Anybody else teaching their woman to ride

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2013 4:35 PM

Im tryn to teach my wife how to ride trails. I started her on a bmx track an am now tryn to push her into jumping. I tried taken the braks off her bike but she wont ride without it. She is fast an good enough to make it through the set but still wont. Any suggestions and dont right shit like leave her in the kitchen. Thanks

|

I swear the bikes not STOLEN Officer!!

11/14/2013 8:37 PM

Why take off brakes for her? Let her get used to them. Then just disconnect the cable but not the whole brake setup completely and see how she feels. Not everyone can ride brakeless.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/14/2013 11:06 PM

I thought it would help her commit to the jumps

|

11/15/2013 1:02 AM

Ill admit im not the best teacher

|

11/15/2013 1:09 AM

Let her learn at her own pace, she's also gotta have the drive to do it too. A female friend of mine used to hang out with me when I rode, one time we went to the skatepark with 3 of our other friends & 2 of them bitched out of dropping in on a 3ft quarter and she's like "oh for hell's sake" grabs my bike, and drops in perfectly. I was proud haha. She then almost fell cause she realized the bike didn't have brakes. She had the drive to actually learn and I taught her how to bunnyhop. It's all about if they have the actual drive, I've seen girls who think it's cool so they wanna try it, but it hurts too much to try so they give up. Make sure she's having fun is what I'm trying to say haha she'll get there, try some smaller jumps and ease up to bigger ones

|

11/15/2013 6:27 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Let her learn at her own pace, she's also gotta have the drive to do it too. A female friend of mine used to hang out with me when I rode, one time we went to the skatepark with 3 of our other friends & 2 of them bitched out of dropping in on a 3ft quarter and she's like "oh for hell's sake" grabs my bike, and drops in perfectly. I was proud haha. She then almost fell cause she realized the bike didn't have brakes. She had the drive to actually learn and I taught her how to bunnyhop. It's all about if they have the actual drive, I've seen girls who think it's cool so they wanna try it, but it hurts too much to try so they give up. Make sure she's having fun is what I'm trying to say haha she'll get there, try some smaller jumps and ease up to bigger ones

This 100%. I'm teaching my wife to ride as well. We're working on hops still, she can get off the ground, but we're working on form and height now. She thinks she should be on a pro level already, haha. She's ready to get back on the bike after having the baby, but were gonna take that slow since she had a c section. Definitely keep the brakes on your wife's bike. I would never send her off in the car with no brakes to get her to commit more to ending traffic jams, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/15/2013 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2013 12:19 PM

You are an idiot for taking her brakes off.

Seriously.

Let her learn at her own pace.

If she wants brakes, let her run them. Brakes are awesome anyways.

The way you did that for her makes me wonder if you control every aspect of her life, and if you do, that's weak sauce.

If you were learning to jump a dirt bike would you want the brakes taken off? That's what it feels like to her.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura