Long Island Brookhaven Hospital Trails

Related:
Create New Tag

6/16/2013 8:48 PM

Alright there is trails in East Patchogue right near the hospital I would say there is at least 40 sets and hips all different sizes lips from about 3 ft to 7 ft tall and gaps 10 to 20 feet there are some real rad lines. I mean there is even an abandoned car in between a set a small car but a car none the less. The trails are rough though no body has worked them in like 2 years so they need maintenance work not a lot just smoothing out I have hit a bunch as is they are just rough, rutted, and slow so you can't always make the following sets. I could really use some help restoring them if anybody is in the area and wants to come help let me know ill give you the location.

Here is two quick shots obviously there is a lot more.

Photo

Photo

|

7/18/2013 6:44 PM

there sick i bine there

|

7/19/2013 12:54 PM

i gotta go there im from franklin square so its a little bit of a ride there but id love to help long island needs more bmx spots instead of just nickerson and huntington skate park

|

7/19/2013 1:53 PM

there r a lot of Trails on long island

|

7/27/2013 8:26 AM

I just started riding again after a few years. Bee looking for some trails near my way could you tell me where to find these willing o help rebuild

|

7/28/2013 9:18 PM

Thakidnamednick wrote:

I just started riding again after a few years. Bee looking for some trails near my way could you tell me where to find these willing o help rebuild

hey you know any good parks on LI i ride at nickerson sometimes but i hear that huntington is good u ever gone there

|

12/26/2014 4:39 PM

Any update on this ? I work very close to the area on Sills Rd. I used to dj backnin the day and want to get back into it. Those jumps look wAy out of my league but i am willing to dig. Im a active Trail Stewart with the CLIMB organization and ive done alot of trail work and trail building. I am the trail stweart of the Calverton mtb trail and ast trail stewart at Rocky Point. Please let me know. Im very anxious. I also have a couple spots by me in Sound Beach that need some love too

|

11/21/2015 3:38 PM

I got into riding trails this summer and I've been looking for a new place to ride since the place by my house got wrecked could you tell me where there located I would love to help out and I live in Shirley so it's right near where I live

|

12/20/2015 3:20 PM

I ride here all the time, now. There has been an extended season with the mild weather. In spite of the rain this past week, there were some people out there, today.

|

12/29/2015 3:49 PM

I work down the rode and having been digging at private trails in the area as well. Is love to come chek it out. Hit me up on Instagram 19detroit91

|

12/30/2015 7:47 AM

Avalon00 wrote:

I work down the rode and having been digging at private trails in the area as well. Is love to come chek it out. Hit me up on Instagram 19detroit91

I'm not on Instagram, but I'll let you know when we start working on them and riding them. We got lucky with the mild fall and early winter, but it looks like the season is over, for now.

|

12/17/2018 7:26 PM

Attempting to resurrect this thread ....
The name of the track is Stiritz. Some call it sterits or sterics but it's Stiritz, named after the developer that owns the adjacent land. It's part of Swan Lake park in technicality. It was started by locals that raced at the Shoreham BMX track in the 80s. I stewarded that track from 87-90. I am most responsible for the innermost core and the original set of doubles, the first berm and the first table top. Originally the lip hit vert. I live no where near and am far too sick to help right now but if that track is still there when I'm back next, it'll be fixed.

|

2/3/2019 4:04 AM

Following for an update.

|

2007 S&M LAF

2/3/2019 5:41 AM

Hit me up wwweeeyyyuuuu99 on IG. Im local

|

4/24/2019 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2019 7:08 PM

Midknightsecs wrote:

The name of the track is Stiritz. Some call it sterits or sterics but it's Stiritz, named after the developer that owns the adjacent land. It's part of Swan Lake park in technicality. It was started by locals that raced at the Shoreham BMX track in the 80s. I stewarded that track from 87-90. I am most responsible for the innermost core and the original set of doubles, the first berm and the first table top. Originally the lip hit vert. I live no where near and am far too sick to help right now but if that track is still there when I'm back next, it'll be fixed.

Where’s this place located? I just Got back into BMX after a 15 yr hiatus... picked up a Sunday model c and ready to get my a$$ beat up! Would love to restore these

|

4/24/2019 7:07 PM

|

5/31/2019 9:38 AM

Midknightsecs wrote:

Last I heard it had been leveled

|