Guitars

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2014 9:47 PM

Anybody wanna discuss anything? I got back into it almost a year ago and I'm catching up just fine.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/20/2014 9:58 PM

guitars make good butt plugs

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/20/2014 10:04 PM

tomdon wrote:

Sometimes, I take off my whammy bar and shove it straight up my ass.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

11/20/2014 10:53 PM

tomdon wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Sometimes, I take off my whammy bar and shove it straight up my ass.

good shit

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/20/2014 11:14 PM

I taught myself a bunch of chords and shit.

didn't learn any songs.

got one for free. its in my trunk. but I live in hamburg outside of buffalo. so its under like 6 feet ofsnow.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/20/2014 11:53 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

didn't learn any songs.

got one for free. its in my trunk. but I live in hamburg ...more

That's gonna seriously kill the wood, which is the whole point of a guitar.. But hey, if it's cheap, well you know..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

11/21/2014 3:35 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

That's gonna seriously kill the wood, which is the whole point of a guitar.. But hey, if it's cheap, well you know..

Brian would know about WOOD. lol

I have an Ibanez back home. SA120-EX, nothing serious.

I'm selling it to my buddy with my almost new looking DS-1.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

11/21/2014 3:36 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

didn't learn any songs.

Have fun with your neck being a c haha.

I've been playing like 5 or 6 years now, play rock mostly in the free time, play jazz for school jazz band.

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

11/21/2014 4:11 PM

playing maybe 5 years, 1 acoustic, 1 electric, 1 classical with no strings.

Boss OD20
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Phaser

|

11/21/2014 4:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2014 4:25 PM

Main one I use is a Washburn hb35
Photo

Then I have a Mexican fender telecaster

Friend built this homemade stratocaster with 1980s strat single coils with a record cut out with a bluejay on it that says jay for a pick guard that I have

An old epiphone acoustic

An ibanez sunburst iceman bass

Amps-
One watt crate killer ant tube practice mini stack

Crate blue voodoo 120 watt tube 4 12 half stack

Peavy 1 12 bass amp

Pedals
Crybaby wah
Mxr delay
T Rex vibrato
Dan electro overdrive and metal pedals

Been getting back into playing quite a bit
Now that it's winter it's been fun

|

11/21/2014 8:40 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

didn't learn any songs.

notorious NIG wrote:

I've been playing like 5 or 6 years now, play rock mostly in the free time, play ...more

whats that mean?

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

11/22/2014 9:40 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

whats that mean?

When the wood in a guitar neck is exposed to changes in temperature. it will 'warp' or basically fuck up your wood. Your neck will probably be the shape of a c and your guitar will be unplayable

|

Bike Check

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

11/22/2014 10:06 PM

notorious NIG wrote:

I've been playing like 5 or 6 years now, play rock mostly in the free time, play ...more

sketchytravis wrote:

whats that mean?

notorious NIG wrote:

When the wood in a guitar neck is exposed to changes in temperature. it will 'warp' or basically fuck up your wood. Your neck ...more

oh gottcha. well it would have been an extremely gradual change, as I live in western ny.

and is there any way to fix it after it happens? if it did?

|

11/22/2014 10:07 PM

also. does it help if its an acoustic?

|

11/22/2014 10:17 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

oh gottcha. well it would have been an extremely gradual change, as I live in western ny.

and is there any way to fix it ...more

You'll probably be able to adjust the truss rod to fix it, not too big of a deal. Make sure you research how to do it first though

|

Bike Check

11/23/2014 12:36 AM

notorious NIG wrote:

When the wood in a guitar neck is exposed to changes in temperature. it will 'warp' or basically fuck up your wood. Your neck ...more

sketchytravis wrote:

and is there any way to fix it ...more

notorious NIG wrote:

You'll probably be able to adjust the truss rod to fix it, not too big of a deal. Make sure you research how to do it first ...more

I have tons of friends that are mad good with instruments. I suppose if it is all fuckedup they could fix it.

|

11/29/2014 1:47 AM

I love messing with pedals. When I really need to practice technique though, sometimes I'll adjust my amp to a clean setting so the distortion and any other effects don't mask small mistakes that I make. What techniques do you guys have down? For the love of god, I cannot sweep/economy pick all that well. Apart from that, I don't see anything else I can't practice every other day.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

11/29/2014 1:52 PM

Thinking about buying a fender blacktop jaguar but undecided at this point

|

12/4/2014 2:25 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Not saying Fender is crappy, but I'm pretty everyone who knows what a general electric guitar knows the Strat design. And since Squier came out, it's just somewhat made the traditional electric guitars look less, I guess? I mean, it doesn't apply to everyone; I mean, look at Yngwie Malmsteen.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

1/17/2015 9:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2015 9:41 PM

gibson.
and to prove my point, I'll let you drool over mine.
2008, gibson faded flying v, 1967 Vibrola mod, filled stop bar posts, fully copper shielded interiror, covered 496R/500T pups, EB classic rock pure nickle slinkys(regulars), pickup selector switch mounting ring(creme), (not in picture, but now has GROVER machine heads, straplocks, Schaller Roller bridge.

playing through a Marshall MG50DFX
Photo

I still need black/gold Witch hat knobs, 2v 1t to finish it, then it's just paying a luthier to put in the (AG)MOP trapizoid inlay3-22), and do binding around the neck.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

1/17/2015 10:33 PM

eskimojay wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Not saying Fender is crappy, but I'm pretty everyone who knows what a general electric guitar knows the Strat design. And ...more

Strats are pretty versatile guitars sound wise depending on pickup selection and I am in no way a fan of the strat design , I do like the look of the Jaguar guitars and the blacktop comes with dual alnico humbuckers so it's pretty much a jaguar with an sg styled pickup selection wich is what I'm into, but I'm into other things right now then throwing money away on another guitar right now so I've kinda gave up on that idea

|

1/18/2015 7:25 AM

Not gonna lie, I like myself a strat now and again. Has to have a satin neck tho, I cannot stand glossy necks. The one thing I hate about the strat, is the heal joint or the neck joint where the body is bolted to the bridge. Nearly all of them are like that, yes it works and strong, however it does limit access to the higher Frets especially if u have smaller hands, a set neck or a neck through would be far better! If not. At least contor the joint and round off that corner.

My bother problem with strat guitars probably has to be the tremolo, the lower end models are crap, and they are a pain, its only when you hit the 800ish strats you can get good hardware and wiring done...

Seriously, Leo fender built the strat on a budget, and he made some(at that time what most luthiers would call deadly mistakes) choices that have plagued the strat for years.
Single coil pickups, forgivable, yes but with florescent lighting the 60 cycle hum becomes way harsh.
The sq heel joint, I mean that goes without saying. Round that crap down. Or make it a neck through. I am fairly certain Leo invented the bolt on neck. Which works. And its nice because its replaceable. But Ehh
The prewire pickguard: okay yes my guitar a Gibson V uses one too. However the number of these Gibson makes a day is NOTHING compared to the number fender pumps out IN A WEEK given that shear volume of units. Your going to get allot more mistakes.

But ya know I just like my Gibson's more. I find they sound and look better with higher quality control. Never had a problem with mine before or after the mod. (accept for tuning stability but I mean the vibrola does that grovers fixed that)
Saying all that. Each time I go into a shop. I almost always grab a higher end strat and I just start shredding. Sooo... They did something somewhere right! Well done Leo Fender. Long live your shredding weapons of mistakes they still rock!
Last thing I gotta say is the nut. Have you taken a good look at it? Its bitty! Sure. Use bone, ivory, graphite, or brass and thats just fine and dandy, but the majority I have seen use a plastic(non graphite) nut that just brakes.

Oh and have you tried adjusting a strat for heavier gauge strings? Pain in the but only thing worse is a Jackson with. Floyd rose, which is also owned by fender now.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

1/18/2015 8:43 AM

Lol Leo Fender didn't even play guitar

|

Bike Check

1/18/2015 9:20 PM

Orville Gibson did.68 sg standard FTW.

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

1/18/2015 9:37 PM

I play bass and guitar and have no idea what half this shit you guys are talking about is. I just fucking jam and have a good time. If a guitar is good, cool. If not, it still plays...

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/19/2015 2:33 PM

I'm saving up for EMG HZ H4 pickups or whatever. They're the equivalent of those new fancy solderless EMG 81/85's. If anything, I love my Jackson JS30RR FR. The only things I really could hate about it is that it's neck heavy, which is the first worst part. When standing up, not too big of a problem if I lay my hand on the guitar, obviously. Next is where the input position is.... It's absolutely ridiculous to have it in BETWEEN the horns of the body when V guitars obviously have the input slanted and on the opposite side if you're right-handed, vice-versa. Nothing a right-angle cable can't fix, but still..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

1/19/2015 3:22 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I'm saving up for EMG HZ H4 pickups or whatever. They're the equivalent of those new fancy solderless EMG 81/85's. If ...more

you could mod it with a strat style input position it so that the cable runs in line with the V down to the strap button, you could also get some flat stainless 1/8th" and bend it, and drill it and mount it below the strat style input to act as a leg guard for your cable.
Photo

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

1/20/2015 8:28 PM

In the picture, you can see it's on the opposite side where a traditional right-handed player would obviously put the horn. Damned Jackson got bored with these models..

Photo

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

1/23/2015 5:26 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

In the picture, you can see it's on the opposite side where a traditional right-handed player would obviously put the horn. ...more

oh yeah the king V I looked at those once too and I saw that and I saw Wtf?
hg+
wjust get a strat style output jack, and a sodering gun, it'll take like 2 minutes, i would still make that leg guard tho. and I'd move the strap pin to a better spot. like the back on the fin.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

1/25/2015 9:27 PM

I'll try to take pictures, and maybe you could show me with some crappy paint drawings or something? lol Not really a big guy of having to mod guitars.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update