Friend on a bike vs car... the car won.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2013 10:35 PM

So we had a good day at the skate park, I came back out after going home to shit quick & call my friends Pettis (we call him by his last name) & Nate to meet me at the bench at rite aid where I was, they're like okay give us a few.. bout 15 minutes later they said they're on their way, and only a few minutes later Nate calls me freaking out going "dude omg dude come to the loading dock NOW and hurry, haul ass!" I'm like what why? he's like no time to explain, just hurry. I was like okay thinking they were in trouble & needed help and hauled ass there.. I get there and Pettis is laying in the middle of the street with people standing around him.. I'm like oh myyy god. I get closer and his bike is FUCKED! I'll post pics in a few, but his sprocket was bent in multiple places, right fork leg was dented, frame looked to have taken the worst of it. back end was bent so bad from a few inches from the head tube back & twisted too.

I ask Nate what happened and he said they were both riding down the alley & saw car lights coming, Pettis thought he could beat the car so he went for it and instead of stopping (HE HAD BRAKES!) he went and got slammed by a Jeep Cherokee I believe. The dent/bend/twist in the frame was caused by his leg being crushed in between the frame & the vehicle. Moments later cops arrived, firetruck arrived, ambulance arrived.. whole street was lit up. It was fuckin nuts.

Pretty worried about the dude, we ride a lot & he's pretty chill. He got taken to a hospital a town over & has to stay the night and I have no way of contacting him so idk the extent of his injuries but I'd imagine his knee is pretty fucked up. Keep him & his leg in your thoughts Vital-bros.

TL;DR- friend got slammed by a vehicle on his bike, frame crushed his leg between it & the front end of the vehicle.

His frame is a Kink curb for anyone who's gonna ask. Pics up in a few

|

10/13/2013 10:36 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
|

10/14/2013 3:36 AM

Damn man, that sucks. Hope his injuries aren't as bad as they seem!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/14/2013 9:01 AM

Saw it on ig... His leg must be hurting pretty bad, I cant believe a bone did that to a bike...

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/14/2013 11:40 AM

Right? When I saw his bike I just assumed his back end was clipped from the car coming from the left.. Didn't know how his right leg got fucked up but didn't wanna ask, was more worried if he'd be okay at the time. Then I was told it was crushed against his leg & the car from the car coming from the right. I was like holy fuck!

|

10/14/2013 1:43 PM

Fuck that's fucked....sending good vibes his way.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/14/2013 2:07 PM

Thanks^^^

I spoke with him today, he has a bruised lung & really fucked up knee. Nothing's broken but he goes for an MRI soon so he'll let me know when he finds out & I'll let you guys know. I'll be super surprised if nothing's fucked up

|

10/14/2013 2:11 PM

Sounds rough dude

|

10/14/2013 3:47 PM

That's rotten man, I wish him a fast recovery!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/14/2013 9:48 PM

Man that sucks, hopefully his knee will heal soon, knee injuries suck ass.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/14/2013 10:25 PM

Thanks guys, I'll show him this whenever I get the chance to. It'll pump him up for sure haha.

A couple of us bikers are gonna get together & throw together some parts that he needs so he can get back to riding again when he's all healed up. We gotta see what the damage is though first, I know he needs a new frame & fork, same with a sprocket. I have a frame here that my friend didn't want anymore & is cool with giving it up, and a random sprocket too. Another friend has a pair of forks that are slightly bent, but should do the job just fine.

|

10/15/2013 7:31 AM

Speedy recovery man! Shit sucks, Detroits had a few bikers killed in the last month here. He got extremely lucky!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/15/2013 10:46 AM

ah shit. hope hes feeling better soon and hopefully will be back on the bike.

|

10/15/2013 3:56 PM

anybody getting sued or in trouble or some crap?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/15/2013 5:27 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

anybody getting sued or in trouble or some crap?

Not as far as I know

|

10/15/2013 5:44 PM

hope he heals fast.
I know the feeling last year I was riding my bike by my school and this Asian chick backed out of the parking space and went right into me I rolled over her car hahaha it hurt but was funny as hell luckily my bike didn't get hurt.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/15/2013 7:11 PM

Fuck hope he gets better.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

10/15/2013 9:16 PM

Update: From doing a bit of creeping, I understand he spent yesterday at the hospital as well since he was in so much pain & was slightly concussed, internal bruising, severe abrasions.. He came home today, and apparently NOTHING is torn or even broken in his leg. That's really good, but also really surprising considering how fucked his frame got from his leg

|

10/17/2013 11:40 AM

dam dude. that blows

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

10/18/2013 5:00 AM

Damn, we've all had some car experiences. This lady cut my friend of and he was hauling ass so he had to hop on her hood and ride off so he didn't slam into the car and go flying. (The car was stopped, she pulled out way to far at the stop sign.) He's real lucky he was running brakes. The cops and driver really could've got him for something if he didn't have brakes.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

10/21/2013 12:23 PM

That sucks, hope it is minimal damage.

Moral of the story guys, DON'T MESS WITH CARS. YOU WILL LOSE.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/29/2013 5:57 AM

i hope he sues.. those bills are gonna be shit to pay.

ANyway hope he gets better quickly and is back to riding soon! thats insane!!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

10/29/2013 10:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2013 10:30 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

.....You're truly stupid arent you? He has no grounds to sue on. it was his fault

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/29/2013 10:51 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

.....You're truly stupid arent you? He has no grounds to sue on. it was his fault

Exactly.

And if there is a helmet law for people under 18 and he is under 18 he could be ticketed for that AND inattentive riding or failure to yield the right of way or jaywalking.

Rider's fault for being stupid.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/29/2013 12:20 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Exactly.

And if there is a helmet law for people under 18 and he is under 18 he could be ticketed for that AND inattentive riding or failure to yield the right of way or jaywalking.

Rider's fault for being stupid.

Correct, he did get cited for failing to stop at a stop sign (even though there wasn't a stop sign, so I guess failure to yield but an intersection like that really should have a stop sign.) and not having lights on his bike. The helmet law is only for kids 12 & under though so no worries about that

|

10/29/2013 1:07 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Correct, he did get cited for failing to stop at a stop sign (even though there wasn't a stop sign, so I guess failure to yield but an intersection like that really should have a stop sign.) and not having lights on his bike. The helmet law is only for kids 12 & under though so no worries about that

Damn... that kinda sucks though having to pay a ticket and a doctor bill >.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/29/2013 3:16 PM

good to hear theres no breaks, some shit takes forever to heal

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

10/29/2013 6:10 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

Damn... that kinda sucks though having to pay a ticket and a doctor bill >.

he shouldn't have ran that stop sign then haha. no offense to him, I mean.. I run stop signs too but ONLY if I can see both ways to make sure nothing is coming either way. the alley he came out of, you can't see out of either side

|

10/30/2013 5:27 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

im actually not stupid at all.. I just misread it.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

10/30/2013 9:57 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

im actually not stupid at all.. I just misread it.

Then for that I say...... Get fucking glasses. Naw I keed I keed

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