Any pop punk fans?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2012 10:09 PM

Check my band Racing Homer out. Were a pop punk band out of Los Angeles. I'm the bassist.

http://www.purevolume.com/RacingHomer

The demos are old and with our old drummer but still decent.

|

3/19/2012 11:13 AM

Check out our facebook as well facebook.com/racinghomer

|

3/25/2012 12:41 AM

not going to look at it untill i know what pop punk you are... are you pop punk... or "pop punk"
by that i mean are you the descendents, the vandals, old sum 41, old blink 182, and old mxpx,

or are you like all time low, a day to remember, man overboard or any of those bands that have names so long theyre generally abbreviated by their fans

*and if your in the later category i need to know how deeps your band's v's brah? also i would need to know how your people keep their hats like that?... you know, more that halfway off their head, but somehow it just wont fall off... i just dont get how it works like that*

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/25/2012 9:34 PM

Well you basically hit the nail on the head with the first bands mentioned. Older Green Day is also a huge influence we are nothing like this new wave of hardcore or whatever it is. And I used to wear v necks(I think thats what you were referring to?) in 9th grade but not anymore, and I try to keep my hats and beanies on my head as much as possible. Hope you give us a listen and let me know what you think.

|

3/25/2012 10:49 PM

solid... i may just do that lol

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

3/25/2012 10:53 PM

you guys aint half bad... only listened to part of a song... i gotta go to sleep soon

|

3/26/2012 8:09 AM

Thanks man, those demos are with our old drummer so hopefully we can have some new content coming.

|

3/29/2012 5:15 PM

cool i play bass to. my first attempt at getting a band together didnt go so well, no one wanted to do anything except me. im trying to start a metalcore band now.

|

steazy

3/29/2012 5:24 PM

Cool dude, this used to be the kind of music I listened to and it's good.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/3/2012 5:08 PM

Old school shit like MxPx and Green Day is great to wake up to. I may have to check you guys out.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

4/27/2012 10:08 PM

Holy shit it sounds like early blink this is really good!

|

5/2/2012 7:20 PM

Right on dude. Besides the occasional, sounds like the lead vocals from Five Year Strong (only hear from a friend but thought catchy, don't hate.) Except no screamo fake-o. My first impression, the new Ataris when it was "punk" but good and cute enough to get some listens.
Couldn't help but to connect the bands influence with Alk3, one of my favorite bands ever. "Dragging the Lake" , a tongue in cheek Skeleton song. Dude not really bad, I'd rock it in the morning or after a breakdown to get hyped. Get some new shit out, we can d/l it for free and spread the word! Not sure how you take that.
Early blink like Cheshire and Ranch? I have a different approach, but that is still a compliment. Can't stand 'em now. I'm gonna put my cards on the table; it's high-schoolish music but certainly fun. Fun leads to fun times. Keep it rollin' buddy. Oh and get a fucking horn of some kind in the background on at least a song or too. Or don't, good luck dudes.

|