Boxing/MMA/Karate/Wrestling etc.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2013 5:05 PM

I box and I used to take karate when I was younger but I've never wrestled! Sometimes my friends and I MMA just messing around with submissions and stuff. Does anyone else partake in these activities or activities that are similar??? I box with a few of my friends and I really like it. I am 5'6, 120 pounds so I'm not a heavy handed, knockout kinda guy but I am really good at faking opponents. I boxed last year on every Tuesday, Thursday, and some Saturdays in May and June and then I stopped after I went on vacation and didn't go back to the gym until a week or two ago! It feels good to be back! Nice to have something to keep me in shape during winter.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

12/16/2013 5:22 PM

Never boxed or taken any martial arts. Sometimes i'll try to wrestle with a friend, but i always lose because i'm to scared to hurt them. Sometimes i feel like i want to get into a real fight because then i wouldn't worry about hurting anyone.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/16/2013 5:30 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Never boxed or taken any martial arts. Sometimes i'll try to wrestle with a friend, but i always lose because i'm to scared to hurt them. Sometimes i feel like i want to get into a real fight because then i wouldn't worry about hurting anyone.

Lol I never thought I would like hitting bags, hitting people, and getting hit in the face so much but it's pretty fun. The thing with boxing for me is, you really can't LOVE it. I like it very much but, it sucks to get punched in the face! It really really sucks! I just do it because boxing keeps me in shape, it can be useful if needed in a street fight or something (I hope that never happens.), I develop friendships with my sparring partners and other people that use the gym, and it's cool to tell people that I box. tongue It's a pretty fun sport and it doesn't cost very much! At the gym that I go to, I have to pay $3 for the one hour session or $25 a month and gloves are provided, I just had to buy a mouthpiece!

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

12/16/2013 6:33 PM

I box and use to wrestle and I did kickboxing for alittle. I use to fight in this league thing that one of the local training gyms had but the trainers made me stop because I had a few concussions but it was fun as hell I still mess around fight with friends in the backyard and at school

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/17/2013 4:46 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I box and use to wrestle and I did kickboxing for alittle. I use to fight in this league thing that one of the local training gyms had but the trainers made me stop because I had a few concussions but it was fun as hell I still mess around fight with friends in the backyard and at school

That's cool man! How much do you weigh and are you a conventional or southpaw fighter? I haven't actually gotten a real fight yet, but I have been in some pretty intense sparring sessions. Haha. If my friends and I get into an arguement, we just wait until we go to boxing and then let everything out in the ring. It works!

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

12/17/2013 6:12 AM

i took karate when i was like 4

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/17/2013 1:05 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

i took karate when i was like 4

Lol I did as well. I started when I was around 4 and did it until I was 7! I quit when I was like a purple and yellow belt or something.....I really wish I would have stayed with it and became a black belt but it's whatever!

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

12/17/2013 3:42 PM

I get drunk and challenge people to irish boxing

ive also been told I get drunk and like to just headbutt people to the ground

I just fuck around and stuff.., never like formally took stuff, just kinda grew up fighting

tried stopping, almost went a year but that got stopped in august on my birthday lol

I was thinking of taking boxing and some martial arts... I mean I fought quite a few people that have taken that stuff lol but idk

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/17/2013 5:14 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

I just fuck around and stuff.., never like formally took stuff, just kinda grew up fighting

tried stopping, almost went a year but that got stopped in august on my birthday lol

I was thinking of taking boxing and some martial arts... I mean I fought quite a few people that have taken that stuff lol but idk

Lol I just got back from boxing about an hour ago! I enjoy it, it is such a great work out! One of my buddies went there for the first time and puked because he just recovered from knee surgery and he's a bit out of shape! It's a crazy workout!

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

12/17/2013 5:52 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

Stocksy wrote:

Lol I just got back from boxing about an hour ago! I enjoy it, it is such a great work out! One of my buddies went there for the first time and puked because he just recovered from knee surgery and he's a bit out of shape! It's a crazy workout!

solid, its a class at my college, I was considering taking that my last semester to fill space

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

12/17/2013 5:52 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

Stocksy wrote:

but im also retardedly unhealthy and such, so idk how well that's gunna go for me ahha

|

12/17/2013 8:49 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Stocksy wrote:

That's cool man! How much do you weigh and are you a conventional or southpaw fighter? I haven't actually gotten a real fight yet, but I have been in some pretty intense sparring sessions. Haha. If my friends and I get into an arguement, we just wait until we go to boxing and then let everything out in the ring. It works!

Im conventional i tried fighting southpaw for awhile but i needed that right hook to fuck people up hahaha, and when i was training alot i was at about 230 but ever since i stopped it dropped about 10 pounds some how.

That sounds fun i always liked sparring with friends because you always know however it ends no ones going to care your juat having fun. with me whoever lost always had to buy lunch for everyone haha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/20/2013 4:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2013 4:17 PM

I used to fight in a league... Taken many different martial arts. I am a black belt in san shou. Did muay thai for 2 years, krav maga for 3 years and judo for a year. In krav maga they taught a lot of street style stuff including knife attacks and some ground game/mma. When i fought in the league i was 145lbs and 5'11. Now im 180lbs and 6'3". Most of the time i had a huge advantage because of my reach. Loved kicking people in the head lol. It all comes useful on the street some time. Best to take a few styles and create your own freestyle form. I havnt trained in about 4 years and have a conceal carry now so if something happens on the street i can protect myself and family with my glock instead.

|

12/20/2013 6:14 PM

loclone4 wrote:

I used to fight in a league... Taken many different martial arts. I am a black belt in san shou. Did muay thai for 2 years, krav maga for 3 years and judo for a year. In krav maga they taught a lot of street style stuff including knife attacks and some ground game/mma. When i fought in the league i was 145lbs and 5'11. Now im 180lbs and 6'3". Most of the time i had a huge advantage because of my reach. Loved kicking people in the head lol. It all comes useful on the street some time. Best to take a few styles and create your own freestyle form. I havnt trained in about 4 years and have a conceal carry now so if something happens on the street i can protect myself and family with my glock instead.

that just sounds like fun in life

|

12/21/2013 1:27 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Stocksy wrote:

Lol I never thought I would like hitting bags, hitting people, and getting hit in the face so much but it's pretty fun. The thing with boxing for me is, you really can't LOVE it. I like it very much but, it sucks to get punched in the face! It really really sucks! I just do it because boxing keeps me in shape, it can be useful if needed in a street fight or something (I hope that never happens.), I develop friendships with my sparring partners and other people that use the gym, and it's cool to tell people that I box. tongue It's a pretty fun sport and it doesn't cost very much! At the gym that I go to, I have to pay $3 for the one hour session or $25 a month and gloves are provided, I just had to buy a mouthpiece!

Fuck. Thats such a good deal. Over here it's like 150$ a month for 2 days a week , equpiment not included.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/22/2013 5:16 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Fuck. Thats such a good deal. Over here it's like 150$ a month for 2 days a week , equpiment not included.

Lol I'm sure your gym is A LOT better than ours! xD The gym that I box in is pretty ghetto but it works!

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

1/11/2014 9:05 PM

Yea dude, ive been around mma my whole life causue my dads a pro (look up Brandon Hunt) right now im training with some of the best guys like victor tores, james lee, ben lagmen, darron cruickshank, and some other guys. I wrestled for the first time freshmen year ( last year) and I highly recomend it, I wasnt very good but it helps with everything else, if ur zerious about then wrestle. But if ur not serious, then dont cause its a comitment.

|

BearHunt98