February

Related:
Create New Tag

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/8/2015 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2015 10:17 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Two things: It was II that came out in '69, not i
Also, I don't think only old music was better. I think modern hardcore is just as good, although very different, than 80s hardcore.

sketchytravis wrote:

main difference is its probably not hardcore and actually a breakoff genre that youre talking about

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I mean I guess it isn't Black Flag anymore, but it's still what is collectively known as hardcore. Bands like Terror, Dynasty, and xLooking Forwardx (just to name a few) are certainly hardcore bands. You can see influences taken for older hardcore such as Black Flag, Gorilla Biscuits, and later in HxC history bands like Madball and H20. It's just heavier. But it's still hardcore.

totally thought you were going to refer to all the other bullshit people are calling hardcore now. seems you have a general idea of what it is lol


like these faggots calling white chapel and shit like that hardcore lolool


btw. flag is more black flag than black flag ahah

its got basically the original lineup lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/8/2015 10:21 PM

Four wrote:

Not really. I'm not even talking new rap. 90s rap wasnt much better. The whole "gangsta" rap genre is silly and does dumb kids down. 8/10 kids who listen to rap are usually annoying yolo weed swagfags who don't even speak proper English. I'm not really sure how one can defend music that glorifies murder, rape, drugs etc. And who really wants to listen to some dude's detailed sex fantasies? And obviously I'm not speaking about the whole genre but a huge amount of it is like this.

If you're talking 70's/80's rap however I agree. Grandmaster flash, Treacherous Three, Kurtis blow, Sugarhill gang, Fat boys, run dmc, Funky four plus 1 more, Beastie boys etc. Those are all awesome artists. Even newer artists like Del, Hieroglyphics, Living legends, Ra the rugged man, Jurassic five are good.

The music and idea behind hip hop isn't terrible, but what's it has turned into is. Same thing applies to metalcore, deathcore, Pop- punk, Indie etc.

... bro. 90s rap had quite the flow of conscious rappers. it was totally a glory era. not generally dumbing down. i mean, some of it yes. but lyrically quite a few rappers in the 90s tackled issues ranging from sexism, excessive violence in culture, and racism... idk

and thats because im not talking about them. im not defending them. im saying thats not the general consensus of rap. thats just the ignint shit thats not blacklisted.

and well it hasnt turned into anything. the pop culture behind it is shit. if youre only listening to the stuff spoonfed through blacklisting and buyoffs. youll develop the opinion you have

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/8/2015 10:33 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You feel really strongly about rap, and seem to really enjoy it. I never told you to not like it man.

And calling me ignorant over and over again yet again proves the main point of this thread, people are being brainwashed into thinking that rap is actually good.

If you read my past comments, this one you quoted is actually more of a continuation.

Hip Hop culture is generally lame, especially now.

Back then it was more real and people actually had gang wars and real street stories, and im sure we can all agree that the Chronic 2001 was the best album ever for rap. Not one song i hate on that one. It's clever, its nice, and catchy and always gets me pumped. But rap these days is taking another turn for the worse.

Why i compared punk is that every other music besides country, dubstep and some other ones sometimes is better than rap, especially performance wise.

I wouldn't tell you to not listen to it, if you can find a rap song that i don't already know of to prove your point, go for it.

I like Atmosphere's stuff usually, Blackalicious has some fun songs, and Eminem had some good shit too. But if you listen to some REAL psychedelic rock music, you'll know what i mean. Psychedelia is so much more intricate and so much better to listen to. Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon is the most amazing album i have ever heard that wasn't from the Beatles dude.

You sit in a dark room and listen to the entire Dark Side of the Moon without interruption and it's like you're in a different world.
THAT'S what music SHOULD do. It should raise the senses, make you feel things you haven't felt before. It should open your mind and make you feel better. It should let your mind travel.

Rap doesn't usually do that. Its incredibly shallow and GENERALLY deals with issues externally, not internally. But don't get me wrong, some rap has that. But the list can go on and on and on and on with the ones that don't.

Take it or leave it dude, i don't care if rap is your shit. Sometimes people don't like what you like and have legitimate reasons.

From an educated point of view, rap, by definition, is completely inferior to rock.

actually. youre entirely wrong. i dont listen to rap lol and im not one who really listens to it for enjoyment. im just not ignorant to the surrounding situations of it while claiming i know whats up. the difference is i actually know whats up, and im not a fan of ignorance. so im attempting to correct that.

i do not think that the mainstream rap is good. its a result of buyoffs and blacklisting. im not being manipulated or brainwashed into anything. i dont even listen to the stuff. i just know thats how the music industry works and im not ignorant to that fact.

you probably dont know actual hip hop cultures past. or what it is now lol
you probably just know stereotypical music videos. nothing of a conscious manner.

and lol back when it was real? yet again homie, youre talking about faggots like rick ross. not people as a whole.


http://youtu.be/m5vw4ajnWGA

example of conscious rap, attacking issues in the modern culture. NAS is good on that too. theres most definitely more. especially when you go abroad.

music should hit your senses. make you feel. make you think.
and youre entirely wrong yet again. your condensing 40 some years of music into stuff of the last decade or so. thats not generally lol and it really cant. itll be all "mainstream" shit thats overly publicized through payoffs and blacklisting

yet again. rap is not my shit. i dont even really like it. youre just ignorant lol

and thats cute. from a legitimate educated point of view (i literally took a sociology course on hip hop culture and music for my BA) youre ignorant as fuck. and youre making a subjective stance of an opinion and placing it as supposed fact.

