Make sure your legs are straight and your leaning towards the bars (Depending on howw tall you are).
3. Timing is important, do throw them too early or late, i tend to through them just before i start to go down.
4. The barspin shouldn't be to slow, if your having trouble catching them throw a bit harder.
And thats pretty much it .

|

4/6/2010 12:44 AM

just toss them bitches like that girl from last week

easy as

1.bunny hop witch i hope you can do

2.toss the bars an land!

|

4/6/2010 1:49 AM

Biker4Lifer wrote:

u do not have to raise ur seat at all my seat is completley slamed and i learnt them with my seat slammed word to your mother

|

4/6/2010 3:35 AM

look theyre not hard its all about committment ok

learn them out of a flyout first then you can learn them wherever once there dialled

1. as your front wheel leaves the ramp push your knees back and clamp them together

you dont have to learn to chuck them straight away learn bus drivers first there much easier

2.which ever hand you want to throw them with you just follow the bars round with that hand you pretty much use the back of your throwing hand

if you dont get it at first or dont chuck them straight away dont worry it takes practice

3.as it comes round get your other hand in postion to catch and your done

sometimes youll miss the bars and take it a few times but youll get there

hope this helped

|

4/6/2010 3:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2010 3:43 AM

|

4/6/2010 3:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 1:52 AM

|