Fave Punk Bands???

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2013 8:02 PM

I came up in the 80's and 90's as a biker, skater and snowboarder. Back then, we all pretty much listened to punk. Here's the shit:

Adolescents
Black Flag
Social Distortion
The Vandals
Guttermouth
Descendants
Good Riddance
Minor Threat
Face to Face
NOFX
Dead Kennedys
Anti-Flag (I hate what they stand for and sing about, but they kick ass musically speaking)
Pennywise
Pulley
LagWagon
No Use For a Name
Millencolin

Anyway, these are just off the top of my head. A couple of them could be considered old school hardcore as well but FTW!!!

|

I'm on the edge of glory!

4/3/2013 10:05 AM

Idk if they're really punk or not, but I fucking love Against Me! Listen to them 24/7.

|

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:

2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "

Ride For:

42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

4/3/2013 6:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2013 8:32 PM

What about Propagandhi??? Those crazy Canadians rock with less talk (yes I'm lame but if you like them you'll get it). Love Kids of the Black Hole and Amoeba by the Adolescents. Moon over Marin and Holiday in Cambodia are my faves from Dead Kennedys. AFI has its moments too. BreakThru, I definitely consider Against Me as punk. I have their New Wave album, although it's got a weird vibe to it IMO where I could see it being questioned as to if it's punk or not.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

4/3/2013 6:41 PM

Favorite Punk and all its subgenres like Emo/Screamo (the real shit) would including the following:

Orchid
Page 99
Saetia
Refused
At the Drive In
Amber Daybreak
Manbearpig
Millencolin
Lagwagon
The Vandals
AFI
Fugazi
I have Dreams
We Were Skeletons
Pianos Become The Teeth
Balboa

There's a fucking ton more but those are my favorites.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/3/2013 7:26 PM

^You mean to tell me that there is actually a band named Manbearpig? F-in awesome!!!

|

Winter is over-rated

4/4/2013 9:44 AM

FEAR
Fugazi
Minor Threat
DOA
TSOL
Meat Men
Bad Brains
Husker Du
Discipline
Bad Religion
Operation Ivy
Black Flag
Dag Nasty
Cro-Mags
Agnostic Front
Stimulators
SS Decontrol
Dead Kennedys
The Clash
Sex Pistols
Circle Jerks
Deftones

etc etc etc

|

4/4/2013 10:15 PM

^Great list, but I don't consider the Deftones punk. Fuck it though, I still kick Adrenaline daily...Bored, 7 words, Engine no. 9 etc. all good shit!

|

Winter is over-rated

4/5/2013 8:28 AM

Yeah I just threw them in for fun. I thought about including ska bands... but the list was getting long enough as-is.

|

4/8/2013 7:10 AM

rancid, lars frederikson and the bastards (fucked up his last name), no cash, morning glory, the infested, choking victim, leftover crack, star fucking hipsters, anti flag, nofx, bad brains, wednesday night heroes, international superheroes of hardcore, blood for blood, h2o, blink 182, the vandals, the descendents, the unseen, ashers, self destruct, the damned, Gwar, gg allin (most of his bands, i like the jabbers the best), johnny hobo and the freight trains, ramshackle glory, wingnut dishwasher union (basically all pat the bunnys bands) flogging molly, the tossers, dropkick murphys, street dogs, the misfits, tossers, the circle jerks, the vibrators, adicts, germs, dead kennedys, pennywise, guttermouth, fear, gbh, black flag, casualties, minor threat, social distortion,op ivy, face to face, pulley, the damned, left alone,mindless self indulgence, the malakas, the explosion, cheap sex, die huns (and all his other bands), ALL, krum bums, scarred, the akas, reagan youth, black pacific, the pouges, rich kids on lsd, doa, dri, afi, subhumans, off, anti heroes, ducky boys, orange, one way system, monster squad, suburban legends, spikey brats, beerzone, indk, sloppy seconds, gang green, screeching weasel,mischief brew, jfa, total chaos, the business, ian dury and the blockheads, 7 seconds, the rabble, time again, the queers, cranford nix, buzzcocks, green jello, suicidal tendencies, sick of it all, snapcase, crass, ydi, agent orange, the crack horse, hank williams III, fminus, wesley willis, lucero, last call brawl, lower class brats, the distillers, gallows, flatfoot 56, death punch, bloody irish boys, cerebral bawlzy, larry and his flask, dc fallout, the sparring, farfrom finished, the germs, the f ups, koffin kats, necromantix, the offspring, bad religion, adolescents, mighty mighty bosstones, me first and the gimmie gimmies

i can go all day,and by that i can add quite a few more bands if your lookin for shit to listen to

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/10/2013 10:54 AM

Madtown608 wrote:

^You mean to tell me that there is actually a band named Manbearpig? F-in awesome!!!

Yeah it's pretty rad! Check them out. Their ep is free (legally haha).

|

4/10/2013 3:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2013 3:47 PM

i was about to start one of these haha
right now I'm into Discharge Blatoidea (http://aworldwenevermade.bandcamp.com/album/alive) Shithouse (http://aworldwenevermade.bandcamp.com/album/witness-the-shitness) Altered Boys (http://alteredboysnj.bandcamp.com/album/self-titled-7-katorga-works) and Whorehouse of represenetives
oh yeah you cant forget The Exploited

|

4/10/2013 3:57 PM

also Albie Bennett's band is pretty good
http://harddads.bandcamp.com/

|

4/10/2013 9:39 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah it's pretty rad! Check them out. Their ep is free (legally haha).

Where??? I'd love to check them out.

|

Winter is over-rated

4/11/2013 8:49 AM

Madtown608 wrote:

http://manbearpig.bandcamp.com/

|

4/11/2013 8:17 PM

Thanks man, I love it! Kind of has a Fugazi vibe to it.

|

Winter is over-rated

4/11/2013 8:21 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

Four wrote:

http://manbearpig.bandcamp.com/

Madtown608 wrote:

Thanks man, I love it! Kind of has a Fugazi vibe to it.

No problem dude! Glad ya like it. Yeah Fugazi has influenced tons of Emo and hardcore bands. They're awesome too.

|

4/11/2013 8:40 PM

Four wrote:

No problem dude! Glad ya like it. Yeah Fugazi has influenced tons of Emo and hardcore bands. They're awesome too.

That's kick ass to hear man. Ian MacKaye is so damn unappreciated as far as his influence on so many musical genres starting with Minor Threat and the whole Straight Edge movement (even though there was no intention of starting a movement).

|

Winter is over-rated

4/13/2013 7:48 AM

Nirvana

|

4/24/2013 7:53 PM

my top two of all time has to start out with the amazing G.G. Allin and then the british punk band Sex Pistols

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/24/2013 9:17 PM

Can't believe none of you said suicidal tendencies or misfits lol

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/25/2013 5:27 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

I liked the misfits but that shit is way too played out now. All of the fucking kids in misfits shirts who can't name 5 of their songs annoy me lol.

|

4/25/2013 10:15 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

the misfits is a given, and i actually cant believe i forgot suicidal tendencies

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

4/25/2013 10:16 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Four wrote:

I liked the misfits but that shit is way too played out now. All of the fucking kids in misfits shirts who can't name 5 of their songs annoy me lol.

i do that all the time, i have 3 shirts, i know that one that like they sayabout the baby and the mother, then theres that one where theyre all like hybridmoments

|

4/25/2013 5:35 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

i can't believe no one else said G.G. Allin
He is what i grew up too and when i ask someone if they know him they don't have a clue?

|

4/26/2013 10:26 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

He is what i grew up too and when i ask someone if they know him they don't have a clue?

i said gg allin, i even specified that i liked the jabbers the best lol

|

4/27/2013 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2013 11:36 AM

Fear
RKL
TSOL
Rudimentary Peni
Dr. Know
Inepsy
Smut Peddlers
Circle Jerks
Black Flag
Subhumans
Dead Kennedy's
GBH
Ill Repute
Agression
JFA
MDC

|

4/29/2013 9:13 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

Sorry there didn't see it in your list, amazing that you can remember all of them on the spot
and yeah the jabbers were great but i liked Antiseen better.

|

4/30/2013 10:33 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

Sorry there didn't see it in your list, amazing that you can remember all of them on the spot
and yeah the jabbers were great but i liked Antiseen better.

lol like i said, i can go all day

|

4/30/2013 11:07 AM

More on the hardcore side, but I also listen to Warzone, Agnostic-Front, Sick of it All, H20...

|

Winter is over-rated

5/27/2013 12:55 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

More on the hardcore side, but I also listen to Warzone, Agnostic-Front, Sick of it All, H20...

good shit... and now adays all them there super brootal "hardcore" kids consider that punk anyway lol

|