Illnesses & Ailments?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2013 1:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2013 1:02 PM

Just wondering if anyone is as broke as me? I'll start off....

Nearly 10 years ago i came off hard & smashed my shoulder up real bad. It took 2 years to get an operation! I had bone fragment removed from the shoulder socket (They had to dislocate my arm for that) & had my ACJ repaired. Well it turns out thanks to waiting so fucking long for an operation that i have nerve damage (I'll get to that in a minute) The operation to repair & make things "As good as new" was a total cock up & made things worse, when i moved to a different county in the UK i changed hospitals well the consultant surgeon looked at my X-Rays & asked who had done the operation because they took so much bone away it has de-stabilized the joint, which has resulted in my shoulder dislocating 7 times. So i have restricted movement & pretty much everything i do hurts. I am taking 30 tablets a day right now including, Tramadol, Gabapentin & Morphine! Before i was put on the Morphine i couldn't move, i didn't want to get out of bed it just sucked! An ambulance was called & the paramedics did their usual tests & my blood sugars were super high so they told me to go to my doctor the next day get on Morphine & have them do further tests. I was diagnosed with "complex regional pain syndrome" & I am on the Morphine now which is great I'm almost totally pain free, however it makes me super sleepy so i sleep a lot of the day right now. The only problem i have now that the pain is under control, i have muscle wastage where they haven't had proper movement & been used properly as it hurts to move they have become weak so i cant do shit on my bike right now! Which sucks so bad!!

Now to the next Illness... As i mentioned up thar ^ ^ My doctor did my blood sugar tests (4 times actually lol) & they were very high, 4 - 7 is the natural range well mine were in the high teens, low twenties! I was diagnosed with type two diabetes & sent home with numerous tablets. Well one morning after sleeping for nearly 20 hours, i woke up took my blood sugars & they where 26.4 which means i needed hospital treatment immediately anything over 25 is life threatening. I went to my doctor & told her that she did key tone & blood sugar tests & i was rushed into hospital. More test were done & it turns out i am actually type one diabetic & needed insulin immediately! So now i have to check my blood sugars 4 times a day, for those who don't know it involves stabbing my finger with a little needle & drawing blood putting it on a little machine & it calculates my blood sugars. If they're over 14 i have to do keytone tests if they're over 5 (which thankfully they never have been) I have to be admitted to hospital! OH the joy! So now i have to inject insulin into my belly twice a day & its been steadily increased to bring my blood sugars down, which it has been doing gradually. I have to go see my diabetes nurse in a couple of weeks to discuss changing to a different form of Insulin which will entail injecting a slow release Insulin in the morning & then a quick release every time i eat. Sounds pretty terrible BUT.. with this regime i will be able to ride again which is awesome! I will just have to top up the Insulin every time before i ride & i'll be able to go out & have a pedal around.

Whats up with you guys? haha! Broken bones, cuts & bruises, illnesses. Please share smile

|

5/22/2013 2:19 PM

Nothing. Other tha ADHD, self diagnosed OCD,& Weird Anxiety.. Also Im kind of a hypochondriac. And a headache atm.
I feel lucky.
Hope your luck turns aroundsad

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/22/2013 2:51 PM

damn that sucks hopefully your body turns around and gets healthy, I know a few people with diabetes and they have it under control

for me the only bad injury I have is I slipped a few disks in my back playing rugby so I have a pretty stiff back, and I fractured my ankle and never got it checked so I get back ankle pains every now and again, I also broke my orbital socket a few time from fights and falling, pretty much destroyed my left hand when a car fell on it when I was working on it so it always hurts and feels weird, and I have twitches haha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/22/2013 3:49 PM

my ankle is fucked up. I used to ride with the front of my foot on the pedal so when i would land my bones would like jam together and now the shit that is between the bones is wearing away and it hurts all the time
the skin on the bottom of my foot is like peeling off. I've got some fucked up infection but i hate people touching my feet so i won't go get it checked out. It's been like that for a few years. some times it'll get cuts and it'll grow then it'll get smaller.
asthma and my immune system is a joke
i broke my arm one week, broke the cast the next week then the week after that i broke 2 or 3 fingers on the same hand
i got in a small wreck a couple weeks ago and i wasn't wearing a seat belt so i flew into the seat in front of me and took all the impact on my knees, my right one was pretty swollen but i can walk and it doesn't hurt anymore.
i tripped over a guitar and the string pulled my toenail off on my big toe. i lost sooo much blood then my dad made me go to basketball practice right after i did it lol. it looks pretty nasty
the skin on my hands peel off sometimes
migraines
landed straight onto coping with my tailbone about 7 months ago and it still hurts.
probably some other shit i can't think of too lol

