Anyone Else?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/15/2014 7:44 PM

Does anyone else pretty much hate college/school in general?

I just really always hated school, from the first day of preschool when the lady yelled at me for something stupid, to when i was in real public school and to now when i am in college.

I will start off telling you all a story. My first day in kindergarten we had our first assignment. The lady gave us this piece of paper with a dinosaur on it, and told use to color the spots on the dinosaur pink. I thought, "well thats dumb, im gonna color this better" so i colored it and it looked way better than the other ones that all looked the same. MIne had blue and green and yellow and it honestly looked pretty sweet. Our papers were returned and mine had an F on it. That was the moment i realized, "Shit, i don't think i'm cut out for this."

School has been a mixture of good and bad. With lets say 2% good and the other 98% being pretty much terrible. Its nothing i liked really and the entire system is flawed and corrupt. Its all about money, requirements, and so many ridiculous standards. I didnt do badly in school, i was a decent B student, mainly because i find homework to be retarded and pointless. If you don't get it in the classroom, you probably wont do well on the HW. I just never bothered.

Well i think it is time for a change. Does anyone else believe the entire education system should be changed and re-vamped? It's bullshit and so many people know, but NOTHING is done. We have the power as a people to make it better, but no one does anything.

What can we do? Has anyone else had an equally shitty experience? Does anyone else think they would have done better being homeschooled or living without school entirely?

Should high school be optional?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/15/2014 7:53 PM

high school is optional in the US
for example, in CA you can take the CAHSEE or CHESPE or something and that allows you to leave high school early

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/15/2014 8:10 PM

I'm homeschooled! It has it's pros and cons. Cons being less oportunity to make friends, not getting done with school at a set time in the day, having to deal with judggment from people because "homeschoolers r weird". Pros being getting to have way more control over what you learn and when you learn it, not having to deal with as many stupid people, sleeping in is a great one, having way more freedom in general. Although sometimes parents homeschool their kids but never teach them anything and they become charles blood (lol jk)

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/16/2014 2:55 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

high school is optional in the US
for example, in CA you can take the CAHSEE or CHESPE or something and that allows you to ...more

https://www.chspe.net/about/

^ It's this one to leave early. I knew about this test when I was younger as well and always told my parents to let me take it, but they wouldn't for some reason. Would've helped alot but what're you gonna do right. And the CAHSEE is the exit exam to graduate from an actual high school, but just passing that won't get you a diploma unfortunately (trust me. Lol). You would still have to complete all the credits as well, where as you wouldn't with the other one. Alot of people can't pass the exit exam, but last I heard it was only technically 8th grade level work. So in that sense, I could see why high school should be optional. I do however think that high schools should be run more like a trade school where kids are taught things that actually apply to the real world like job skills and other stuff that prepares them to be an adult. Not just alot of useless crap that never helps anyone like it's always been.

|

11/16/2014 12:36 PM

High school is not optional here. Sure, you can take your GED but people will take you for an idiot when you go apply for jobs.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/16/2014 1:12 PM

i think the goal of the system is to make well rounded people, but sometimes that isnt necessary

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/16/2014 1:46 PM

ATM, I am a sophomore with 5 a's and 2 b's. School is more about training your brain about being able to learn, rather than what you are actually learning. Nobody is ever going to use pi and other math things, but by learning it anyway, it pretty much trains our brains to be able to learn faster. I have learned more on the internet than I have in school, for better or worse.
At this point, I don't know what I want to do, but I want to be whatever I become wink

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

11/16/2014 3:03 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

ATM, I am a sophomore with 5 a's and 2 b's. School is more about training your brain about being able to learn, rather than ...more

"Nobody is ever going to use pi and other math things"

Yeah, engineers, physicists, chemists, mathematicians, math teachers, and tons more will never ever use math.

School is pretty much flawed but only a few companies realize this (Google). You just have to go through it if you really want to do what you want to do.

|

11/16/2014 3:11 PM

Here's what I don't get:
A = 100-90
B = 89-80
C = 79-70
D = 69-60
Makes sense but then there's...
F = 59-0

Kinda seems like we're being set up for failure.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

11/16/2014 3:52 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Here's what I don't get:
A = 100-90
B = 89-80
C = 79-70
D = 69-60
F = 59-0

Kinda seems ...more

not really
if you only understand 40% of the material, you aren't being set up for failure, you just arent trying

|

11/16/2014 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2014 4:24 PM

Freshman, screwed up in the first quarter. C in honors bio, C in honors english, C in wheel ceramics, C in japanese. I got 100 percent in both band classes and math. So yeah. But they don't prepare you for shit in midddle school. I don't even know how they got away with such a shitty education (LAST IN U.S. YEAHHHH). I've been busting ass to save this quarter. I was told straight up after Q1 "If you don't make your shit up and get straight A's, you're life is fucked." Other than that, I love school, I love my math teacher, she teaches it in a simplistic way, and actually cares about our grades. And the one thing here that I like that is that here, we have the #1 ranked teacher in the U.S. He also works for the CIA.

|

11/16/2014 4:41 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Freshman, screwed up in the first quarter. C in honors bio, C in honors english, C in wheel ceramics, C in japanese. I got 100 ...more

So you have the number one teacher but the worst school system in the country?

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/16/2014 5:16 PM

"we have the #1 ranked teacher in the U.S. He also works for the CIA."
yeah imma call bullshit

|

11/16/2014 8:21 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

"we have the #1 ranked teacher in the U.S. He also works for the CIA."
yeah imma call bullshit

It's like a school joke, calm yo tits, sheesh. And Nevada is ranked last or right around last for education in the U.S. It's like having one good spot in a town but nothings else.

|

11/17/2014 9:03 AM

I like knowing things. lots of things

but after 5 years in college the luster has kinda worn off.

but as far as highschool goes, take advantage of that shit. have fun outside. but get your shit done.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/18/2014 1:41 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Here's what I don't get:
A = 100-90
B = 89-80
C = 79-70
D = 69-60
F = 59-0

Kinda seems ...more

bmxsteve99 wrote:

not really
if you only understand 40% of the material, you aren't being set up for failure, you just arent trying

Most certainly not!

|

YouTube

11/19/2014 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2014 8:05 PM

I'm a freshman in hs right now...
Math-D
English-B
Geography-D
AFJROTC-A
Ag shop-A
Biology-F
School is really frustrating for me cuz my biology teacher sucks at teaching, I suck at math, and world geography is boring! I think hs should NOT be 6 hrs! It should be like 4-5 hrs! I am really ashamed of myself! I'm trying to get my grades up rn....

|

11/21/2014 8:33 AM

mantaymark wrote:

I'm a freshman in hs right now...
Math-D
English-B
Geography-D
AFJROTC-A
Ag shop-A
Biology-F
School is really frustrating for ...more

You know what dude, grades are really about obedience. You just do the work, use google to your advantage too. HW is honestly from the internet anyways. I had a LOT of trouble with my damn Biology, Geography, and my math teacher my sophomore year too.

This bitch that "taught" my fucking class is the scum of the earth. The bitch wasn't even there for like half the fucking year because she fucking overreacted about a kid throwing something at her. THEN she purposely got pregnant to be out of school for the beginning of next year. She fucking wasn't there and when she wasn't we had bullshit babysitter subs where they just sat and watched us and we sat there or slept and there was no work. Then she came back and fucking gave everyone she didnt like an F. SO almost everyone. And this bitch had some kind of deathwish because she would stare at me the whole class and make me uncomfortable. She was the worst thing ever. She fucking sent me out of the room all the time for literally nothing and everyone in school knew she hated me lol. I'll never know how the fuck i passed that class with a B.

Geography the teacher was nuts. He fucking teased the students the whole time and pretty much every girl ran out of there crying and the dudes wanted to kick his ass haha passed that class after they changed the teacher halfway through.

You can get through school dude, if i made it out with an A average, and i hated every minute of it (except for when i was having sexual encounters) you can make it out too.

|

11/21/2014 9:27 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You know what dude, grades are really about obedience. You just do the work, use google to your advantage too. HW is honestly ...more

Well at least you enjoyed your gay experiences.

|

11/21/2014 9:35 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

High school is not optional here. Sure, you can take your GED but people will take you for an idiot when you go apply for ...more

I have a GED and I haven't had any problems getting a job. Also, as the person in charge of hiring new employees where I work, whether the applicant has a GED or high school diploma is the least of my concern.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

11/21/2014 4:27 PM

I've thought about dropping out and going to this Mountaineer Challenge Academy before but my parents would never allow that to happen.

|

YouTube

11/21/2014 5:59 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Well at least you enjoyed your gay experiences.

Lol not gay.

|

11/21/2014 6:00 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

High school is not optional here. Sure, you can take your GED but people will take you for an idiot when you go apply for ...more

ticaleb wrote:

I have a GED and I haven't had any problems getting a job. Also, as the person in charge of hiring new employees where I work, ...more

Thats good to know, but sadly it isn't like that everywhere. I kinda wish i would have gotten my GED but high school wasnt hard it was just annoying.

|

11/22/2014 10:40 AM

School is pretty shitty here. I am in muy last year before college, and al you have yo do yo get good grades is study useless shit like a motherfuckler without nothing else to do. Toó bad i hate studying half of muy subjects (literature, history, philosophy).

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

11/23/2014 9:25 AM

Irish school system is alright but I don't like teachers or school.

My Junior Cert :

Irish : C
English : B
Maths : D
Spanish : B
Music : C
Religion : C
Business : D
Science : B
History : D
Geography : E

|

11/23/2014 10:24 AM

kaneBMX wrote:

My Junior Cert :

...more

What is an e grade?

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/23/2014 12:12 PM

In my district we have no Ds. it goes A B C. 69% and below is failing. Im failing english because the teacher is a bitch but whatever. i have a 65% in the class. i used to have a 52%.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/23/2014 7:19 PM

I'm a college freshman and its a love hate relationship. Hanging out with friends is fun, parties and getting fucked up are fun, and the classes aren't terrible, but holy shit art school homework is the fuckking worst, especially if you're like me and thought art school would be easy

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

11/23/2014 8:20 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

I'm a college freshman and its a love hate relationship. Hanging out with friends is fun, parties and getting fucked up are ...more

Art school? Am disappoint.

|

11/24/2014 10:59 AM

kaneBMX wrote:

My Junior Cert :

...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

What is an e grade?

Photo
|