Fixies

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2013 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2013 9:01 PM

Anyone ride one? Im gonna be commuting on one for a few months so it gonna be a cheap 150 $ one with a flipflop hub since parts are cheaper than anything and then I wont have to worry so much about it getting stolen. I also dont know what chain length or gear ratios or anything like that.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

12/14/2013 9:58 PM

Ive got a fixed gear i use to commute its fun.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/16/2013 7:54 AM

I had a single speed because fixies are bad for your knees. (Braking more specifically).

It was a good time.

Chain legnth, who cares, as long as it is snug. Gear ratios, depends on what you want to do. Fixies typically are a harder ratio for more speed, but that means slower acceleartion.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/17/2013 3:16 PM

I don't ride anything besides muh bmx, and I haven't rode that in a while either

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/24/2013 10:25 PM

I got a lime green and black Trayl Fixie. They are pretty good for commuting as long as the wind isn't directly in your face.

|

Take it Sleazy

12/24/2013 11:18 PM

Rode a fixie. Hated it. Had the wind pushing me and had to bail to a ditch.

|

12/24/2013 11:59 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

this is fantastic

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/26/2013 11:50 AM

ive always been wondering how do you stop with a fixie if you are going downhill with a really high speed?

|

12/26/2013 12:09 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

lol been there done that

|

Take it Sleazy

12/26/2013 12:12 PM

kisame2660 wrote:

ive always been wondering how do you stop with a fixie if you are going downhill with a really high speed?

Some people like to have clip in shoes and hop stop the bike until they slow down. If you are a hardcore fixie rider they usually don't have brakes so they stop that way. I personally have a front brake on mine cuz I don't feel like eating someone's car if they pull out in front of me.

|

Take it Sleazy

12/26/2013 12:30 PM

I like flip flop hubs And real brakes.....

|

12/30/2013 8:48 PM

I ride coaster with no brakes lol on a fgfsPhoto

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music