Skateparks in Wisconsin that allow bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2015 6:39 PM

Hey guys, does anybody know of skateparks that are preferably within 1 hour of Madison that allow bikes or where bikes are not allowed, but nobody cares if they are there?

|

9/15/2015 6:04 AM

I think the town is called Whitewater, there was a fun park there like 10 years ago when I was down that way. Otherwise drive to Milwaukee and ride 4-Seasons.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/15/2015 6:05 AM

Here is a shot of it.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/15/2015 10:05 AM

I've heard of 4 seasons. Have you been to Rays mtb?

|

9/21/2015 8:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2015 8:23 AM

Noahridesbikes wrote:

I haven't but I hear it is awesome. Last time I was down there, Rays was not there yet.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/21/2015 9:44 AM

Noahridesbikes wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I haven't but I hear it is awesome. Last time I was down there, Rays was not there yet.

I love that place!

|

3/9/2016 8:02 PM

I actually could potentially become a WI resident, depending on a few factors.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/9/2016 9:08 PM

Both Rays, and 4 seasons kick ass. there is also one in Wauwautosa at hart park. One on the corner of S 84th street, and W National ave in West Allis. Both cities are known as Milwaukee. You could also check out the neighborhood skatepark in Warrens Wi at the 3 bears lodge. Thats where the Baco jams are held now. It's just north on 94. With all that said Whitewater is the closest to you.

|

3/16/2016 6:46 PM

There is a new Indoor park in Eau Claire WI called Urban Roots. They let bikes in but said they rarely have anyone.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/20/2016 4:49 AM

My friend is going to take his daughter to urban roots next Friday. He was telling me about the lay out , and sounds like fun. Do you know what part of Wi you would be moving to?

|

3/22/2016 7:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2016 7:20 PM

2620 wrote:

My friend is going to take his daughter to urban roots next Friday. He was telling me about the lay out , and sounds like fun. Do you know what part of Wi you would be moving to?

Eau Claire, IF it happens. Depends on a few factors. Likely I would be out there for a bit on weekdays, then my family would move out there with me once our current lease is up.

I should know in about a week or so. I would enjoy being in a new place, getting to ride new street spots and parks, and I like the atmosphere of that area, so that would be fun, but it would be very hard to leave my current area, because we have a lot of friends and some family here too, PLUS there is a pretty solid free plaza to ride like 4 miles from home.

I would honestly consider trying to put in for a part time one or two day a week gig at that park if I could find the time :D

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/22/2016 8:46 PM

Thanks everybody for the responses. I am working with city of Verona officials to redo and revamp the local skatepark. We are still in the process of finalizing a design and getting pricing. Please spread the word. For any questions or comments, I am easily reached via Instagram: @noahridesbikes.

|

3/31/2016 4:04 PM

Looks like I am staying in MN for now.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/21/2016 3:32 PM

Sadly Urban Roots already closed. They weren't getting the traffic to stay open.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/10/2017 4:50 AM

Late to comment but Watertown, Hartford ,and West bend all have free parks that allow bikes. There not the best parks ,but fun to kill a afternoon with buddies. Beaver dam has a park in the works but it's taking forever. Wish 4 season would of kept the park open in Madison. Not sure why they closed it was always packed.

|

6/12/2017 4:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2017 4:40 PM

shawn1984 wrote:

Late to comment but Watertown, Hartford ,and West bend all have free parks that allow bikes. There not the best parks ,but fun to kill a afternoon with buddies. Beaver dam has a park in the works but it's taking forever. Wish 4 season would of kept the park open in Madison. Not sure why they closed it was always packed.

I'm guessing here, but probably summers. That's what has done in most of the indoor parks in Minnesota. Decent weather and kids hit the free parks and street, that means no $ for indoor parks.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/19/2017 5:26 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

So, what happened with this? Did you cross the boarder or no?

|

11/2/2017 3:22 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Nope-the employment opportunity fell through.

I will be in MN for a while, bought a house since that time, and have recently accepted a new position at the current employer that I start next week.

Unless some insane opportunity comes up, I won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/6/2018 5:05 PM

Noahridesbikes wrote:

Hey guys, does anybody know of skateparks that are preferably within 1 hour of Madison that allow bikes or where bikes are not allowed, but nobody cares if they are there?

The Appleton skatepark allows bikes, here is a link to it on Google Maps:

Telulah Park

|

10/24/2018 12:20 PM

4Seasons in MIlwaukee

|

1/9/2019 9:10 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I will be in MN for a while, bought a house since that time, and have recently accepted a new position at the current employer that I start next week.

Unless some insane opportunity comes up, I won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

This may change again. Same place. Stay tuned.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/10/2019 11:25 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Get to MILWAUKEE!!!! I need a riding bud!

|

1/11/2019 7:36 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Get to MILWAUKEE!!!! I need a riding bud!

Won't be that far down, would be Eau Claire again BUT I would be down to hit 4 Seasons on occasion. Also Madison street is good, and I REALLY want to ride the park in Racine (if it is still there). Road Fools 8 was there. I was there once years ago and a snowstorm was supposed to come in the NEXT DAY so they closed it down when it was sunny and 60 degrees. I was so pissed.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/7/2019 5:50 PM

Im in appleton wi..we have a few good outdoor parks and 1 indoor..about 2 hrs from madison

|

2/12/2019 6:23 AM

I am awaiting some discussions etc on the Eau Claire situation-I will be sure to update should that go down.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/28/2019 9:55 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I am awaiting some discussions etc on the Eau Claire situation-I will be sure to update should that go down.

Discussions went down, and then it was made clear by someone who would be directly impacted that they don't want to change scenery that much. SO it is not happening.

BUT I want to get out that way this summer and ride a bit.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/7/2019 10:24 PM

New Richmond wi Stillwater area riding parks ?

|

11/15/2019 1:43 PM

Noahridesbikes wrote:

in 2019 and closer to Milwaukee/Waukesha than Madison, but still within an hour are the following:

In order of awesomeness

1 - 4 Seasons Milwaukee, probably the "best" bmx park in WI, indoor, paid

2 - Whitewater Rotary Skate Park, outdoors and free, small, bike friendly

3 - Waukesha Skate Park - outdoors and free, smaller, but bike friendly

4 - Tosa Skatepark - concrete, decent size, bike friendly

5 - Delafield Skate Park - very NICE, but bikes only allowed UNOFFICIALLY, but in 3yrs the homies and I have not had any troubles and we don't even roll deep, jus 2-3 of us. PRO TIP, early mornings are you friends here for bmx

|

11/25/2019 10:04 AM

Racine has an outdoor. Down by the lake, downtown, just south of the library.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

11/25/2019 1:48 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

Racine has an outdoor. Down by the lake, downtown, just south of the library.

oh man that one is still around? haha, i forgot about it.

Do they stil have that massive concrete ledge for grinding?

oNe

|