Diabetes!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2013 2:13 PM

I know i have asked before, I am actually in contact with Tom White we email each other every now & again. But i did wonder, Do you guys know any Diabetic BMXers? Do you ride with anyone who is Diabetic? I mean are any of your families Diabetic? The only reason i am asking this is I had my very first Hypo tonight! My bloody sugars went below what is healthy so i had to eat a shit ton of Jelly Babies to bring it up to a healthy level. Was a bit weird i didn't feel any different at all. I had been working on one of my bikes & did my blood sugar test before dinner & bam i am having a hypo! However i had the good news that i am so borderline type one Diabetic that within the next 8 to 12 months i could very well not have to inject insulin anymore! My blood sugars could be controlled with tablets & a proper diet! Scoooore!! Haha.

Stay Cool Guys.

|

7/10/2013 3:00 PM

Both y grand parents had diabetes. But they were dang old lol. Good to hear that you won't be needing shots all the time, that shit sounds extremely annoying. Good luck with the jelly babies!!

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

7/10/2013 4:15 PM

No one I know has diabetes and I don't either.

Cancer is very common in my family.

My 11 year old cousin died earlier in the year.

Sucks

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/10/2013 7:40 PM

I have a mountain biking friend who was diabetic.

He said XC mountain biking kept his sugar levels in check.
He also had medication.

Eat healthy and exercise. smile

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

7/11/2013 10:45 AM

My dad and granddad have it, but they have the less serious one, type 2 I think?

|

7/11/2013 11:36 AM

Yeah type two is a lot easier to control with medication (Tablets) Hopefully in a few months time i will be able to drop the Insulin injections & as i said, Eat Healthily, Take Tablets & Exercise!

|

7/11/2013 11:45 AM

Topsey wrote:

Yeah type two is a lot easier to control with medication (Tablets) Hopefully in a few months time i will be able to drop the Insulin injections & as i said, Eat Healthily, Take Tablets & Exercise!

My dad is a diabetic that's all I know, not sure what type though. And topsey how would you know if you have diabetes? I'm not that healthy but i try to ride my bike everyday and I haven't seen a doctor in years. Is there any way of knowing?

@Kane sorry about your cousin man.

|

Summer rustles my jimmies (:

7/11/2013 1:42 PM

Tiredness, Loosing weight quickly, cuts not healing or healing very slowly, peeing A LOT. Its really, really easy to test too.. If you have any of those symptoms go to your doctor, they prick your finger & get a little blood, then they put it on this little strip in a meter thingy & it measures your blood sugar. 4 to 7 is normal range. Under 4 you could have a diabetic coma & potentially die! Then over 7 it depends how high. I mean i was at 26.4 at one point & had to be hospitalized. If your Dad is Diabetic there is a higher chance you could get it, i mean my maternal grandmother was Diabetic & she died years & years before i was born but it is still in the genetics. If you have any of those symptoms get yourself checked out,

|

7/16/2013 8:46 AM

My mom had gestational diabetes (I believe that's what it's called) when she was preggers with me, so now I'm at higher risk to develop it. Just try to eat healthy and excercise. And about diabetic BMXers, Justin Simpson has diabetes

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/16/2013 6:32 PM

type 1... have been for years... it will kill me one day. im only 29 and take 5 shots a day

|

7/21/2013 4:29 PM

I hope not. I don't think my family has ever had a case of diabetes at all. I forgot how the different types are caused and affect you. My grandpa had a stroke like almost 2 years ago but that's cause he never went to the doctor and stuff and he's old. Though I do drink tons of soda whenever I can get ahold of it, I'm literally scared for my health right now because I can't stop. I might start getting cavities, osteoperosis, and diabetes. All that bad shit. I never watch my diet at all though unless I eat a ton of bacon all day and just drink soda with caffeine all day or something like that which I've done a couple of times.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke