Screamo

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2013 6:21 PM

Anyone else listen to real Skramz/Real Screamo shit? Like Orchid, Circle Takes the Square, pageninetynine, I Hate Myself, Face For Radio etc?

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

1/7/2013 3:19 PM

screamo is gay

|

1/7/2013 5:11 PM

sbc785 wrote:

screamo is gay

This.

What these kids view as hardcore is so off it's retarded.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

1/7/2013 5:30 PM

sbc785 wrote:

screamo is gay

Lol, I will admit it's not very appealing to most people.

|

1/7/2013 5:35 PM

Droogskull wrote:

This.

What these kids view as hardcore is so off it's retarded.

Yes. I agree with that, although Screamo was influenced a lot by hardcore. I suppose I know a few "real" hardcore bands but I'm not really an expert in the genre.

|

1/7/2013 10:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2013 10:54 PM

the problem with the screamo genre is that you got too many stupid bands who classify themselves as screamo which waters down the genre, plus every screamo band regardless of how "good they are" has been ruined by the kids who hang out in the mall and try to dress like a skater gothic kid who put 0g tunnels in their ears and walk around like they're hardcore...

|

1/8/2013 3:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2013 3:06 AM

are you guys talking about actual screamo, like skramz? or the super duper brootal dawg screaming music that calls itself screamo/hardcore?... it kinda seems like you guys are mixing up the two... i dont really like either from what ive heard from them, but yeah, theyre a bit different

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/8/2013 8:51 AM

sbc785 wrote:

the problem with the screamo genre is that you got too many stupid bands who classify themselves as screamo which waters down ...more

Yeah I totally agree all the kids who call Pierce The Veil and Black Veil Brides Screamo/Emo have brought a bad name to both genres when really real Screamo sounds nothing like it. The scene kids bring a bad name to a lot of good bands and genres.

This is more of the Screamo shit I listen to:

?feature=player_detailpage
|

1/8/2013 8:54 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

are you guys talking about actual screamo, like skramz? or the super duper brootal dawg screaming music that calls itself ...more

Yeah, Skramz/Screamo is a lot different then what's called Screamo now. I know what ya meanSkramz is kind of a different sound but for some reason I find it appealing.

|

1/8/2013 5:16 PM

sbc785 wrote:

the problem with the screamo genre is that you got too many stupid bands who classify themselves as screamo which waters down ...more

I usually go out of my way to start shit with those kind of kids. I once went to a "metal" show dressed up all old school skin like and jumped in the pit with some of these kids. They were scared shitless because they couldn't thrash as hard as me. Also to clear things up the only reason I was seen at a show like that is because a very good friends band was playing and there was free beer.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

1/8/2013 8:00 PM

^Wow you are so badass. I wish i was as cool as you!

|

1/9/2013 1:53 PM

Droogskull wrote:

I usually go out of my way to start shit with those kind of kids. I once went to a "metal" show dressed up all old school skin ...more

lol my local indoor also is a venue, they used to have tons of punk bands play but now its all that brewtal shit... i do the same thing in between riding lol just go in and fuck with them

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

1/9/2013 7:04 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Scene kids? That's like the shit nowadays. I feel kinda into it..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/10/2013 3:13 PM

Screamo is based off hardcore? they sound nothing alike.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

1/10/2013 5:19 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

Yeah a lot of Screamo bands were based off of harcore. Real Screamo that is, A lot of people mislabel Screamo. Orchid is very similar to hardcore music. While some Screamo bands were based off of Emo others were based off of Hardcore punk such as Pg. 99 and Orchid etc.

Pg 99:

Orchid:

Saetia:
|

1/10/2013 5:25 PM

sbc785 wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Yeah that's the current trend. I've always listened to this kind of music, long before it was cool ( I know I sound like such a hipster but whatever fuck it). I mean honestly Sbc kinda got it spot on. Scene kids have sort of made it to where every band slightly harder than alternative rock is Emo/Screamo and everyone with dyed black hair (including myself) is now considered a scene kid. Regardless it's a lot better than the wigger trend I suppose.

|

1/10/2013 8:07 PM

sbc785 wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Four wrote:

Yeah that's the current trend. I've always listened to this kind of music, long before it was cool ( I know I sound like such ...more

Yep, slim fit band graphic shirts, piercings (besides normal sized regular diamond, studs, etc.), bleached/highlighted/dyed hair. All of those are stereotypes of emo or scene people. And when it comes to emo people, it is also often stereotyped that those people have a different sexual orientation than normal, such as a girl being lesbian or bisexual instead of heterosexual.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/11/2013 12:06 AM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

Four wrote:

Yeah a lot of Screamo bands were based off of harcore. Real Screamo that is, A lot of people mislabel Screamo. Orchid is very ...more

dont forget to add in that emo isnt the whiny bullshit and cutting your wrists, its emotive hardcore

|

1/11/2013 2:38 AM

Real hardcore =

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

1/11/2013 1:38 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

dont forget to add in that emo isnt the whiny bullshit and cutting your wrists, its emotive hardcore

Yup that's very true. Emotive Hardcore is where the term originated from, and a lot of Screamo bands base their sound off of. So many people now think it's all about depressed teenage kids who cut themselves, when really all the kids who claim to be Emo don't even know what they're talking about lol.

|

1/11/2013 1:45 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

Real hardcore =

Yes, Terror is indeed one of the real Hardcore bands. I suppose I meant Hardcore punk: bands like Refused. I agree with you that Screamo and bands like I Rise, Comeback Kid,Terror, Pantera, Hatebreed etc. are clearly different. I mean really most of it is quite fast and agressive music but the vocals are very different.

|

1/11/2013 1:51 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Yep, slim fit band graphic shirts, piercings (besides normal sized regular diamond, studs, etc.), bleached/highlighted/dyed ...more

Yeah, you're right everyone thinks that those types of kids are Emo. I believe they are indeed Scene kids. A lot of people in true Emo/Screamo bands just look normal and of course there are some with dyed black hair, tight pants etc. Most of the people nowadays who claim to be "Emo" know nothing about the music or sub culture, they think Black Veil Brides is real emo music and they have to wear all black. And yes, most people think if someone is Emo they're gay, mostly because of all the attention seeking kids constantly saying "I'm bisexual" (Not that there's anything wrong with being gay/bisexual/transgendered etc.)

|

1/12/2013 2:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2013 2:25 AM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

Real hardcore =

thats the new real hardcore, but at least you posted a good band (was half expecting some armflapper brootal bullshit lol)... i havent listened to them in years, shit i think the last time i saw them live was when like always the hard way came out lol the one guy is from muh city

|

2/15/2013 5:27 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

Real hardcore =

sketchytravis wrote:

thats the new real hardcore, but at least you posted a good band (was half expecting some armflapper brootal bullshit lol)... ...more

This lol. By the way I just noticed, sweet Anti Flag shirt.

|

2/18/2013 10:36 PM

Hardcore.

|

Ride, Burrito, Beer, Repeat.

2/19/2013 1:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2013 1:29 AM

BENNY_SF wrote:

Hardcore.

hellz yes sir... ida loved to be at a show like that, get a chance to take my fuckin steelies to the guy marchin on the stages knees, my life would be complete

|

2/19/2013 1:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2013 1:32 AM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

Real hardcore =

sketchytravis wrote:

thats the new real hardcore, but at least you posted a good band (was half expecting some armflapper brootal bullshit lol)... ...more

Four wrote:

This lol. By the way I just noticed, sweet Anti Flag shirt.

thanks brah, that thing is fucking ancient, every time i talk to them they bring up how old the damn thing is ahha

like i think that picture is from like 2009... and it was a super old t shirt then too lol

|

2/25/2013 11:49 AM

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

2/25/2013 5:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/25/2013 5:03 PM

I like Paragon but i don't classify them as screamo, they're more or less just hardcore, metal or post-hardcore.

|

2/26/2013 9:49 AM

sbc785 wrote:

I like Paragon but i don't classify them as screamo, they're more or less just hardcore, metal or post-hardcore.

This. Screamo or Emoviolence is punk. I don't even know what Paragon would be be but they're metal.

|