2003 mustang or 1991camaro rs

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2011 4:31 AM

Buying a first car. Need help deciding, I'm a senior in high school and will be using it to drive to college and around town, voice your opinions!

2003 mustang, grandma owned, base model, needs some body work, needs new interior, v6 automatic 85000 miles $3000

1991 camaro rs,, mechanic owned, 91000 miles, 350 v8 Automatic. might need a paint job, runs great, reliable, needs a dash pad, 1900 obo

Help me out!

|

7/19/2011 5:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2011 5:28 AM

i would get the mustang, older the car the more likely it will have rust and shit itself, eg my car is 1996 and it already has rust, power windows stuffed, central locking is a bit dodgy and the roof lining has shit itself, but the mustang might not be cheap to fix depending on the damage it has taken, so really depends on how much you are willing to spend.
also seeing you know that a grandma has owned it, it is less likely that the car would be thrashed. smile just my opinion

|

7/19/2011 5:39 AM

Trev wrote:

i would get the mustang, older the car the more likely it will have rust and shit itself, eg my car is 1996 and it already has rust, power windows stuffed, central locking is a bit dodgy and the roof lining has shit itself, but the mustang might not be cheap to fix depending on the damage it has taken, so really depends on how much you are willing to spend.
also seeing you know that a grandma has owned it, it is less likely that the car would be thrashed. smile just my opinion

Yeah my dad said the same thing, but the camaro has no rust, and I feel like it would be easier and cheaper to fix an older car. But... It could end up being a money pit... The mustang just needs a few body panels because granny scaped it against the garage. it gets better mileage too, it's probably a more practical car, cameros are just so damn sexy haha

|

7/19/2011 8:04 AM

got pics?

|

vital's redneck

7/19/2011 8:15 AM

mustang. those camaros have so many problems. the headliners fall apart the dash falls apart and dont roll the windows down all the way. they go down to far and get stuck. you then have to get a screw driver and pry it to get it back up. the mustang is a better car either way

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

7/19/2011 8:56 AM

the mustang the 90s camaros look dumb imo

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

7/19/2011 10:25 AM

As much as I want to say Camaro, in this situation the Stang is the better of the two. First of all your going to be a broke as college student so v6 is the way to go. Both cars have tons of parts for them since they're 'merican so sourcing body panels or just about anything will be easy. Both have relatively low mileage especially that Camaro for being that old but that can mean two things, the owner has ran into problems so its been stored or he used it for special occasions or just for the sake of moving it. Mustangs have notoriously bad transmissions so thats something to look for. Next time you check out both cars look under the engine oil cap, its all black and oily your good, if it looks brown and chocolaty that means engine has sucked in water sometimes it might not matter but sometimes the engine blows out.

Moral of my essay both have problems but the Mustang is the better of the two

|

7/19/2011 7:47 PM

irideafly wrote:

As much as I want to say Camaro, in this situation the Stang is the better of the two. First of all your going to be a broke as college student so v6 is the way to go. Both cars have tons of parts for them since they're 'merican so sourcing body panels or just about anything will be easy. Both have relatively low mileage especially that Camaro for being that old but that can mean two things, the owner has ran into problems so its been stored or he used it for special occasions or just for the sake of moving it. Mustangs have notoriously bad transmissions so thats something to look for. Next time you check out both cars look under the engine oil cap, its all black and oily your good, if it looks brown and chocolaty that means engine has sucked in water sometimes it might not matter but sometimes the engine blows out.

Moral of my essay both have problems but the Mustang is the better of the two

Wow thanks alot dude! What would you recommend for me? I was leaning towards the mustang, but if it has a lot of transmission troubles it sounds like I'll have to put a bunch of money into it later... Bottom line, any suggestions?

|

7/19/2011 8:09 PM

never heard of mustangs having tranny problems.

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

7/19/2011 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2011 8:10 PM

i am thinking you should wait it out and keep shopping
you are gonna run into some problems with either car.

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
BSD TRAILORPARK 21.1 Almost mint FOR SALE!!!! TEXT ME
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

7/19/2011 8:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2011 8:18 PM

Different car all together? Haha. IDK. I really hate mustangs. I think they look gay as fuck and the only person I know that has like a 03 styled mustang is a douche bag. For me I don't care about about the cosmetic shit. I mean as long as it runs well and the lights work and stuff who cares about the dings and torn up seats. I would get the Camaro. Its a lot cheaper with only 6k more miles on a 12 year older car. You can put the extra grand you would of spent on the mustang to fix whatever mechanical issues it may have now or in the future.

|

7/19/2011 8:30 PM

Well my options are still open, I thought I had it pretty much narrowed down to these two but if anyone has suggestions I'll do my research and make a decision. I was looking at 2000 or 2001 Lincoln ls too. Thanks guys

|

7/19/2011 9:35 PM

if your going to get a stang get a v8 not a v6, my dad has a 97 cobra its fucking sick. v6's stangs are more for girls no affence but id just keep looking

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

7/20/2011 6:47 AM

FUCK ANY AND ALL THINGS FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



91 camaro, makes bitches wet. i got an 86 ta witha 350 engine and r700 turbo tranny, and gear to gear. HAULS BALLS.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

7/20/2011 8:25 AM

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

FUCK ANY AND ALL THINGS FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



91 camaro, makes bitches wet. i got an 86 ta witha 350 engine and r700 turbo tranny, and gear to gear. HAULS BALLS.

Haha see that's why I wanted the camaro, they're sexy as hell, but I feel like I'd be dropping a ton of money into that...and I wouldn't want to drive it in the winter because of rust, I live in Michigan, and road salt is really tough on cars

|

7/20/2011 3:54 PM

grandma owned vs. mechanic owned is a tough one. but i myself never trust a mechanic. for all you know he put in some of the cheapest parts just so it runs so he can sell it.

|

refs: irideafly, mattjmuldoon (x2), JakeSalbert, aw1234512, lirider187, ecuadevil

bike check
bike check v2
bike check v3
bike check v4
bike check v5

7/20/2011 4:05 PM

think of which car will last longer. the mustang would bc it is newer. since its your first car it probly wont last you to long. the mustnag will last longer and probobly be safer aswell

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign