Chicago suburbs - Naperville area

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2016 5:28 PM

I'm in Oswego, any trail recommendations.

Also looking for parts locally, let me know what ya got.

|

12/30/2016 4:53 AM

The Garden is about an hour from Naperville.
|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

12/30/2016 7:04 AM

Very nice, I'll have to work up to that place. Old guy, Back into riding. Threw all the mountain bikes in storage, back on 20 and 24".

|

2/7/2017 3:54 AM

I'm from channahon and willing to put in the shovel time if you know or wanna find a spot near us... I'm 33 also getting back into bmx

|

2/22/2017 11:27 AM

Plainfield Bike Park might be worth checking out

|

2/24/2017 10:04 AM

https://www.oswegolandparkdistrict.org/venue/saw-wee-kee-park/

Just found this place, was talking to some mountain bikers. 5.5 miles of dirt trails between Oswego and Yorkville.
I haven't had a chance to get out to it yet. Gonna dust off a midschool and see if theres any jumps.

|

12/10/2017 11:47 AM

Hey guys I know this post is older like me. Lol

I live in Joliet/Plainfield area and I'm getting back into riding Bmx looking to pick up a new bike now! Also buying my son a new bike for racing. I bought him a Cult 12" when he was 3 years old now looking to buy him a mini.

I have been looking for some indoor places to ride over the winter. I also own a mini excavator if anyone knows where we could build some jumps, rhythm section or even a track. Let me know if any of you guys are still ridin

|

12/15/2017 3:05 PM

You might want to check out Walworth indoor BMX track in WI. I'm not into racing so I've never been.
https://usabmx.com/tracks/1183
I prefer the Kitchen in South Bend or Four Seasons in Milwaukee. And there's Asylum too.

|

12/17/2017 6:35 AM

Im 46 and in the Joliet/Manhattan area. Me and a buddy ride pretty often. We suck but have fun if anyone is interested.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

12/17/2017 6:58 PM

Dood, I'm down to ride anytime. Just getting into BMX after a Looong time. PM'd

|

12/30/2017 12:29 PM

Curt D wrote:

I did send you a text.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

1/3/2018 9:09 AM

Hatebreeder wrote:

Im 46 and in the Joliet/Manhattan area. Me and a buddy ride pretty often. We suck but have fun if anyone is interested.

Wish you weren't 2 hours away! LOL. We could have games of B.I.K.E over bunny hops and 180's (I suck too).

|

1/6/2018 7:52 PM

Hey all. I'm thinking of heading out to Rays for 3 or 4 days on Jan 18 or 19th-21st. I'll cover fuel as I'm going regardless of a passenger or not. Going to look onto Airbnb over a hotel, but it really doesn't matter. I'm getting back in bmx after a long time and just looking for some bike time. Hit me up. 815-793-4353

|

1/7/2018 1:40 PM

Curt D wrote:

Is this Curt that I know from back in the days? Stuntin the lots and streets?

|

1/7/2018 2:23 PM

Curt D wrote:

Mickolobe7 wrote:

Is this Curt that I know from back in the days? Stuntin the lots and streets?

Holy crap....ya, It is. I’m still holding onto old pics and memories of the good ol days lol.
Who’s this?

|

1/13/2018 9:47 AM

I’m an older guy getting back into riding as well... Aurora area here... there are quite afew nice little skate/ ramp parks around. As far as dirt jumping... Plainfield Bike Park is about the best bet ( as far as I know)... if we get with the people that run it... that excavator might come in handy.

Saw wee kee in Aurora area is a mountainbike type trail... tight/ techy.... not really for full rigid 20” bikes.

I have done alittle search and quite afew towns around here have some nice skate parks...there is also a dirt jump park on the south side of Chicago... called The Park at Big Marsh... it’s off Stony Island... never been, but u can see it on u tube. Would b great to ride with others around my age!! Lol

|

1/14/2018 10:08 AM

I'm game to ride whenever. Not to sure what I would do at a skatepark because I seriously suck but I can give it a shot. We mainly ride on the streets hopping on to, over and off of stuff. At the age of 46, it keeps me young and healthy.

|

Legit

1/14/2018 7:59 PM

Looking forward to riding with you old farts this spring lol. That said, I’m prob the oldest.
The Plainfield Park has a nice lot to work on wheelies and manuals. They have 3 jump lanes for all skills. There is a pump track as well.
In my head I can still tear it up....but the truth is I’m back to a beginner haha. It’s all about having fun.

|

1/15/2018 3:20 PM

Curt D wrote:

Looking forward to riding with you old farts this spring lol. That said, I’m prob the oldest.
The Plainfield Park has a nice lot to work on wheelies and manuals. They have 3 jump lanes for all skills. There is a pump track as well.
In my head I can still tear it up....but the truth is I’m back to a beginner haha. It’s all about having fun.

100% agree. Im a beginner again too. As long as im pedaling, im enjoying myself. We were going to try and ride Joliet this weekend, but with the snow, it will probably be to wet.

|

Legit

1/15/2018 5:17 PM

Curt D wrote:

Hatebreeder wrote:

100% agree. Im a beginner again too. As long as im pedaling, im enjoying myself. We were going to try and ride Joliet this weekend, but with the snow, it will probably be to wet.

Shoot me a text if you decide to ride.
I'm leaving for Ray's MTB early Wed and will be back Fri night.

|

1/16/2018 1:22 AM

Curt D wrote:

Hatebreeder wrote:

Curt D wrote:

Shoot me a text if you decide to ride.
I'm leaving for Ray's MTB early Wed and will be back Fri night.

Will do. Hopefully some of the snow melts off and the pavement is dry.

|

Legit

1/16/2018 4:41 PM

Ramp parks can b fun... lots of small boxes and stuff to jump on/ off.... more than anything.. HAVE FUN!!

By the way... what is everyone riding?? I was bigtimr into flatland back in the day and trying to decide what park/ street bike to get ..

|

1/17/2018 9:10 AM

Hey Mike

Between me and my buddy, we have probably 8 complete 20in bikes, all sizes and different geo's, a Street 24" and also a 26in street MTB. You are more that welcome to ride them all and see what you like best before you buy something.

|

Legit

1/17/2018 7:04 PM

I have 2 as well you can take for a spin.
Sunday Soundwave and a '16 Fit Dugan Signature. I can't comment on the Sunday, I haven't rode it since I got it. I'm liking the Fit so far.

On another note ....im at Rays and it is pretty freakiin cool. It can def wear you out. If you have some skills in the air, you would love it.

|