Cars

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2016 3:23 PM

My main riding buddy is getting into cars , and I guess it's rubbing off . Didn't think I'd be into them but slowly I'm starting to know more about cars in general , not so much how they work ..yet . I don't even have my L yet , which I've been putting off but I'm going to get a job again soon and save up for a car . I'm into Hatchbacks right now like a Volkswagen Golf , or a Mazda 3 or Protege . Nothing crazy in terms of performance , but still . I'm thinking of saving and putting a down payment on a Civic Si when I get my full license . Not too expensive but still a nice mix of casual and some performance . Don't ever want an uncomfortable car just to make it go a bit faster .

Anyways , if anyone can add on anything about cars or general facts about anything it'll be cool to learn more and see what people like and think . Something like these are what I mentioned ;

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/18/2016 3:58 PM

get a used car. if you plan to actually drive not buy a car slamm it to the ground with retarded fuckin camber, i suggest a cheap rwd car, like an old toyota corolla, 240sx something alone those lines, better for learning driving dynamics and you dont have to worry about crazy understeer like youd get from an FF platform. you can find like a totally decent 240sx for 8 grand usually even have like v8 swaps or 2jz swaps, but i suggest looking for a clean close to stock car that what you can build a relationship with said vehicle and learn how to maintain it, great thing is parts are generally cheap and old rwd japanese cars are reliable u can also register as a classic etc so insurances will be cheaper. or even an older civic hatchback just dont be a ricer be a racer.

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/18/2016 4:08 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/18/2016 5:22 PM

90s CIvics and CRXs are the shit. Excellent drivers cars, great mileage, cheap parts. What Johnny said about 240s and Rollas is true, but just know if you get an old car, you're going to be spending a lot of time fixing it.

Bonus pic of my current work in progress/daily/tofu delivery Datsun 710 Wagon
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

6/18/2016 5:35 PM

I don't know anything about cars but that 240sx looks sick . I know more up to date cars , or starting too like the newer BRZ's and what not . I don't really want an OLD car but if I can get something decent for cheap I would . Thing is too I'm young so I don't have tons of money to be repairing cars if they shit out .

Anyone know what's the average starting mods to most general cars ? Cold air I'm pretty sure .. if someone can explain that better . My friend said something like equal chambers or something for control , I forgot the word he said exactly though .

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/18/2016 6:20 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I don't know anything about cars but that 240sx looks sick . I know more up to date cars , or starting too like the newer ...more

cold air doesnt absolutely nothing if you dont have mods to support it (built head or boost) realistically slapping a cold air intake on an engine actually decreases torque from the factory said up, but the cars i posted in pics u can get running decent shape ones starting at 4k.

so figure youre trying to drop 20K plus into a new car put 4 into an older one and 6 more and ull have unique fun car.

240's you can fit any engine you want the aftermarket is crazy for them. majority of these cars i posted the after market is strongly supported.

first mods you do is suspension, tires wheels, brakes, then when u evolved beyond the car then u add power then looks

|

6/18/2016 6:22 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

90s CIvics and CRXs are the shit. Excellent drivers cars, great mileage, cheap parts. What Johnny said about 240s and Rollas ...more

im jealous man i love those old datsuns and i love wagons, i kinda miss my 240 now.

|

6/19/2016 10:24 AM

Homie, you live in Canada... You guys only have a 15yr Import regulation vs. 25yr's in the US.

I would be looking into importing a super clean S15, JZX100/110, 96-97 180sx Type X, FD3S, EVO I-VI, any WRX/ STI from the 90's, late 90's SW20's and so much more... The newer the better! Turbo RWD/ AWD FTW! lol

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Photo
[LINK TO IMAGE]
Photo
Photo
Photo
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/19/2016 2:25 PM

damn johnny and bryan know whats up, JDM all the way.

the AE86 is my dream car or a 4-door Toyota I can drift around in.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/19/2016 4:14 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

damn johnny and bryan know whats up, JDM all the way.

the AE86 is my dream car or a 4-door Toyota I can drift around in.

facebook posted a memory photo its like 4 years ago on this day, and it shows my 240 after smashing the rear quarter panel from drifting lol.

these came in. tomorrow more stuff comes in lol building a JDM bike my bike is actually imported from japan.

Photo

|

6/19/2016 4:28 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

90s CIvics and CRXs are the shit. Excellent drivers cars, great mileage, cheap parts. What Johnny said about 240s and Rollas ...more

JonnyGanja wrote:

im jealous man i love those old datsuns and i love wagons, i kinda miss my 240 now.

I grew up around old Datsuns and the love kinda rubbed off on me. I had a 510 but it was a little bigger of a project than I could handle. Sold it and bought this, now I'm just trying to get some money together to do some serious suspension and engine work for it.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

6/19/2016 4:54 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I grew up around old Datsuns and the love kinda rubbed off on me. I had a 510 but it was a little bigger of a project than I ...more

directly across the street from me is a datsun 260z, my neighbor was an engineer for bosch, super solid mechanic so anytime i had an issue hed teach me

|

6/20/2016 8:12 PM

some of this came in today Photo

|

6/22/2016 10:38 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

some of this came in today Photo

What is that even for ? Cars ? Looks like some wack ass MTB bars ( if they aren't )

I can get cheap 240sx but they're all modded or have rust issues on the exterior , I want to find one closer to stock so I can mod it myself . I thought about a Nissan 300z too but not my favourite.

fuck is JDM ?

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/23/2016 5:42 AM

What is that even for ? Cars ? Looks like some wack ass MTB bars ( if they aren't )

I can get cheap 240sx but they're all ...more

JDM is Japanese Domestic Market

Its also another way of saying a car is authentically Japanese, for example a right hand drive 240SX (with the SR20SET) in the Japan compared to a left hand drive 240SX (with the KA24 in the US).

People also say their car is "JDM" when it has more authentic parts from Japan, ie: rare rims, body parts, an engine swap, etc...

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/23/2016 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2016 12:09 PM

I can get cheap 240sx but they're all ...more

im building a custom japanese street bike, JDM = JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET. kids with hondas say jdm but they aint jdm cuz they try to refer to it as a style but true JDM is literally if your vehicle is imported from japan not US made like all US honda's they tend to come with different motors and parts etc.

plus you live in canada why would u get a 240sx u guys can import anything like s15's, r34 skylines, jzx100 chasers all the japanese goodies

[youtube]

[/youtube]

doing something like this, its a street fighter and theyre motoX bars, protaper travis pastrana fmx bend lol not MTB
|

6/23/2016 3:57 PM

^^ Fuck that is badass Jonny! Can't wait to see it with those ProTaper bars.

Also Brayden, if you are not down to work-on/ research your own shit for hrs, day's, months and even years... Don't buy a 20+ yo Japanese car (especially a 240sx/ Silvia). Buy a nice reliable daily and then start building something fun over time and on the side.

Or just go for it and dive right in! lol

Like I mentioned earlier though... you are 100% better off importing something clean, stock and un-molested from Japan.

|

7/5/2016 2:13 AM

Do i have any rotary fans here with me as well?

support the triangle circle!

|

7/5/2016 12:52 PM

iamelvis wrote:

brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap

|

7/5/2016 3:56 PM

iamelvis wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap

Photo

|

7/8/2016 10:13 AM

Get a miata. 240s are over priced really or get a honda, v cheap car good on gas. Payments suck, you don't wan't those

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/8/2016 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2016 11:06 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Get a miata. 240s are over priced really or get a honda, v cheap car good on gas. Payments suck, you don't wan't those

got my 95 s14 240 shell for $600 just needed an engine , but i agree with a honda good learners car, aftermarket is great and cheap n easy to work on

|

7/22/2016 7:46 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

got my 95 s14 240 shell for $600 just needed an engine , but i agree with a honda good learners car, aftermarket is great and ...more

600 ain't bad for a shell. I mean who wants a pos 240 anyway. Jk i like s13s people just wan't crack prices even for shitty oness. I would get a miata

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/9/2016 2:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2016 2:20 AM

Buy a lada man
Photo

if you don't have a job.. don't sell your soul for an expensive toy car. buy something affordable, and slow car fast it.
Slow car fast > fast car slow

My first car cost me $500. Needed love but had a strong engine. Dumped about 500 over a span of a year while driving it junkyard finding parts and shoving them in. Still have it sitting in my driveway today, fun as shit to drive since the day I got it.

Fast car fast is not exactly pro-choice for a teenagers first car lol. Slow car fast and hone your driving skills. 2 Cars ago I had a 5 speed very lightly modded '99 Corolla (I've owned 3 corolla's) and I could beat my buddies WRX on a windy road or dirt backroads just because I practiced driving more. Same with bikes, they don't make the rider.

Hondas are generic as hell. For a reason albeit. I'd get something semi obscure, ready for a canadian winter, and CHEAP. Idk about Canada but here you can get a car like this http://york.craigslist.org/ctd/5758793495.html for $1,100 if you dig enough. That's from a dealer too. Not a sick ass first car for a teenager but it's 5 speed so fuck it. Any manual is fun to drive really. Not every automatic is though. If you study and dig you can get yourself a proper whip. Spend that initial sum on something as reliable and practical as possible with as much fun factor you can squeeze in and look at it as a platform to build on. Or just have a good ass time and drive it into the fucking ground fixing as little as possible while you save for a proper racecar.

Something 90's/early 2000's, 4/6 cyl, fwd, and with a 5 speed. 90's cars are fucking riots. Not death hitting corners fast usually, cheap to fix or turn into junkyard dogs, and never too fast.. but they always feel faster. I have a '93 pontiac convertible and just was driving a 2009 corolla. The corolla was so much more contained even at high speeds, where the pontiac... you fucking know when you're going 80, and it's eager to do so. Just get a slow cheap to maintain econobox with a 5 speed and you'll have plenty of fun. The feeling that it's paid off and if you fuck shit up on it you aren't out a huge chunk of cash will make up for the 50 less hp lol. In the US you can get a 90's econobox with under 100k miles for $2,500 or less, or even a nice early 2000s car. I prefer 90's domestic cars because junkyards are loaded with parts and they're easy to install, whereas newer cars you need more to do less in my experiences. Wrenching is also fun and a learning experience. May not be the coolest in the High School parking lot but fuck the police man. I drove a beater with a torn up soft top to school all winter in 2013, fuck the police and the kids with rich parents in the brand new BMW suv's.. I could do burnouts AND rip shitties without my parents yelling at me.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/9/2016 2:22 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

miata + canada = lol

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/9/2016 2:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2016 2:41 AM

I found some on Toronto's CL just for examples.

The fucking pulsar looks insanely fun and I'm mad we don't have those here, only FWD ones. Check for rust under the body always. you live in Canada. Thes're mostly 5 speed manuals.

Chevy Aveo hatch

Ford Focus ZX3 Hatch my girlfriend has one with like 185k still running very strong, surprisingly cool little cars. put money it could easily outrun that years civic. They want it

96 Saab 900 S Turbo Going to be the hardest to maintain but people will be like "what's that?" a lot. Especially bitches, then you say "It's a saaaaaaaab." then they say "it fast?" then you say "yeah... it's got the turbo..wanna ride?" and you go through a personality crysis and realize woman won't fill the everlasting hole in your heart

Pulsar

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Has a lotus engine, 2ZZ. These are lowkey fast as hell and very happy to rev

Crown Vic V8 + RWD = fun. Good highway car and reliable, so heavy it won't even be all over on shitty roads

|

9/9/2016 8:59 AM

Spenlard wrote:

The fucking pulsar looks insanely fun and I'm mad we don't have those here, ...more

crown vic has same 4.6 motor as my truck you can build em to 1000+ hp they fuckin love boost, but suggest doing forged internals first haha

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=TRB-KIT-F150-9702-IC&Category_Code=

plus you can be mad low key sleeper half the time people will think youre a cop even cops, i had an 05 dodge charger police car i got at an auction i use to do 100mph past cops and they would wave haha (always have a shaved head and wore dark clothes so they just assumed)

|

9/9/2016 9:50 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

crown vic has same 4.6 motor as my truck you can build em to 1000+ hp they fuckin love boost, but suggest doing forged ...more

Lol I've debated getting a p71 interceptor honestly, gonna get an older taurus sho with the 3.0 next hahaha

|

9/9/2016 5:22 PM

Spenlard wrote:

The fucking pulsar looks insanely fun and I'm mad we don't have those here, ...more

DO NOT GET AN AVEO. They are cheap, yea, but they are pretty much rebadged Daewoo Lanos', and they are crap. I drove one for 8 years. Timing belts are known to go at 60K Miles. Mine made it to 84 before I got rid of it. They are under powered, not fast at all, tiny, AND if you live where it is under 32F in winter, you run the risk of your injectors freezing up/clogging from condensation, and having to run the car (crappily like it is misfiring or missing a cylinder) for around 20-30 mins BEFORE IT GETS WARM ENOUGH TO SHUT OFF AND START SO IT RUNS OK. Or you can push it to a spot that is heated and let them thaw.

Not worth it if you ask me.

They got 30MPG if you drive it like a grandma on a highway. I got a consistent 25 when I was driving OK. If I beat on it, 20MPG. Wind throws em around too.

The amount of crap they can fit wasn't bad though.

I would look into something like a VW golf or Focus Hatch instead.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2016 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2016 3:37 PM

Spenlard wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

DO NOT GET AN AVEO. They are cheap, yea, but they are pretty much rebadged Daewoo Lanos', and they are crap. I drove one for 8 ...more

I have a buddy with a lightly modded AVEO and he has a riot on twisty roads and has no problems. Weird you had such an experience. I'd definitely get a focus over anything though aha, super nice with awesome steering. Damn near any car gets knocked around by the wind I feel like

I've got a 300whp Pontiac sunbird heavily modded I've put no more than $2,500 in my time owning it and I only bought it for $500 in 2013 that can race anybody in my town and leave em way behind. Shit's amazing fun. So on that note, I suggest the mighty Z24 with the 3.1 v6. Torque steer for days. Also if you think airbags are a gimmick you're in luck, because it has none! Mine's a soft top and I've flipped in into a ditch, crawled out. Pushed it out of the ditch and drove it home. Then hit up a junkyard, spent 250 on body parts to fix my fucked up ones, and fixed it all myself before anyone in my family even knew back in the day. Awesome entry level cars minus the no airbags
Photo

|