Best first car?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2013 7:15 AM

im 15 about to turn 16 and im looking to get a good first car. im looking for something that looks half decent, easy to customize, under $5500, and with moderately cheap insurance. i was thinking a VW gti or a bmw 318ti or 325i

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Email: benignimatt@gmail.com
Xbox GT: CreeD Viibez

8/6/2013 9:49 AM

http://images.4chan.org/o/src/1363155145334.jpg

you really shouldnt get a golf, those are pretty unreliable/need to be worked on a lot. bmws are not as bad, but i would recommend a miata, a civic if you need more space, and if you need even more space, maybe a honda crv or gmc. miatas will probably have high ensurance, so overall it seems like a civic would be good for you

|

i ride for fun

8/6/2013 11:27 AM

I can get my liscence next month I'm buying a 1970 Chrysler Newport.....big ass road trip pimp car....I'm stoked

|

8/6/2013 1:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 1:06 PM

get a truck...

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

8/6/2013 7:42 PM

tito24 wrote:

get a truck...

I would say this.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/6/2013 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 7:55 PM

My first car was feckin sweet. Real roadtrip machine. I got pic

Photo

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/6/2013 8:17 PM

i was also thinking a 240sx. not sure how great of a price i could get for one

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/6/2013 9:06 PM

My first car was a Bedford CF short wheel base model, manual V6 and i love it. also bought a KIA Sportage about a month ago for $1200 just for something small also a great car and pretty quick for such a small 4wd. haven't had any problems and makes it faster up to 100 then my friends toyota celiac and mine is only a 4 cylinder 97 model hahaha

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/6/2013 10:45 PM

I like old VW GTi's and bug's and buses. Just get a cheap, reliable car it doesn't have to be fast or anything special then save up for something GOOD? lol

|

8/6/2013 11:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2013 12:02 AM

You lot in the US and Australia are lucky. If someone in the UK had a 240sx as a first car, it would cost upwards of £5000(~$7500) a year to insure. A little 1.0 Vauxhall or Peugeot or similar which most people get to start with costs around £2000 a year to insure (~£3000).

BUT...
Over here a classic or kit car costs around £800 (~$1200) a year to insure.

Also, Mustangs, Camaros etc and the like are a rare sight over here.

|

8/7/2013 6:23 AM

My first car i drove daily was a 2005 Ford Excursion. Eight passenger SUV. The first car that was mine not my parents was a 2002 Chevy Venture. Both were great road trip vehicles.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/7/2013 12:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2013 12:08 PM

my first car was a ford crown Victoria that I bought at a police auction I loved it, it had tons of trunk space and was reliable and plus it had the bull bumper thing so it looked badass haha. but I would recommend a VW or a cheap truck

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/7/2013 4:43 PM

get like a older Volvo, things are fuckin sleepers and reliable as fuck

try and get a 1995 850 t5r if you can or any r series

or a Honda as gay as it sounds

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/7/2013 4:51 PM

Or i'd get a fox body mustang 80's ones are nice and cheap. or like a 2002ish GT.

|

8/7/2013 8:45 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Or i'd get a fox body mustang 80's ones are nice and cheap. or like a 2002ish GT.

i love foxbodys but any mustang would cost a lot to insure even tho you can get a nice one for such little cost

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/7/2013 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2013 8:51 PM

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/7/2013 9:41 PM

I would get the Bmw that vw is so funny slammed idk why anyone really wants a slammed car jdm swaq or whatever can't even go over a speed bump going straight.

|

8/8/2013 2:55 PM

i drive an 05 gti, awesome car, its quick and reliable if you take care of it
my internals had a manufacturing defect on the crank which caused my timing to jump which bent valves and pistons, other than that my car has never left me stranded, i drove it from ny to nc and back not a problem.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/11/2013 10:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 10:25 PM

Im looking at buying my first car. Needs to be fairly quick. Almost pulled the trigger on a 96 I think it was dodge shadow. Then I looked at 0-60 times and they were like 20-22 secs lmfao. I was making arrangements to go get a 2002 Civic SI hatch about a hour away & I would've had to of towed it because the brake lines & a wheel bearing were shot. He only wanted 500 $ though & it was easily worth 4- 5k if it had those two things fixed. Last year I was planning on a first car and saw a TON of thirdgen camaros in really good condition under 1k. My mom says I cant get a car till I have my license but she wont let me drive her car to get my 50hrs of driving in without being a fucking bitch. I go 26 in a 25 and she almost shits. It downshifted going like 20 and she says I floored it.I already know how to do FWD & RWD burnouts, launch a automatic, sorta launch a stick & drive stick even though im not the best at it. Im gonna set my budget to under 1k for now. I know 2 people who got cars under 1k traded for a 2-3k car & then one kept that and the other traded the 3k car for a 8k car. Fucking insane how you can trade shit if you know how. Well, ill probably kill my first car in one way or another even if its 10k anyway youve never seen me drive when no ones around haha redline for days and im not swaping it unless its worth it. Sorry for the paragraph of my life story lol I just suddenly felt like typing.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/11/2013 10:36 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Im looking at buying my first car. Needs to be fairly quick. Almost pulled the trigger on a 96 I think it was dodge shadow. Then I looked at 0-60 times and they were like 20-22 secs lmfao. I was making arrangements to go get a 2002 Civic SI hatch about a hour away & I would've had to of towed it because the brake lines & a wheel bearing were shot. He only wanted 500 $ though & it was easily worth 4- 5k if it had those two things fixed. Last year I was planning on a first car and saw a TON of thirdgen camaros in really good condition under 1k. My mom says I cant get a car till I have my license but she wont let me drive her car to get my 50hrs of driving in without being a fucking bitch. I go 26 in a 25 and she almost shits. It downshifted going like 20 and she says I floored it.I already know how to do FWD & RWD burnouts, launch a automatic, sorta launch a stick & drive stick even though im not the best at it. Im gonna set my budget to under 1k for now. I know 2 people who got cars under 1k traded for a 2-3k car & then one kept that and the other traded the 3k car for a 8k car. Fucking insane how you can trade shit if you know how. Well, ill probably kill my first car in one way or another even if its 10k anyway youve never seen me drive when no ones around haha redline for days and im not swaping it unless its worth it. Sorry for the paragraph of my life story lol I just suddenly felt like typing.

Just get a reliableish car first.. Then save for something good.

|

8/12/2013 6:41 AM

Lambo, what else would you want?

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/12/2013 6:10 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Just get a reliableish car first.. Then save for something good.

Any car can be reliable. The one brand I wont buy is ford unless its a fox body. I have the know how to make anything reliable & fix things before they break. I used to rebuild lawnmower engines for fun almost daily when I was 12-13. I got them running better than new. A car is just like a giant lawnmower especially if its carbuerted. Honestly, cars dont just stop running unless theres a reason behind it. Oh, my batterys on its way out time to buy a new one. My starter motor sounds funny/ starts funny time to check it out. Theres more to cars but if you knew how OCD I am when it comes to motors running exactly the way I want them to you would understand. Well, suspensions are a little harder to predict though.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/12/2013 11:44 PM

Get something SIMPLE haha Something made in the USA that runs and gets good gas mileage. You dont want something for a first car that is like a BMW or something, although those are nice cars, they arent for a person that is just beginning to drive and doesnt have a heavy income. They are made with expensive parts, so itll cost more to repair it. Dont go for the super quick cars, although fun, you arent ready when you begin to drive and the insurance will be nuts if it can go past 155. Look for something that is a more common color, like black, maroon, or grey. That way it is easier to find new body parts for it in case you wrap it around a tree and need a new door! haha Dont go for something super new either. If it is past 2005 itll cost a lot to fix because the parts are newer. I suppose you must do BMX so it would be good if it were either a hatchback or a truck. For me, because of where i live, i would either get a Subaru Outback, or a Chevy s10, or a Ford Ranger, or some smaller scale truck. It has really bad winters here so i need 4WD if i wanna go anywhere and all those are relatively cheap and they are quite simple to repair, Well a newer Subaru would be, but less likely to have problems anyways. And i doubt i could get a newer Subaru for the price i have haha. Its good to save a lot and have about a grand in the bank at all times so you can pay for any mishaps that it may have! For example, my dad bought a Mercury Cougar, after not listening to me, because i looked under the hood and it was awful. Plus it needed new tires and struts. He didnt listen. He ended up replacing the Engine, the Radiator, the struts, and the tires. And bearings. And the AC. I was right. haha He spent 2500 on the car, and 3000 on everything else. Yea. My dad thinks im stupid, but i really did know the car was going to shit. haha I watch a lot of car shows and i live in an area where cars and motorized vehicles is where it is at, so i know. My friend and his dad are a mechanic and they taught me a lot about cars. So try and take this advice.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/13/2013 4:35 PM

Be a man and get a truck. MURICA!!!!!!!! Photo

Bitches love my truck.

|

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:

2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "

Ride For:

42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

8/14/2013 12:31 AM

bmws are a bitch to work on and will cost a shit ton. i've heard too much bad stuff about vw. i wanted a grand marquis for a while. cheap, insurance isn't bad, 4.6 v8 that'll run kinda decent and they're nice as fuck. i got a 2003 sequoia instead because i got a great deal though. i'd recommend the sequoia if you want a suv for sure. kinda pricey though :/

|

vital's redneck

8/14/2013 12:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 1:14 AM

also i have a 89 silverado single cab 4x4 and it's fucking great. it's all rusted to shit but it works PERFECT. does everything i need it to and it's fun as fuck. i'd recommend one for sure

|

vital's redneck

8/14/2013 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 3:55 PM

I cant fucking afford insurance lol its 4000 pounds that is half a car
Also Volkswagens are reliable as fuck ,my friend has a 1990 golf gti and it runs like a dream.

|