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/8/2015 10:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2015 10:47 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You feel really strongly about rap, and seem to really enjoy it. I never told you to not like it man.

And calling me ignorant over and over again yet again proves the main point of this thread, people are being brainwashed into thinking that rap is actually good.

If you read my past comments, this one you quoted is actually more of a continuation.

Hip Hop culture is generally lame, especially now.

Back then it was more real and people actually had gang wars and real street stories, and im sure we can all agree that the Chronic 2001 was the best album ever for rap. Not one song i hate on that one. It's clever, its nice, and catchy and always gets me pumped. But rap these days is taking another turn for the worse.

Why i compared punk is that every other music besides country, dubstep and some other ones sometimes is better than rap, especially performance wise.

I wouldn't tell you to not listen to it, if you can find a rap song that i don't already know of to prove your point, go for it.

I like Atmosphere's stuff usually, Blackalicious has some fun songs, and Eminem had some good shit too. But if you listen to some REAL psychedelic rock music, you'll know what i mean. Psychedelia is so much more intricate and so much better to listen to. Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon is the most amazing album i have ever heard that wasn't from the Beatles dude.

You sit in a dark room and listen to the entire Dark Side of the Moon without interruption and it's like you're in a different world.
THAT'S what music SHOULD do. It should raise the senses, make you feel things you haven't felt before. It should open your mind and make you feel better. It should let your mind travel.

Rap doesn't usually do that. Its incredibly shallow and GENERALLY deals with issues externally, not internally. But don't get me wrong, some rap has that. But the list can go on and on and on and on with the ones that don't.

Take it or leave it dude, i don't care if rap is your shit. Sometimes people don't like what you like and have legitimate reasons.

From an educated point of view, rap, by definition, is completely inferior to rock.

others that invoke thought, feeling, emotion. painting pictures.

Mos Def.
Lauryn Hill
eve
queen latifah
salt n pepa
jean grae
Bahaamadia
fugees
mc lyte
NAS
immortal technique
Mzbel
foxy brown
common
Sister Souljah
Akrobatik
jay z


http://youtu.be/g1Zle34Y4Ns

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

Collin_McClenahan

Vital BMX member Collin_McClenahan
86211 Collin_McClenahan https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/86211/avatar/c50_profilepic_1439789055.jpg?1439788393 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/Collin-McClenahan,86211/all 10/20/11 1 53 2467 4 4

Posts: 2520

Joined: 10/20/2011

Location: Los Alamos, NM USA

2/9/2015 7:27 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

totally thought you were going to refer to all the other bullshit people are calling hardcore now. seems you have a general idea of what it is lol


like these faggots calling white chapel and shit like that hardcore lolool


btw. flag is more black flag than black flag ahah

its got basically the original lineup lol

I know all about Flag. And yeah most kids don't really know shit about what hardcore actually is.

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

MaximusBikes

Vital BMX member MaximusBikes
93006 MaximusBikes https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/93006/avatar/c50_IMG_2265_1373236816.jpg?1373236290 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/MaximusBikes,93006/all 04/21/12 6 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/MaximusBikes,93006/setup 243 4196 2 15 1

Posts: 4439

Joined: 4/21/2012

Location: FUCK THIS PLACE, WV USA

2/9/2015 8:31 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

actually. youre entirely wrong. i dont listen to rap lol and im not one who really listens to it for enjoyment. im just not ignorant to the surrounding situations of it while claiming i know whats up. the difference is i actually know whats up, and im not a fan of ignorance. so im attempting to correct that.

i do not think that the mainstream rap is good. its a result of buyoffs and blacklisting. im not being manipulated or brainwashed into anything. i dont even listen to the stuff. i just know thats how the music industry works and im not ignorant to that fact.

you probably dont know actual hip hop cultures past. or what it is now lol
you probably just know stereotypical music videos. nothing of a conscious manner.

and lol back when it was real? yet again homie, youre talking about faggots like rick ross. not people as a whole.


http://youtu.be/m5vw4ajnWGA

example of conscious rap, attacking issues in the modern culture. NAS is good on that too. theres most definitely more. especially when you go abroad.

music should hit your senses. make you feel. make you think.
and youre entirely wrong yet again. your condensing 40 some years of music into stuff of the last decade or so. thats not generally lol and it really cant. itll be all "mainstream" shit thats overly publicized through payoffs and blacklisting

yet again. rap is not my shit. i dont even really like it. youre just ignorant lol

and thats cute. from a legitimate educated point of view (i literally took a sociology course on hip hop culture and music for my BA) youre ignorant as fuck. and youre making a subjective stance of an opinion and placing it as supposed fact.

Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant as fuck.

There are more words to describe things dude, adjectives, use them.

My point is entirely made just from all your posts. I am not, (for the last fucking time), talking only about mainstream. And idk why you seriously think that if rap isn't even your shit.

Okay, good you took a course in college, SO DID I on ROCK MUSIC.

I clicked your link, because i was hoping that i would find something different than what i have heard before, yet again, same idea. A repetitive beat with some lyrics about the struggles. Sure, it was slightly better than some of the other bullshit i have heard.

You are actually blind to the facts of music theory, man. And that makes me sad for you. I have taken more music theory classes than you for sure, just considering how much you like to defend rap even though you don't like it. So there are my credentials for what i'm trying to tell you.

Chord structure, harmonies, chord sequences, minor and major chords, lyrical plots, distortion, actual drum beats, actual guitar riffs, the difference between a walking base line and the other kinds, the way Paul McCartney influenced the softer side of rock and John Lennon influenced the harder side. I could go on for AGES on what you are seriously missing here. My main point being that rap is not NEARLY as good as rock.. Rap is rhyming quickly to a simple beat. Rock is much more intricate and better to listen to. Just because something is simple doesn't make it any good. Look at what people have done dude, the people representing either music style are not exactly saints. Heroin, self destructive attitudes, but some people really do stand out, even today, as people did long ago.


To make my point i will start with this: (i even found a song in my itunes library by Mos Def and i haven't used itunes in AGES)

Mos Def- Sunshine


[Intro: Mos Def + (Sample)] Takes old song, raps over it with added drum beat.
(Let the sun shine)
Yeah yeah its a brand new day y'all (Let the sunshine in)
Turn me up in the top a little bit dog
Little do you know, y'all gonna hear this one (The suns shinin')
Loud and clear, bright and early
Listen.. over hypes entire song.

[Verse 1: Mos Def]
I don't hate players, I don't love the game
I'm the shot clock, way above the game claims he is better than all other rappers
To be point blank with you motherfuck the game
I got all this work on me, I ain't come for play
You can show the little shorties how you pump and fake Talks about how he doesn't like fake rappers.
But dog, Not to def, I'm not impressed
I'm not amused, I'm not confused, I'm not to dude
I'm grown man business, and I am not in school We sure do know what he isn't now (a good rapper)
Put your hand down youngin' this is not for you
On my +J.O.+ with beats by Kan-ye yo redundant, already said he didn't like the game and Kanye is part of it
My name on the marquee, your name off the payroll
Style fresh, like I'm still a day old Yet again, talking about how he is better.
And it's been like that since the day yo
On more time than a Roley, or Seiko
Step on deck, your neck do what I say so
Get up or get out, get down or lay low

[Chorus 1: Mos Def + (Sample)] more of that old song from a long time ago...
(Let the sun shine)
Standing in the shadow of a fabulous man
Brooklyn nigga I am, Black Dante (Let the sunshine in) Using "nigga" repeatedly
That nigga, that dude
Black People, Lets Move (The suns shinin')
Shout out to my man Talib Kweli, yes
We on top-a top-a, shout-a shout-a
Check it out..

[Verse 2: Mos Def + (Sample)]
Slim nigga that casts a big shadow
Cherokee red to shoot the long arrow
Got more skill, more aim, and more ammo talks about guns... not exactly eloquent here.
You can get it all from a big or small barrel
Like, hail Mary, full of grace
Niggaz come in and shoot up the place Says blacks shoot guns! Yet when they're in court they have nothing to do with this
And make you pull up your face
The deck, I'm a pull out the ace
From the jungles of the empire state
where it ain't no escape, 247, 718
And thats like every night, every day
From the place that I settle and stay
To the states, I'm collecting my pay
Blast off then I'm back to the K
Hold it down so my family straight
Represent in a family way
Pro ball not for amateur play
Been raw since the amateur stage
Before the press had the cameras raised

[Chorus 2: Mos Def + (Sample)]
(Let the sun shine)
Like a long time man of the way
You understanding me straight (Let the sunshine in)
Yes, yes, no doubt, excellence
Its what it is, what it is
And thats what it is, you see? (The suns shinin')
Ha, Fire..

[Verse 3: Mos Def]
'Cause it is deeper, sweeter, richer, crisper
Stronger reception and sharper picture
Revolve around God, and involve with niggaz Claims he is a man of God, but doesn't seem to represent that at all.
These elements I perform my scripture
And make Mos Def a classic modern figure Yet again claiming he is the best
Brooklyn it don't matter if you holler or whisper
Your coming through clan, 'cause I'm right here wit'cha The clan? Gang related activity.
Ain't gotta edit the slang, I got it, I'll get ya
Yo, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers
The lovers, the leavers, the doubters, believers
The stayers, the quitters, the bitches, the niggaz profanity over and over again, claiming terrible things.
Rebel guerrillas the ghetto civilians
Y'all 'gon feel it from the first to the millionth
It's extra, ordinary and plain
I walk a thousand paces of light ahead of the game more about the rap game. Utter BS at this point.
By the time you get where I'm standing, I'll be gone
Y'all make moves, but y'all just move on

[Outro: Mos Def + (Sample)]
(Let the sun shine)
I move in, and y'all must move on
'Cause I move to strong
And I know what my feet move for (Let the sunshine in)
Made it go without a brand new car
Made it fresh without a brand new song
And give a fuck about what brand you are (The suns shining') Brand? This song is honestly very similar to older Kanye songs
I'm concerned what type of man you are
What your principles and standards are
You understand me y'all
Be good to your family y'all
No matter where your families are
'Cause everybody needs family y'all
Raise a hand, you understand me y'all
Everybody needs family y'all Ya'll X1000 because i cant think of a better rhyme to mix with "Ya'll"
Be good to your families dog
Understand, no matter where your families are
Everybody needs family dog
Raise a hand, you understand me pa
Thats what it is...thats my man
Family and my family Pencil Pete
My man too, all our loved ones behind the walls
All of those who still in the struggle
Masada Malia, Son Dial la, Magic Mel
(Let the sun shine)
Life is real
To all the real soldiers, black people (Let the sunshine in) Family of soldiers? If they didn't start these ridiculous rivalries
We family y'all (The suns shining') stupid shit like this wouldn't happen.
Let it be bright..

What i got from this song is ridiculous. He care sooooo much about his family, but then continues to rap about the Game (which Kanye is a big part of) and uses a Kanye inspired beat. This whole song is repetitive and PRIMITIVE. Seriously it is the worst.

Okay, now i'm gonna pick a song made from within the same few years. I'll make another post. Sorry for all the scrolling everyone will have to do, but i'm getting annoyed with this idiot defending stupid shit. If you're gonna defend shit, you better stand by it instead of just calling me stupid.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

OneGuyIlluminatiEye

Vital BMX member OneGuyIlluminatiEye
108874 OneGuyIlluminatiEye https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/108874/avatar/c50_IMAG0639_1384480739.jpg?1384480607 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/OneGuyIlluminatiEye,108874/all 11/14/13 3 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/OneGuyIlluminatiEye,108874/setup 163 1583 6 4

Posts: 1746

Joined: 11/14/2013

Location: Akron, OH USA

2/9/2015 8:50 AM

this thread is still alive

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

MaximusBikes

Vital BMX member MaximusBikes
93006 MaximusBikes https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/93006/avatar/c50_IMG_2265_1373236816.jpg?1373236290 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/MaximusBikes,93006/all 04/21/12 6 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/MaximusBikes,93006/setup 243 4196 2 15 1

Posts: 4439

Joined: 4/21/2012

Location: FUCK THIS PLACE, WV USA

2/9/2015 8:54 AM

Okay now for part two. That song by Mos Def was actually made in 2004 (or atleast put out.)

So i'm gonna take (one of my favorites actually) from 2005 (that's when it was released but they made this IN COLLEGE while Mos Def didn't even go.) And there are so many things and levels to this song that you really should try to understand. MGMT is a modern psychedelic band now and have been around since the turn of the century. They make a lot of beautiful and amazing music, and the title of this song is actually kind of tongue in cheek humor, it's called: Indie Rokkers as a joke because they're making fun of the way they started out, making and trying to release music without having a title (therefore 'Indie' Rokkers)

Indie Rokkers- MGMT

The song begins with a crescendo in and the drum goes and guitars continue the riff.

I like the line between your belly and your thighs
The smell of your hair
The sparkle in your eyes
The smoke in your breath
The breathing hard and heavy
The back of your neck
The shine on your Chevy
The moon was so big when I drove it to the levy, girl

This song is about young intimacies that people face. The subject of this song is obviously a young teen who hasn't driven for a long time

I found blood and I saw stars They went to the place, to make love
All in the backseat of your car
And I told you it was love
But you don't wanna know the truth This lyric really hits hard. Right after a relationship, you may wonder, was it really love,
I was young and in my prime or just lust?
With my heart still filled with fear
And it goes on bleedin' The un-knowing fear of losing your virginity in such a sad way, wishing it had been different.

The clean dreams, the sexy limousine reminiscing about how much you miss the innocence of childhood.
Jason's (?) got the energy he used to be a coke fiend this lyric seems out of place, but it symbolizes how everyone has
The skinny brown arms coming round in your shirt changed in such a few years
Heart is in the right place brain is in the dirt I love this lyric. it really shows how people are today. They let ideas flow
You live life like everyone's an enemy through their heads and ignore their heart.

I found blood and I saw stars more talk of the fear of the mistake he had made.
All in the backseat of your car
And I told you it was love
But you don't wanna know the truth
I was young and in my prime
With my heart still filled with fear
And it goes on bleedin'

He talks now not about the virginity loss, but the sadness in his heart, for doing something out of lust instead of love



This song honestly is about a fear that everyone faces, how "becoming a man" isn't really that great. How all the feelings rush around inside your body when you are young, and you make bad decisions. It's nevertheless a sad song.


This is NOT MGMTs regular type of song, it's their early work. Now they make these really deeply psychedelic songs like, "I Love You Too, Death" and its incredible. Give it a listen sketchytravis. You may need to a few times just because the harmonies and chord structures are really hard, along with understanding the lyrics. You wont regret it.


So in comparison, this is obviously better, and not based on opinion. Chord structures, intricacy and the overall message of the song is better.

This song may seem "weaker" but really if you listen it's incredibly dark and has more meaning that that shallow piece of shit song by Mos Def.

If you can't think of another word to call me now, here is a dictionary for you: www.Google.com it may take you a few times, you seem a little slow. so type "definition of: (insert word you need to use)" and it may help you come up with something more interesting.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/10/2015 10:52 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I mean I guess it isn't Black Flag anymore, but it's still what is collectively known as hardcore. Bands like Terror, Dynasty, and xLooking Forwardx (just to name a few) are certainly hardcore bands. You can see influences taken for older hardcore such as Black Flag, Gorilla Biscuits, and later in HxC history bands like Madball and H20. It's just heavier. But it's still hardcore.

sketchytravis wrote:

totally thought you were going to refer to all the other bullshit people are calling hardcore now. seems you have a general idea of what it is lol


like these faggots calling white chapel and shit like that hardcore lolool


btw. flag is more black flag than black flag ahah

its got basically the original lineup lol

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I know all about Flag. And yeah most kids don't really know shit about what hardcore actually is.

theyre fucking bomb. i chilled with em after the show for a while

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/10/2015 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2015 10:58 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant as fuck.

There are more words to describe things dude, adjectives, use them.

My point is entirely made just from all your posts. I am not, (for the last fucking time), talking only about mainstream. And idk why you seriously think that if rap isn't even your shit.

Okay, good you took a course in college, SO DID I on ROCK MUSIC.

I clicked your link, because i was hoping that i would find something different than what i have heard before, yet again, same idea. A repetitive beat with some lyrics about the struggles. Sure, it was slightly better than some of the other bullshit i have heard.

You are actually blind to the facts of music theory, man. And that makes me sad for you. I have taken more music theory classes than you for sure, just considering how much you like to defend rap even though you don't like it. So there are my credentials for what i'm trying to tell you.

Chord structure, harmonies, chord sequences, minor and major chords, lyrical plots, distortion, actual drum beats, actual guitar riffs, the difference between a walking base line and the other kinds, the way Paul McCartney influenced the softer side of rock and John Lennon influenced the harder side. I could go on for AGES on what you are seriously missing here. My main point being that rap is not NEARLY as good as rock.. Rap is rhyming quickly to a simple beat. Rock is much more intricate and better to listen to. Just because something is simple doesn't make it any good. Look at what people have done dude, the people representing either music style are not exactly saints. Heroin, self destructive attitudes, but some people really do stand out, even today, as people did long ago.


To make my point i will start with this: (i even found a song in my itunes library by Mos Def and i haven't used itunes in AGES)

Mos Def- Sunshine


[Intro: Mos Def + (Sample)] Takes old song, raps over it with added drum beat.
(Let the sun shine)
Yeah yeah its a brand new day y'all (Let the sunshine in)
Turn me up in the top a little bit dog
Little do you know, y'all gonna hear this one (The suns shinin')
Loud and clear, bright and early
Listen.. over hypes entire song.

[Verse 1: Mos Def]
I don't hate players, I don't love the game
I'm the shot clock, way above the game claims he is better than all other rappers
To be point blank with you motherfuck the game
I got all this work on me, I ain't come for play
You can show the little shorties how you pump and fake Talks about how he doesn't like fake rappers.
But dog, Not to def, I'm not impressed
I'm not amused, I'm not confused, I'm not to dude
I'm grown man business, and I am not in school We sure do know what he isn't now (a good rapper)
Put your hand down youngin' this is not for you
On my +J.O.+ with beats by Kan-ye yo redundant, already said he didn't like the game and Kanye is part of it
My name on the marquee, your name off the payroll
Style fresh, like I'm still a day old Yet again, talking about how he is better.
And it's been like that since the day yo
On more time than a Roley, or Seiko
Step on deck, your neck do what I say so
Get up or get out, get down or lay low

[Chorus 1: Mos Def + (Sample)] more of that old song from a long time ago...
(Let the sun shine)
Standing in the shadow of a fabulous man
Brooklyn nigga I am, Black Dante (Let the sunshine in) Using "nigga" repeatedly
That nigga, that dude
Black People, Lets Move (The suns shinin')
Shout out to my man Talib Kweli, yes
We on top-a top-a, shout-a shout-a
Check it out..

[Verse 2: Mos Def + (Sample)]
Slim nigga that casts a big shadow
Cherokee red to shoot the long arrow
Got more skill, more aim, and more ammo talks about guns... not exactly eloquent here.
You can get it all from a big or small barrel
Like, hail Mary, full of grace
Niggaz come in and shoot up the place Says blacks shoot guns! Yet when they're in court they have nothing to do with this
And make you pull up your face
The deck, I'm a pull out the ace
From the jungles of the empire state
where it ain't no escape, 247, 718
And thats like every night, every day
From the place that I settle and stay
To the states, I'm collecting my pay
Blast off then I'm back to the K
Hold it down so my family straight
Represent in a family way
Pro ball not for amateur play
Been raw since the amateur stage
Before the press had the cameras raised

[Chorus 2: Mos Def + (Sample)]
(Let the sun shine)
Like a long time man of the way
You understanding me straight (Let the sunshine in)
Yes, yes, no doubt, excellence
Its what it is, what it is
And thats what it is, you see? (The suns shinin')
Ha, Fire..

[Verse 3: Mos Def]
'Cause it is deeper, sweeter, richer, crisper
Stronger reception and sharper picture
Revolve around God, and involve with niggaz Claims he is a man of God, but doesn't seem to represent that at all.
These elements I perform my scripture
And make Mos Def a classic modern figure Yet again claiming he is the best
Brooklyn it don't matter if you holler or whisper
Your coming through clan, 'cause I'm right here wit'cha The clan? Gang related activity.
Ain't gotta edit the slang, I got it, I'll get ya
Yo, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers
The lovers, the leavers, the doubters, believers
The stayers, the quitters, the bitches, the niggaz profanity over and over again, claiming terrible things.
Rebel guerrillas the ghetto civilians
Y'all 'gon feel it from the first to the millionth
It's extra, ordinary and plain
I walk a thousand paces of light ahead of the game more about the rap game. Utter BS at this point.
By the time you get where I'm standing, I'll be gone
Y'all make moves, but y'all just move on

[Outro: Mos Def + (Sample)]
(Let the sun shine)
I move in, and y'all must move on
'Cause I move to strong
And I know what my feet move for (Let the sunshine in)
Made it go without a brand new car
Made it fresh without a brand new song
And give a fuck about what brand you are (The suns shining') Brand? This song is honestly very similar to older Kanye songs
I'm concerned what type of man you are
What your principles and standards are
You understand me y'all
Be good to your family y'all
No matter where your families are
'Cause everybody needs family y'all
Raise a hand, you understand me y'all
Everybody needs family y'all Ya'll X1000 because i cant think of a better rhyme to mix with "Ya'll"
Be good to your families dog
Understand, no matter where your families are
Everybody needs family dog
Raise a hand, you understand me pa
Thats what it is...thats my man
Family and my family Pencil Pete
My man too, all our loved ones behind the walls
All of those who still in the struggle
Masada Malia, Son Dial la, Magic Mel
(Let the sun shine)
Life is real
To all the real soldiers, black people (Let the sunshine in) Family of soldiers? If they didn't start these ridiculous rivalries
We family y'all (The suns shining') stupid shit like this wouldn't happen.
Let it be bright..

What i got from this song is ridiculous. He care sooooo much about his family, but then continues to rap about the Game (which Kanye is a big part of) and uses a Kanye inspired beat. This whole song is repetitive and PRIMITIVE. Seriously it is the worst.

Okay, now i'm gonna pick a song made from within the same few years. I'll make another post. Sorry for all the scrolling everyone will have to do, but i'm getting annoyed with this idiot defending stupid shit. If you're gonna defend shit, you better stand by it instead of just calling me stupid.

"Chord structure, harmonies, chord sequences, minor and major chords, lyrical plots, distortion, actual drum beats, actual guitar riffs"

bro. those arent needed for something to be music.

jackass.

and youre taking things that are completely subjective and saying theyre facts. its cute.

and im mainly pushing for lyrical content. also. dude. you said a song. not an artist, so hop on off the high horses dick that your riding. lol (i mean, half your argument was self invalidated, by pulling outta that)

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

MaximusBikes

Vital BMX member MaximusBikes
93006 MaximusBikes https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/93006/avatar/c50_IMG_2265_1373236816.jpg?1373236290 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/MaximusBikes,93006/all 04/21/12 6 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/MaximusBikes,93006/setup 243 4196 2 15 1

Posts: 4439

Joined: 4/21/2012

Location: FUCK THIS PLACE, WV USA

2/10/2015 12:57 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

"Chord structure, harmonies, chord sequences, minor and major chords, lyrical plots, distortion, actual drum beats, actual guitar riffs"

bro. those arent needed for something to be music.

jackass.

and youre taking things that are completely subjective and saying theyre facts. its cute.

and im mainly pushing for lyrical content. also. dude. you said a song. not an artist, so hop on off the high horses dick that your riding. lol (i mean, half your argument was self invalidated, by pulling outta that)

No, you're right they aren't needed. But they sure as hell make it better to listen to you fucking idiot.

ooohhh jackass you found a new word.

And it is dumb that you can't understand real music, and for people like you, i hope you can actually have a happy life listening to garbage music.

and the gay jokes are honestly getting really old and lame, come up with some better material or just give up. You have been consistently retarded, get over yourself you moron.

I did pick a song, what are you even referring to? are you too drunk to read? There is a song there, i just put some incite onto the people that made the song to, who are more educated and better MUSICIANS than that fucker Mos Def.

I find it even more hypocritical that you don't even LIKE Rap but you keep defending the culture like it is some deep prothetic thing. Really, it's nothing but violence and hedonistic activity that do nothing but make a negative impact on people like you.

It makes me sick to know people actually listen to it. It's garbage, and one day, youll look back and see that you are the biggest moron ever. Either that or doing something stupid.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

tomdon

Vital BMX member tomdon
91070 tomdon https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/91070/avatar/c50_442481FCBF683345FAC307E0EF17B124E59D882A689BFC6EE3_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_1421888027.jpg?1421887288 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/tomdon,91070/all 02/29/12 8 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/tomdon,91070/setup 148 5590 6 1 24

Posts: 5738

Joined: 2/29/2012

Location: NY, USA

2/10/2015 1:06 PM

You guys are aware that music taste is opinion right? Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Thats why so many fucking genres exist.

I'm on the vital legit list!

blaaaaaaaaa

Vital BMX member blaaaaaaaaa
103921 blaaaaaaaaa https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/103921/avatar/c50_image_1473893474.jpg?1473893036 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/blaaaaaaaaa,103921/all 03/14/13 6 4 144 4278 5

Posts: 4422

Joined: 3/14/2013

Location: Richmond, VA USA

2/10/2015 2:55 PM

tomdon wrote:

You guys are aware that music taste is opinion right? Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Thats why so many fucking genres exist.

This. Except for the people who like lil wayne. They are just wrong.

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling
kirolling.com

MaximusBikes

Vital BMX member MaximusBikes
93006 MaximusBikes https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/93006/avatar/c50_IMG_2265_1373236816.jpg?1373236290 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/MaximusBikes,93006/all 04/21/12 6 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/MaximusBikes,93006/setup 243 4196 2 15 1

Posts: 4439

Joined: 4/21/2012

Location: FUCK THIS PLACE, WV USA

2/10/2015 8:59 PM

tomdon wrote:

You guys are aware that music taste is opinion right? Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Thats why so many fucking genres exist.

Yes, but some music has much more to it, making it better and better. Rap is so simple it is stupid.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

sundaybmxRR

Vital BMX member sundaybmxRR
8288 sundaybmxRR https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/8288/avatar/c50_15102296_10210973470117928_1569641672_o_1479535352.jpg?1479534940 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sundaybmxRR,8288/all 07/13/07 237 236 109 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sundaybmxRR,8288/setup 340 11317 1227 20 663

Posts: 11657

Joined: 7/13/2007

Location: Hanover, PA USA

Moderator

2/10/2015 11:13 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yes, but some music has much more to it, making it better and better. Rap is so simple it is stupid.

That's also your opinion though. Not all rap is the generic garbage you hear on the radio, that's where your problem lies. 99% of that rap sucks ballsack but there's A LOT of actual good artists that put so much into their music.

I'm not a huge fan of rap music but I can at least respect that there are talented artists out there even if I don't personally enjoy their music.

tomdon

Vital BMX member tomdon
91070 tomdon https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/91070/avatar/c50_442481FCBF683345FAC307E0EF17B124E59D882A689BFC6EE3_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr_1421888027.jpg?1421887288 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/tomdon,91070/all 02/29/12 8 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/tomdon,91070/setup 148 5590 6 1 24

Posts: 5738

Joined: 2/29/2012

Location: NY, USA

2/11/2015 5:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2015 5:31 AM

tomdon wrote:

You guys are aware that music taste is opinion right? Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Thats why so many fucking genres exist.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yes, but some music has much more to it, making it better and better. Rap is so simple it is stupid.

Clearly you don't understand the word opinion

I'm on the vital legit list!

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/14/2015 11:17 PM

tomdon wrote:

You guys are aware that music taste is opinion right? Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Thats why so many fucking genres exist.

i know. thats what i was saying. its all subjective. and even in his own standards theres good rap outside of the mainstream lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/14/2015 11:24 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant as fuck.

There are more words to describe things dude, adjectives, use them.

My point is entirely made just from all your posts. I am not, (for the last fucking time), talking only about mainstream. And idk why you seriously think that if rap isn't even your shit.

Okay, good you took a course in college, SO DID I on ROCK MUSIC.

I clicked your link, because i was hoping that i would find something different than what i have heard before, yet again, same idea. A repetitive beat with some lyrics about the struggles. Sure, it was slightly better than some of the other bullshit i have heard.

You are actually blind to the facts of music theory, man. And that makes me sad for you. I have taken more music theory classes than you for sure, just considering how much you like to defend rap even though you don't like it. So there are my credentials for what i'm trying to tell you.

Chord structure, harmonies, chord sequences, minor and major chords, lyrical plots, distortion, actual drum beats, actual guitar riffs, the difference between a walking base line and the other kinds, the way Paul McCartney influenced the softer side of rock and John Lennon influenced the harder side. I could go on for AGES on what you are seriously missing here. My main point being that rap is not NEARLY as good as rock.. Rap is rhyming quickly to a simple beat. Rock is much more intricate and better to listen to. Just because something is simple doesn't make it any good. Look at what people have done dude, the people representing either music style are not exactly saints. Heroin, self destructive attitudes, but some people really do stand out, even today, as people did long ago.


To make my point i will start with this: (i even found a song in my itunes library by Mos Def and i haven't used itunes in AGES)

Mos Def- Sunshine


[Intro: Mos Def + (Sample)] Takes old song, raps over it with added drum beat.
(Let the sun shine)
Yeah yeah its a brand new day y'all (Let the sunshine in)
Turn me up in the top a little bit dog
Little do you know, y'all gonna hear this one (The suns shinin')
Loud and clear, bright and early
Listen.. over hypes entire song.

[Verse 1: Mos Def]
I don't hate players, I don't love the game
I'm the shot clock, way above the game claims he is better than all other rappers
To be point blank with you motherfuck the game
I got all this work on me, I ain't come for play
You can show the little shorties how you pump and fake Talks about how he doesn't like fake rappers.
But dog, Not to def, I'm not impressed
I'm not amused, I'm not confused, I'm not to dude
I'm grown man business, and I am not in school We sure do know what he isn't now (a good rapper)
Put your hand down youngin' this is not for you
On my +J.O.+ with beats by Kan-ye yo redundant, already said he didn't like the game and Kanye is part of it
My name on the marquee, your name off the payroll
Style fresh, like I'm still a day old Yet again, talking about how he is better.
And it's been like that since the day yo
On more time than a Roley, or Seiko
Step on deck, your neck do what I say so
Get up or get out, get down or lay low

[Chorus 1: Mos Def + (Sample)] more of that old song from a long time ago...
(Let the sun shine)
Standing in the shadow of a fabulous man
Brooklyn nigga I am, Black Dante (Let the sunshine in) Using "nigga" repeatedly
That nigga, that dude
Black People, Lets Move (The suns shinin')
Shout out to my man Talib Kweli, yes
We on top-a top-a, shout-a shout-a
Check it out..

[Verse 2: Mos Def + (Sample)]
Slim nigga that casts a big shadow
Cherokee red to shoot the long arrow
Got more skill, more aim, and more ammo talks about guns... not exactly eloquent here.
You can get it all from a big or small barrel
Like, hail Mary, full of grace
Niggaz come in and shoot up the place Says blacks shoot guns! Yet when they're in court they have nothing to do with this
And make you pull up your face
The deck, I'm a pull out the ace
From the jungles of the empire state
where it ain't no escape, 247, 718
And thats like every night, every day
From the place that I settle and stay
To the states, I'm collecting my pay
Blast off then I'm back to the K
Hold it down so my family straight
Represent in a family way
Pro ball not for amateur play
Been raw since the amateur stage
Before the press had the cameras raised

[Chorus 2: Mos Def + (Sample)]
(Let the sun shine)
Like a long time man of the way
You understanding me straight (Let the sunshine in)
Yes, yes, no doubt, excellence
Its what it is, what it is
And thats what it is, you see? (The suns shinin')
Ha, Fire..

[Verse 3: Mos Def]
'Cause it is deeper, sweeter, richer, crisper
Stronger reception and sharper picture
Revolve around God, and involve with niggaz Claims he is a man of God, but doesn't seem to represent that at all.
These elements I perform my scripture
And make Mos Def a classic modern figure Yet again claiming he is the best
Brooklyn it don't matter if you holler or whisper
Your coming through clan, 'cause I'm right here wit'cha The clan? Gang related activity.
Ain't gotta edit the slang, I got it, I'll get ya
Yo, brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers
The lovers, the leavers, the doubters, believers
The stayers, the quitters, the bitches, the niggaz profanity over and over again, claiming terrible things.
Rebel guerrillas the ghetto civilians
Y'all 'gon feel it from the first to the millionth
It's extra, ordinary and plain
I walk a thousand paces of light ahead of the game more about the rap game. Utter BS at this point.
By the time you get where I'm standing, I'll be gone
Y'all make moves, but y'all just move on

[Outro: Mos Def + (Sample)]
(Let the sun shine)
I move in, and y'all must move on
'Cause I move to strong
And I know what my feet move for (Let the sunshine in)
Made it go without a brand new car
Made it fresh without a brand new song
And give a fuck about what brand you are (The suns shining') Brand? This song is honestly very similar to older Kanye songs
I'm concerned what type of man you are
What your principles and standards are
You understand me y'all
Be good to your family y'all
No matter where your families are
'Cause everybody needs family y'all
Raise a hand, you understand me y'all
Everybody needs family y'all Ya'll X1000 because i cant think of a better rhyme to mix with "Ya'll"
Be good to your families dog
Understand, no matter where your families are
Everybody needs family dog
Raise a hand, you understand me pa
Thats what it is...thats my man
Family and my family Pencil Pete
My man too, all our loved ones behind the walls
All of those who still in the struggle
Masada Malia, Son Dial la, Magic Mel
(Let the sun shine)
Life is real
To all the real soldiers, black people (Let the sunshine in) Family of soldiers? If they didn't start these ridiculous rivalries
We family y'all (The suns shining') stupid shit like this wouldn't happen.
Let it be bright..

What i got from this song is ridiculous. He care sooooo much about his family, but then continues to rap about the Game (which Kanye is a big part of) and uses a Kanye inspired beat. This whole song is repetitive and PRIMITIVE. Seriously it is the worst.

Okay, now i'm gonna pick a song made from within the same few years. I'll make another post. Sorry for all the scrolling everyone will have to do, but i'm getting annoyed with this idiot defending stupid shit. If you're gonna defend shit, you better stand by it instead of just calling me stupid.

sketchytravis wrote:

"Chord structure, harmonies, chord sequences, minor and major chords, lyrical plots, distortion, actual drum beats, actual guitar riffs"

bro. those arent needed for something to be music.

jackass.

and youre taking things that are completely subjective and saying theyre facts. its cute.

and im mainly pushing for lyrical content. also. dude. you said a song. not an artist, so hop on off the high horses dick that your riding. lol (i mean, half your argument was self invalidated, by pulling outta that)

MaximusBikes wrote:

No, you're right they aren't needed. But they sure as hell make it better to listen to you fucking idiot.

ooohhh jackass you found a new word.

And it is dumb that you can't understand real music, and for people like you, i hope you can actually have a happy life listening to garbage music.

and the gay jokes are honestly getting really old and lame, come up with some better material or just give up. You have been consistently retarded, get over yourself you moron.

I did pick a song, what are you even referring to? are you too drunk to read? There is a song there, i just put some incite onto the people that made the song to, who are more educated and better MUSICIANS than that fucker Mos Def.

I find it even more hypocritical that you don't even LIKE Rap but you keep defending the culture like it is some deep prothetic thing. Really, it's nothing but violence and hedonistic activity that do nothing but make a negative impact on people like you.

It makes me sick to know people actually listen to it. It's garbage, and one day, youll look back and see that you are the biggest moron ever. Either that or doing something stupid.

yet again. subjective. jackass.

and i understand music. i have a fairly diverse taste. ive had my ipod go from rod stuart to british black metal lol

i dont recall any gay jokes actually.

and moron? pretty sure im more intelligent than you, even after all my brain damaging.

you told ME to pick a song. so i did. then you didnt analyze that along the lines of your criteria, and picked a different one by the same artist.

and well. theres nothing hypocritical about not being a fan of something but defending it.
im not a fan of the things some people say. but god dammit ill fight for free speech. that aint hypocritical either.
and yet again. your talking mainstream songs and such. not the music as a whole. theres plenty anti violent rap. and people like me? you know nothing of me. id say rock has had an equal negative impact if not further considering its been around longer and more popular... not to mention the further variety of negative routes of life it can inspire.

and im pretty sure ive already said i dont really listen to it... so idk how you can say that i am? lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/14/2015 11:26 PM

tomdon wrote:

You guys are aware that music taste is opinion right? Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Thats why so many fucking genres exist.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yes, but some music has much more to it, making it better and better. Rap is so simple it is stupid.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That's also your opinion though. Not all rap is the generic garbage you hear on the radio, that's where your problem lies. 99% of that rap sucks ballsack but there's A LOT of actual good artists that put so much into their music.

I'm not a huge fan of rap music but I can at least respect that there are talented artists out there even if I don't personally enjoy their music.

clearly you are a major fan. and dont understand music. #sarcasm

(id go further than to say 99. id say significantly less... its just we dont see much to to backdoor buying on radio and blacklisting)

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

sketchytravis

Vital BMX member sketchytravis
70594 sketchytravis https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/users/70594/avatar/c50_132498910_1288141411.jpg?1293152590 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/all 10/26/10 7 https://www.vitalbmx.com/community/sketchytravis,70594/setup 84 4916 8 9 3

Posts: 5000

Joined: 10/26/2010

Location: NY, USA

2/14/2015 11:27 PM

tomdon wrote:

You guys are aware that music taste is opinion right? Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Thats why so many fucking genres exist.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yes, but some music has much more to it, making it better and better. Rap is so simple it is stupid.

tomdon wrote:

Clearly you don't understand the word opinion

he doesnt need to. he took a theory class a while back.

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "