What music is for bmx?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/15/2018 6:30 PM

As we can see scooters own the rap, skateboard the rock but what about bmx? Seriously like in videos they put in different music then we expect, I would like to see your suggestions on what music you would like to see in the bmx world

|

1/20/2018 5:39 AM

What? Bmx has been around a long time, and there's been bmx videos for the majority of that time. The trends change, but there's always been music on bmx videos. From metal, to punk, to hardcore, to metal, to hip hop, to post hardcore, to that mumble rap shit. It's always been there. Most riders my age and up got into bmx when they were b boying and painting trains, or going to metal shows, or getting into the hardcore scene. They've always been subcultures that go hand in hand.

Although personally, I think post hardcore goes really well with riding. (proper post hardcore, not the crappy pop metal core on YouTube playlists)

Skateboarding has always had a massive hip hop influence too. Different brands are into different things. But watch zoo York mixtape and tell me skateboarding is rock.

|

1/20/2018 6:36 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

What? Bmx has been around a long time, and there's been bmx videos for the majority of that time. The trends change, but ...more

Yep, no point in limiting yourself to a certain type of music. If it sounds good to you, have at it. That even goes for the mumble rap, bones, xavier wulf, etc. if that's the kind of music you're into; I can't stand it for the most part but some of it would get me pumped. I'd just say to avoid limiting yourself to any specific type of music; there's good music in every genre and if you have an open mind about it, you'll find a lot more music to enjoy.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/21/2018 4:02 PM

Yeah listen to whatever you like, I remember something about this sport being called "freestyle" BMX... so listen to what you'd like whether it's new/old school rap, rock, or even Taylor Swift. Listen to what you like!smile

But personally I dig Eminems older music, Rap God, White America, Till I Collapse etc. I've also been digging this one group called, Fort Minor, they have some music that gets you pretty pumped...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/21/2018 5:29 PM

Hmmmmm ok I guess you can choose any music for riding as long as your happy people could say

|

1/26/2018 2:16 PM

80's speed metal or GTFO

|

It’s all bmx

3/29/2018 7:39 AM

auzzie105 wrote:

As we can see scooters own the rap, skateboard the rock but what about bmx? Seriously like in videos they put in different ...more

Different disciplines, along with disciplines in other things like vert skateboard taking rock, street skateboard taking hiphop, have different types of music associated with it.

Flatland pretty much is hiphop and breaks
Park is mainly mainstream bullshit, although sometimes it's tasteful music (trap music isn't tasteful)
Trails is speed metalcore
Race is speed metal
Vert is dubstep/complextro/insert hard genre edm here (90's hardcore techno for me)
Street is hiphop, mainstream bullshit, or edm

Generally BMX is associated with hiphop though, but it's not modern day hiphop, it's like 80-90's hiphop, you know, das efx, ice t, getto boyz, mc lyte, etc.

To be honest, skateboarding is probably just as much hiphop as it is rock.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican