Camp Woodward

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2012 4:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2012 4:38 PM

i know its BMX related just didnt want to clutter up genereal
who heres ever been? it is like my dream to go, even though i would have to go by myself, travel from scotland to cali, id honestly do anything to go but knowing its like a 0.000000000001% possibility fucking sucks, so if anybody on heres been whats it like? good atmosphere or what? and do any pros actually stay in camp? so you could possibly like chill with a pro not riding and such like sleep in the same room as them or so?

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

2/22/2012 4:29 PM

You could go to WoodWard East, that wouldn't be as far. Plus I'm going there this summer :D

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

2/22/2012 4:33 PM

nah man west is my dream, and west or east?

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

2/22/2012 4:34 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

nah man west is my dream, and west or east?

I'm goin East. So you're saying if you had the opportunity to go to East you wouldn't take it?

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

2/22/2012 4:36 PM

yeah dude but what i mean is if i actually had to pay for it it would be worth saving up the extra to go to west, theres like no point anyway, id have to build a new setup over there and everything it would be thousands of pounds i can afford

|

My Bicyclemachine.

2/22/2012 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2012 4:40 PM

and your really lucky, hope you appreciate it and make the most out of it man

and just to clear it up.. i want to go to camp, but if i was to just go to the skatepark it would be west, cause camps in pennsylvania and west is in cali but dosent have a camp right?

|

My Bicyclemachine.

2/22/2012 4:47 PM

I'd go to West, being from Cali. But also knowing how fucking hot it is where it's at in the desert, maybe not. But I would go to East if I had the option just to be able to ride all the world famous spots.

|

2/22/2012 4:50 PM

-Havok- wrote:

I'd go to West, being from Cali. But also knowing how fucking hot it is where it's at in the desert, maybe not. But I would go to East if I had the option just to be able to ride all the world famous spots.

yeah, bonus is i wouldnt have to take any jackets or things so id be ok for luggage, id be in a tshirt and shorts even when its raining haha itl probably still be hot for me, hate scottish weather! agh i want to go so bad. ill probably have a dream now about some guy from woodward seeing this thread and telling me i can go they will sort everything for me and ill end up waking up in tears, american people say how much they wanna go to unit 23 and shit but no fucker will swap lives with me for a weeksad

|

My Bicyclemachine.

2/22/2012 5:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2012 5:18 PM

Lol I live about an hour away and haven't ever even been there besides picking my cousin up from cheerleading tongue
Funny thing is I'm not even interested in going, I just like being able to ride wherever. If I got offered it I'd def go, but it's nbd. The street does look hella fun to ride though.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

2/22/2012 5:15 PM

I wanna try and live there for a lil while after i move out. but i dont know how to go about arranging all that.

|

(bigddy56@gmail.com if you need anything)
REFS obiwan chromoly*_brendan*VAM999*Joe Green*louie101202*Night Light*ticaleb*phocraken*RiverSideRider*A08*andynahnah*Chuck8273*

2/22/2012 5:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2012 5:17 PM

daniel 21 wrote:

I wanna try and live there for a lil while after i move out. but i dont know how to go about arranging all that.

Move around State college, great party college and college in general, about 25 minutes away, another nice park nearby, and possibly one of the nicest towns in PA. Poopy bike shops though.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

2/22/2012 5:18 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Move around State college, great party college and college in general, about 25 minutes away, another nice park nearby, and possibly one of the nicest towns in PA. Poopy bike shops though.

Its always an option, and about the bike shops, thats what dans is for :D

|

REFS obiwan chromoly*_brendan*VAM999*Joe Green*louie101202*Night Light*ticaleb*phocraken*RiverSideRider*A08*andynahnah*Chuck8273*

2/22/2012 5:18 PM

daniel 21 wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

daniel 21 wrote:

Its always an option, and about the bike shops, thats what dans is for :D

Albes*

|

2/22/2012 5:19 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Albes*

That too

|

2/24/2012 11:06 PM

i'm going to woodward west for spring camp. which is in about a month. yeewwww

|

2/27/2012 6:06 AM

Ive been to Woodward east 3 times. I went for racing but got to ride all the parks after. Met a handful of bigger pros and met some 15 year olds who were probably better than them. Pretty good atmosphere. Every now and then you run into a dumb rich kid with an amazing bike but no skill who just talks shit.

I may be moving about 45 minutes away from Woodward if i get the job i was offered to apply for.

|

2/27/2012 10:20 AM

hate life

|

My Bicyclemachine.

3/10/2012 9:19 PM

I do work exchange at West, so i dont have to pay and get to ride for a few weeks in the summer:D Its literally the best place on earth. Both West and East are camps, however east has around four times as many campers. West is kind of in a dessert, and it is hot, but its not too bad. And Mccarthy, theres always homies from england, mexico, australia and stuff that come and shred. And yes theres tons of pros that stay there. However theres no possibility of you sleeping in the same room as them because they get special cabins. But you eat, ride, swim, and chill with them all the waking hours of the day. and u can throw chunks of foam at them whever you want.
hope this answers some questions.!

|

3/10/2012 9:28 PM

i hought east was in the mountains where the temp stayed the same? or something like that

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/12/2012 3:56 PM

bmx4orlife wrote:

i hought east was in the mountains where the temp stayed the same? or something like that

Photo
|

3/12/2012 4:21 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

I do work exchange at West, so i dont have to pay and get to ride for a few weeks in the summer:D Its literally the best place on earth. Both West and East are camps, however east has around four times as many campers. West is kind of in a dessert, and it is hot, but its not too bad. And Mccarthy, theres always homies from england, mexico, australia and stuff that come and shred. And yes theres tons of pros that stay there. However theres no possibility of you sleeping in the same room as them because they get special cabins. But you eat, ride, swim, and chill with them all the waking hours of the day. and u can throw chunks of foam at them whever you want.

thanks so much man
this is probably the best answer ive ever been given on vital, suppose i can only keep dreaming, maybe one day man, maybe one day!

|

My Bicyclemachine.

3/12/2012 4:29 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

whats that all about ? what do you have to do to get to ride for a few weeks?

|

WANTED:
-=-=-=-=-=-
gsport birdcages: black

3/12/2012 5:22 PM

It might not be like you think it is. You can't just get up and go ride, there's a schedule

|

3/12/2012 7:44 PM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

It might not be like you think it is. You can't just get up and go ride, there's a schedule

yeah but you can skip the schedule yo just have to eat and sleep at the same times... u can skip instruction...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/12/2012 7:48 PM

bmx4orlife wrote:

it's in amish land

|

3/13/2012 5:10 AM

bmx4orlife wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

it's in amish land

Yeah man you go through some serious amish towns goin there. its literally in the middle of no where.

|

3/13/2012 5:25 AM

Is anyone else going to east this summer?!

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

3/13/2012 5:38 AM

i dont plan on it, anytime ive ever gone it was fall and its so much nicer when its not 90 degrees out and humid as hell.

|

3/13/2012 5:39 AM

Bmxican406 wrote:

i dont plan on it, anytime ive ever gone it was fall and its so much nicer when its not 90 degrees out and humid as hell.

Pennsylvania is humid?

|

Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

3/13/2012 9:07 AM

bmx4orlife wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

it's in amish land

shit! my brain got ahead of my fingers! i meant to say west... i think i saw it on the camp woodward site ill go check it out...

|