Hurt my back. (need advice)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2014 2:02 PM

So on Sunday I tried to lift up 90 kg (my brother) on my shoulders, I picked him up the wrong way (back was bent over) and when I lifted him up I heard a crack noise (like when you crack your neck or what ever) it's been sore since then (monday was really bad)

Today it isn't really sore at all to bend over or to do daily tasks but when I ride and try to hop it's a sharp pain in my middle back, I used Deep Heat and the pain has gone down a lot but I would like to know if my back will fully recover so I can ride without pain

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/20/2014 2:08 PM

dont ride until its better
/endthread

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/20/2014 2:17 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

/endthread

any idea on how long it will take

|

8/20/2014 2:27 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

/endthread

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

any idea on how long it will take

it depends
it varies for everyone
the less you stress it, the quicker it heals

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/20/2014 2:50 PM

go to the doctor... If they try to do an adjustment you can be ready to ride that day.

|

8/20/2014 2:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2014 2:56 PM

I hurt my lower back when I was getting back into biking from the long winter and I overdid it the first day and managed to hurt my back. Made the mistake of going on a snowboard trip on the weekend, I flew off one jump, stomped the landing and heard a crack in my back. Instant pain, I couldn't even bend over to take off my bindings. It took two months (the rest of snowboard season sadly) for it to fully heal, and I could not bike at all during this time. My mistakes were not going to see the doctor, and I totally forgot about Ice since there was no bruise or anything. But what helped for me was daily back stretches, and do not do any physical that requires your back (minimal bending over). Sit up straight all the time, don't sit on soft couches for prolonged periods of times (you will feel really sore after that). I suggest giving it at least a week or two with stretches, maybe some epsom salt baths or ice baths, massages, and minimal use of your back (absolutely no bmx, but just riding is ok) and see how it feels. Once you can bend over with no pain give it an extra 3 days just to be safe and then try riding again, but take it easy.

|

8/20/2014 5:32 PM

chiropractor

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

8/20/2014 6:12 PM

If a chiropractor is out of the question or even if it is in the question, I would recommend taking hot baths and or taking hot showers and letting the water hit your back, sleep on a heating pad, use icy hot on the painful areas (not when using a heating pad), and ice it. Do everything you can to make it heal faster.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/21/2014 6:50 PM

I would go to a chiro.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/23/2014 5:15 PM

so I didn't ride all week and I tried a hop up a curb today to see if I was still in pain and it didn't hurt.

I can ride again :D

I'm still sketched out though when I hop because I don't wanna hurt my back more

|

8/23/2014 7:21 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

so I didn't ride all week and I tried a hop up a curb today to see if I was still in pain and it didn't hurt.

I'm still sketched out though when I hop because I don't wanna hurt my back more

nice to see your back feels better! Just take it easy, so your don't aggravate your back anymore

|

8/24/2014 7:06 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

sk8termatt wrote:

nice to see your back feels better! Just take it easy, so your don't aggravate your back anymore

that's what I'm doing, I'm not trying anything hard I'm just gonna ride and hop curbs and shit until my muscle memory comes back

|

8/24/2014 8:11 AM

Try taking an ice bath when you're done riding. I did it for the first time last night and I feel great today.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)