Charter school

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2014 5:25 PM

I've been presented with the opportunity to go to the second best school in Nevada for free, in the same town, but am kinda eh because of some stuff. If i go there, by the time I graduate I would already have two years worth of a college education under my belt but I'd have to sacrifice some things that are pretty important to me. Like band (ie: being the drum major, the director already said he's chosen me out of my class and is ready to send me to drum major school). I might be able to work out a band thing, but I'm not completely sure. And the place is strict as fuck. Someone almost got suspended for saying something along the lines of "I'm gonna shove chopsticks up your ass." So I'm torn. Should I send in my application? Get a headstart for college and not have to waste the first two years with bullshit classes?

|

12/6/2014 5:30 PM

Stay with the school you are at
Quit band and ride more, if you really like bmx
I played trumpet for 4 years, looking back it was a waste of time, for me anyway.
Play instruments all you want, but being in a school band isn't my thing, lol

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/6/2014 5:50 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

I played trumpet for 4 years, looking back it ...more

So quit band for no reason. Smart.

|

12/6/2014 6:22 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Second thought, that school has pretty good advantages, the only part I would hate is it sounds like that place will give you TONS of homework, with the strict standards and such

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/6/2014 6:23 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

MidWestBMX wrote:

Second thought, that school has pretty good advantages, the only part I would hate is it sounds like that place will give you ...more

I'm already drowning in homework. I'm used to it.

|

12/6/2014 7:55 PM

take the opportunity

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/7/2014 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2014 11:25 AM

Drop out

No don't do that

But there's honestly not allot that I learned in high school that I need to know in the real world
, good times for partying though

|

12/7/2014 5:48 PM

don't listen to any other asshole that tells you not to. I was in a similar case. I could've graduated at 16/started college at 16, and on top of that had college credits before I even graduated highschool. and I didn't. I wish I would've. id be so much further in life and better off for it.

you don't sacrifice as much as you think in those situations, its just time budgeting. and whatnot, you could still keep your other hobbies, and bands and such, you just need to figure it out.

hands down do it. this is coming from someone who took the other path homie.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/8/2014 9:02 AM

MidWestBMX wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

So quit band for no reason. Smart.

I used to play trombone. Its a hateful instrument haha that thing was a pain. I hated marching band and the music we did and shit. Worst thing ever. It's completely pointless and the people are dicks. I quit to join choir (which at my school is way more fun) and be in plays and stuff.

Extra curricular activities are good, but try to do something with more purpose. If you really like band, stick with it, if it cuts into your time a lot and you don't like it, don't do it.

I also learned to sing real well and that'll go a lot further in life than any wind instrument (usually). haha Plus, girls tend to like when you sing to em. Makes em moist.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.