Hard news , I cried

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2014 10:00 PM

An 11 year old got diagnosed with Leukimia....

I was at the skatepark last summer. It was always fillled with scooters. This one kid , Damon , who we called "Hickey" because at one point he had a rash that looked like a hickey haha. This kid , had a fully custom scooter. He was pretty good , always having fun , and just smiling non-stop. I went out riding with my 2 buddies today that I haven't seen for a while , and one of them told me he got diagnosed with it. I was shocked , as I knew him and he's so young. I almost cried but we went riding to brighten up the mood. I was bothered though.

I got home , and I just started to fucking cry man. I left and went in my room and just cried. Got back out , and just started wailing again. My mom saw , and she started crying too :/ Damon is THE coolest kid you can meet. He is soooo polite , funny , and responsible for his age. If I have a kid , I want him to be just like Damon. You seriously could not understand how cool Hickey is. I just start crying , who the fuck gives an 11 year old Leukimia !!!! I'm choked....I barely knew the kid that long , but he is a really good friend and I defiantely look up to him. It's hard typing it , to be honest. I just don't understand how anyone can get it...I wish I could have gotten it instead of him. I'm trying to get information where he's staying so I can vistit him . I don't know his parents but I really like Damon , I want to see how he's doing. If I can't find him , or his parents won't let me , I want to send him a card and get him some stuff.

It's just really hard taking in that a youngster like him can get that....he's a trooper and I know he'll be fine but it's hard. I really don't get life at times....I'm sorry for the rant but I just wish I could get it instead of him ! So young. I have a heart , sorry , I needed to let this out.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/16/2014 10:39 PM

I may act like an asshole on here & in person a lot, but stuff like this is seriously messed up. Kids his age are supposed to be having fun & worrying about cooties from girls TOPS, not this shit. Hopefully he gets better asap.

|

1/16/2014 11:13 PM

If you know anything about my town fallon it's that it had a leukemia outbreak in the nineties and it has seemed to come back. One kid I knew got over it quick, but the other was my cousin, and he isn't doing all that great on chemo. I could name at leat fifteen people I know that have moved to.this town and then got leukemia. Sad shit.

|

1/17/2014 5:59 AM

my dad had leukemia. he just needs to let the doctors work and he should be fine

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/17/2014 1:16 PM

Man that's terrible. But on the bright side leukemia in young kids is supposed to be really treatable.

|

1/17/2014 2:02 PM

Yea like other people said here leukiemia (Hopefully caught early) is very treatable and the younger the kids usually the better treatment is, and more chance he has to beat it. In any case, as bad as people see my, as much as i may be hated here, in real life this made me very upset, I lost my grandmother to cancer last year, its not great stuff, but ill pray for him and hope he pulls through it. Stay Strong Damon, people out there might not know you personally but we know you can kick cancers ass!

|

1/17/2014 2:37 PM

That's terrible news .....hope he can get through that his youth is an advatage for him I imagine he has plenty of fight In him

|

1/17/2014 3:03 PM

That sucks man I hope he gets better.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

1/17/2014 3:13 PM

It always sucks to heard things like this man. Sorry about that.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/17/2014 6:38 PM

that's shitty as fuck, my aunt justgot diagnosed and its progressing fast. but the positive thing is its a very manageable type if its caught early... I have some cousins that got cured of it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/17/2014 9:04 PM

Thanks. I was just a mess for the first time in a while. I barely know him , as in him or his family but he was just the type of kid the really grows on you in a short time.

I'm getting his info. so I can hopefully go visit him. I'm going to give him 2 Ride magazines , a 2010 Fit catalogue , an Aaron Ross flick trix so he can muck with at the hospital or whatever and a ramp.

Hopefully he gets better soon. He's a trooper though. I wish I could see him at the skatepark but that will be unlikely I think :/

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short