Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2014 10:19 AM

I am an orthopedic surgeon - specializing in the care of broken bones -
Ask me anything - happy to explain

Photo

|

4/5/2014 10:45 AM

Did you steal my x-ray? I broke my collarbone just like that two months ago. My doctor thinks i'm retarded for biking this soon after surgery. Is he right?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/5/2014 10:48 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Did you steal my x-ray? I broke my collarbone just like that two months ago. My doctor thinks i'm retarded for biking this ...more

Was it fixed? i let my riders back to sport fast, understanding that any fall puts you at risk

|

4/5/2014 10:51 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Did you steal my x-ray? I broke my collarbone just like that two months ago. My doctor thinks i'm retarded for biking this ...more

Bonedoctor wrote:

Was it fixed? i let my riders back to sport fast, understanding that any fall puts you at risk

I got a plate with six screws put in. Last time i was there the doctor told me i could stop wearing my sling (i hadn't worn it for over a week anyway) and i could use my left arm for anything under five pounds (i had already picked up my 26 pound bike with only my left hand). I started riding again that week too.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/5/2014 10:52 AM

That was three weeks ago.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/6/2014 12:01 PM

I recently fell directly on my wrist and took some blunt trauma. I think I injured some of those small carpal bones right near the ulna. (and possibly some ligaments) bones My question is, how easy is it to break or tear something in that area? I'd imagine it wouldn't take much, but I didn't hit the ground very hard; it was mainly the odd angle that it hit. It's been a month and I've not gotten it checked out. Been braced throughout, I still have full articulation in my wist, but there's still some pain. Especially with putting weight on it.

Worst part is, i thought it was nothing when it happened(skateboarding) and I went riding after. Rode through the pain...I'm regretting acting like a badass now.. probably made it worse. fml

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/8/2014 1:09 PM

I recently got worked hitting dirt jumps. I fell very very hard on Sunday directly on my shoulder. I have been in pain ever since it happened. I went from about 4.5 feet in the air, straight to my shoulder. I can move my arm fine but there is pain. I don't think I broke my shoulder but maybe I tore or pulled a muscle in there. I am in a lot of pain when I try to lift something with my left arm. There's nothing bruised or anything on my shoulder but the pain is really annoying. I don't think my shoulder is broken though because I didn't cry when it happened and moving my shoulder doesn't cause that much pain. Should I see a doctor?

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/8/2014 1:56 PM

Stocksy wrote:

I recently got worked hitting dirt jumps. I fell very very hard on Sunday directly on my shoulder. I have been in pain ever ...more

Ya never know man, i didn't notice i broke my collarbone till a few minutes after it happened and even then it didn't really hurt.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/17/2014 8:54 AM

how do i know if ive broken my bones if i hate doctors?

i dont go to doctors.

some bones are bent/out of place now.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/17/2014 9:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2014 1:41 PM

I've heard in an interview stephen murray used to have a doctor in England who would practically weld his broken bones back together.... What's that process called and where can you get it done

|

4/18/2014 1:03 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I've heard in an interview stephen murray used to have a doctor in England who would practically weld his broken bones back ...more

I recall this, he had his collar bone done, broke it early in the week and was riding again by the weekend I think.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/18/2014 2:32 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I've heard in an interview stephen murray used to have a doctor in England who would practically weld his broken bones back ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

I recall this, he had his collar bone done, broke it early in the week and was riding again by the weekend I think.

That seems nice

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/19/2014 1:43 PM

Ya he was talking about it on cory nastazios radio show, said hed break a bone and be riding like 3 or 4 days later I think he said

|

4/20/2014 2:38 PM

I recall something about being stiff and sore but it felt functional enough to use.

Some weird laser weld thing to "weld bones"

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/23/2014 12:07 AM

eskimojay wrote:

dafuq? I aint heard of that, shit sounds nuts

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "