Ohio Roll Call

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2015 11:30 AM

Just want to meet the riders of Ohio, let me know where you are at and where you ride. I live north of Columbus and mainly ride at the local skatepark and anywhere that will allow me to pull out a shovel. I'm 29 years old originally from Australia and started riding at the age of 13.

|

"Live by the pedal, die by the chain."

11/11/2015 9:21 PM

Niles Ohio. There some nice trails called THE DIPS

|

11/15/2015 4:31 PM

I live in newark. I usually ride the trails around here. I know of a few spots in columbus. There's dodge park which is close to downtown (nice bowls to ride with the occasional annoying kids on their walmart bikes getting in your way) and lots of trails in westerville (which are close to the westerville skate park). Most of the spots in westerville are right off the bike path.

|

"If you don't crash once in a while you're not riding hard enough" -magoo

3/23/2016 10:37 AM

Hi I'm new to bmx and I'm in Columbus ohio, and looking for people to ride with.

|

3/27/2016 7:31 PM

Columbus Ohio guy right here. Old guy to be more specific. Been riding the dirt trails around here since the 70's. Still have my 1988 Mongoose Californian Pro and have been getting back into riding it. Have been in the MTB world for the past 20+ years...never really gave up BMXing, but got out of the trick/park/bowl side of riding as I got "too old" to be in bowls/parks/ and half-pipes with what has (sadly) become lots of thugs. Not that all are like that, but I never remember a time where there were 'locals only" rules, and you can get jumped for trying to ride a park...pretty f-ing lame. Not to sound old, but back in the 70's and 80's, you could ride at almost any park and you were welcome. Now it is just stupid gang-culture influenced stuff. Weak!

Oh well, I will stick to the dirt trails I ride MTB on like we did back in the past as well. My step son is getting into it as well so i hope to teach him the right things about BMX. Would be cool to meet other people from the area who love to ride!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

3/29/2016 8:37 AM

I haven't ran into any problems with gangs. I recently started skateboarding and I've been to a lot of the parks around Columbus Ohio it's been all good. I want to start a over 30 bmx crew with weekly rides and sessions

|

4/18/2016 6:13 PM

bignutty614 wrote:

I haven't ran into any problems with gangs. I recently started skateboarding and I've been to a lot of the parks around ...more

I would be into that. I also have a couple of friends who would do that. They live in Grandview and I live in C-ville.

I mainly ride at the little skate park up by Wilson Bridge Rd. on the Olentangy Trail with my step-son. There is also one down near campus near the Tuttle swimming pool, but that one os always really busy....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

4/18/2016 6:35 PM

Sweet I actually just left the park on olantangy I had it all to myself at 5:00. Ill be there this Thursday the 20th. We had a nice session Friday we road street from Hudson to doge park the one you were talking about im working on t shirts right now hit me up #bmx4like

|

4/18/2016 6:39 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I took this on ohio state campus
|

4/18/2016 6:44 PM

Sweet I actually just left the park on olantangy I had it all to myself at 5:00. Ill be there this Thursday the 20th. We had a nice session Friday we road street from Hudson to doge park the one you were talking about im working on t shirts right now hit me up #bmx4likePhoto

|

4/18/2016 6:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2016 6:47 PM

bignutty614 wrote:

Sweet I actually just left the park on olantangy I had it all to myself at 5:00. Ill be there this Thursday the 20th. We had a ...more

Cool, which one...the Wilson Bridge one or tuttle? I don't do the social media thing, hit me up at my e mail address or pm me here and I will grab a shirt. What do they look like?. I would meet you at the park, but I work 14 hour days during the week so I rarely get to ride. (I am a band director/percussion instructor type for my 9-5) Once school is out, my days free up immensely.

If that is you in the pic, you are waaayyyy ahead of me. That was me 20+ years ago. (I am 46 now) I am just re-learning to get those kind of "BMX legs" back....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

4/18/2016 9:17 PM

bignutty614 wrote:

Sweet I actually just left the park on olantangy I had it all to myself at 5:00. Ill be there this Thursday the 20th. We had a ...more

sXeBMXer wrote:

Cool, which one...the Wilson Bridge one or tuttle? I don't do the social media thing, hit me up at my e mail address or pm me ...more

The one on Wilson bridge.Ok I will email you when the t shirts are done. When ever you want to ride let me know. I'm going to put this on a shirtPhoto

|