|

vital's redneck

5/22/2013 4:36 PM

Damn DLRBMX there was some shit in there that made me cringe haha laughing

The Diabetes is getting there, its almost under control. The shoulder however not so much! I was in hospital the day i was supposed to go to the shoulder clinic to hopefully get some answers on what can be done. I obviously missed the appointment, my mum phoned them & told them & i spoke to them the next day. They basically told me i missed my appointment id have to get referred again! Bastards! It will get there eventually! Looooooong road a head but yeah. Gotta keep on the up & up!

|

5/22/2013 4:56 PM

I had cancer(leukaemia) when I was 8.treatment was harsh and I had many side affects from it.i only came off the meds when I was 13.i am almost seventeen now. But I lost a lot of my childhood so I never played much sport.apart from that I am 100% and ride my bike with no problems.

|

Instagram: MrDannyLeo

5/22/2013 5:35 PM

I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Harsh shit, even worse when its a child! Like you said you loose your childhood in & out of hospitals & all the treatment. Horrible shit! I'm glad you're over it though dude & riding your bike!

|

5/22/2013 5:37 PM

Im short as fuck but starting to grow like .5 inch month nigga. I need to sleep 40 hours a day to be 6 foot

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

5/22/2013 5:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2013 5:46 PM

Dude..... You inspire me. How the hell do you even ride.... I feel like a pussy now

Few months ago I was trying to 180 and I cased my back tire as I was turning and slammed pretty hard on the ground. Slammed on the under part of my arm (near the elbow) and it hurt like a bitch I got up and my arm was numb thought I broke it. I had a bump for a few weeks and whenever I got near it, it would hurt like a bitch. Now that I think of it maybe I chipped a part of my bone? What do you think?

Ok so today... right now actually I was debating on whether to go ride or stay inside so I decided to stay inside and practice getting barspins in my living room (yes I try barspins in my living room). So I'm about to call it and I go for a barspin and I fell weird and it was either I take a bar to my stomach or try and avoid it. As I was coming down I hit the under part of my arm (near the elbow) again... I got badluck on that arm lol. Anywayz It hurt like a bitch I couldn't move it for a few secs then I slowly moved it.

You see here's the problem if things like that hurt I don't even want to imagine what breaking a bone feels like.... must feel 100x worse or something. Maybe I chipped a piece of my bone right now? But I would feel it moving around wouldn't I? Drop your insight guys =P?

How bad were those broken bones?

Also how would I know if my current injury is not a hairline fracture or anything?

|

5/22/2013 5:51 PM

I've broken a couple of fingers & i can tell you now dislocation is 25x worse. Getting it relocated is fucking agony! I still ride because of my love for the sport. I have worked in a few bike shops, its a passion of mine to build bikes, i build all my friends bikes! I was quite saddened the other day, i decided i would just have a little pedal around the back garden because I'm not supposed to go hell for leather until the Diabetes is sorted & over the last year & a bit of not really taken riding seriously my hops have gone from just over bar height to just above axle height that was pretty soul crushing lol! Spins & Bars are gone too, I've still got some grinds & once i know what treatment i can get for my shoulder & hopefully some serious physio to get my muscle mass back I will be shredding the shit out of the new set up!

|

5/22/2013 5:55 PM

Topsey wrote:

I've broken a couple of fingers & i can tell you now dislocation is 25x worse. Getting it relocated is fucking agony! I still ride because of my love for the sport. I have worked in a few bike shops, its a passion of mine to build bikes, i build all my friends bikes! I was quite saddened the other day, i decided i would just have a little pedal around the back garden because I'm not supposed to go hell for leather until the Diabetes is sorted & over the last year & a bit of not really taken riding seriously my hops have gone from just over bar height to just above axle height that was pretty soul crushing lol! Spins & Bars are gone too, I've still got some grinds & once i know what treatment i can get for my shoulder & hopefully some serious physio to get my muscle mass back I will be shredding the shit out of the new set up!

Well I can't imagine what anything like that feels like.... this crap sucks. I guess what sucks more is not knowing if it's just bruised or there's a hairline fracture or something..... If it is just bruised that's one of the baddest painful bruises I've ever had =P

|

5/22/2013 6:07 PM

Seriously though, go to your doctor. They'll either tell you your being a pathetic hypochondriac (Worded nicely obviously) or they will send you for X-Rays. With all my experiences if you think something might be damaged, you need to get it seen to & fixed!

|

5/22/2013 6:14 PM

Topsey wrote:

Seriously though, go to your doctor. They'll either tell you your being a pathetic hypochondriac (Worded nicely obviously) or they will send you for X-Rays. With all my experiences if you think something might be damaged, you need to get it seen to & fixed!

It's ok, it isn't that big off an area if it were broke I think it'd heal properly. Can't tell my parents I got a hairline fracture trying bar spins in their living room laughing Just wanted to see what people thought about it cause it hurt more than normal at the time it happened and it went numb. All good though

|

5/22/2013 9:17 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

It's ok, it isn't that big off an area if it were broke I think it'd heal properly. Can't tell my parents I got a hairline fracture trying bar spins in their living room laughing Just wanted to see what people thought about it cause it hurt more than normal at the time it happened and it went numb. All good though

no fuck that dude i don't think it'll heal right if you don't have a cast or anything. tell them you fell at school or something. oh and broken bones hurt like a fucking bitch if you don't go into shock. even then it hurts but your like out of it.

|

vital's redneck

5/22/2013 9:33 PM

SickDude wrote:

Im short as fuck but starting to grow like .5 inch month nigga. I need to sleep 40 hours a day to be 6 foot

Nothing wrong with being short. You'll grow eventually.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/22/2013 9:42 PM

SickDude wrote:

shit man i wish i were a couple inches taller. i really want a sport bike but i'm too short for that shit. i'm gonna start stretching and stuff to see if that'll help a tiny bit but probably not. i'm sure my growth is stunted lol

|

vital's redneck

5/22/2013 9:45 PM

Topsey wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

BLRBMX wrote:

no fuck that dude i don't think it'll heal right if you don't have a cast or anything. tell them you fell at school or something. oh and broken bones hurt like a fucking bitch if you don't go into shock. even then it hurts but your like out of it.

Fractures are supposed to hurt afterwards aren't they? It feels fine I can use my hand perfectly fine and I hope I can go riding tomorrow.... It was just a really bad fall I guess. I hit the under part of my arm on the bars (I have no cap on) so it was pure metal but I don't think that would've caused a fracture I bled a little but that's all. It's swollen but not like a baseball it's just a little bump and hurts when I touch around it just a normal bruise.

When that happened the first time I also had a bump and it felt similar although I'd say this one was more painful.

|

5/22/2013 9:49 PM

I woke up last week on Thursday to find a line of bumps on neck thinking they were just bug bites. Then came Saturday when I woke up and found the very top ump had spread to about 16 spots, all really small though, not nasty-looking at all whatsoever. I called a nurse at my local hospital and they said I probably had heat rash from sweating way too much and going out in the sun and getting overheated too much. Monday came and my mom wouldn't buy it, so I sent my doctor a real good quality picture and she said I had shingles. My mom forced me to get meds and I'm like 2 pills off the schedule but whatever. They're healing and scabbing over but I keep touching it sometimes which might infect it or make other people contagious. I had chicken pox as a very little toddler so yeah, I guess my immune system shitted out or I got way too stressed, which is probably both. Finals week is this week and next week and I'm busy and stressed and anxious AF!

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/23/2013 7:02 PM

I don't have any actual ailments. I found out I'm not diabetic luckily. But I've had some nice falls in my life. I've dropped 6 ft to pavement and landed on my face, it cracked my eye socket. I have really weak ankles so I can't ride more than 70 psi. I somehow managed to pull my left arm out of the socket today while riding. My faincee had to put it back in when I got home, I never even knew it was out lol. And I went to Rye Airfield once and had to cut the session short and ride home 6 hours with a broken foot. I've slipped icepicks and smashed my head/ back/ ass on ledges/rails. I slipped out on a crank arm slide 3 weeks ago, well actually I lost my balance and the sprocket stuck to the ledge, which sent me over the bars only to smash chest on the rail.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/24/2013 12:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2013 1:02 AM

I have ideomotor and ideology Apraxia from a stroke I had last year.
8 Concussions.
Have an amplatzer pfo occluder.
And a giant scar on my leg from having a piece of wood nearly impale it like...4 years ago lmao.
20/60 Vision from strokey but it's all bueno with glasses I just don't wear em.
I'm also on blood thinners they suck cox

Fuk wit meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Lol nah but I'm cool I have no struggle or anything.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/24/2013 1:03 AM

thats super unfortunate all around man, sounds like youve just been getting fucked over... but i guess its a good thing that stuffs being straightened out for you and youll be able to ride... at least youve got that going for you

is the nerve damage perm? or any way they can fix that shit for you?

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/24/2013 1:41 AM

Nerve Damage is permanent gunna have to live with that for the rest of my life unfortunately. With the complex regional pain syndrome the original damage nerve has been sending out pain signals to other nerves in my upper body that they are stuck in the pain cycle. There was talk of removing the "damaged" nerve but now with the CRPS diagnosis its been proven that removing the one problem nerve doesn't actually help all that much. Not a huge deal is known about CRPS there are a few experimental treatments such as cognitive mirror therapy, Basically they use mirrors to trick your body into believing the effected hand/arm is the non effected hand/arm & supposedly it works quite well. The actual nerve pain though will more than likely never go away & i will be on nerve relaxants & heavy pain killers for the rest of my life. Along with the diabetes it did really get me down, I've been taking some Anti-Depressants & the way i look at it now is... You have to play with the cards you're dealt in life. I know it wont be long till i get dealt a better hand & things will progress & look up for me.

|

5/24/2013 1:55 AM

Topsey wrote:

Nerve Damage is permanent gunna have to live with that for the rest of my life unfortunately. With the complex regional pain syndrome the original damage nerve has been sending out pain signals to other nerves in my upper body that they are stuck in the pain cycle. There was talk of removing the "damaged" nerve but now with the CRPS diagnosis its been proven that removing the one problem nerve doesn't actually help all that much. Not a huge deal is known about CRPS there are a few experimental treatments such as cognitive mirror therapy, Basically they use mirrors to trick your body into believing the effected hand/arm is the non effected hand/arm & supposedly it works quite well. The actual nerve pain though will more than likely never go away & i will be on nerve relaxants & heavy pain killers for the rest of my life. Along with the diabetes it did really get me down, I've been taking some Anti-Depressants & the way i look at it now is... You have to play with the cards you're dealt in life. I know it wont be long till i get dealt a better hand & things will progress & look up for me.

well hey man, at least you have a positive outlook... thats really unfortunate to hear though, i figured id ask becuase i know sometimes nerve damage isnt perm... now that you mention that, i believe i heard about that mirror stuff in a psychology course or something a while back, and it had great results... i definately wish you the best of luck with that whole thing... you never know, with tech coming out, maybe they could fix it in a few years

but keep your head up kid, and try to not let your shit keep you down

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

5/24/2013 2:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2013 2:13 AM

See this is why i am on Vital.. I used to be on a couple of other forums & the members talked shit on this place so i never bothered. I've been here just over a year & I've made more friends & talked with more quality people than in 10 years on the other forums! You guys are awesome, you all seem to have a real passion for BMX which seems to be fading away elsewhere, i can see myself being here for a long time!

|

5/24/2013 4:46 PM

OCD ADD and minor Tourettes for me!ermm

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/27/2013 1:00 PM

oh and for me, i dont think i have anything... but yeah, my memory is disgustingly bad, i have like hardcore rage sometimes (only happened a few times, but it was really bad for the other people), my mommy tells me im obsessive compulsive and paranoid, and delusional, and nerotic, and bi polar, and just pshycotic... but i kinda proved them kinda wrong

|

6/4/2013 5:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2013 6:37 PM

mental health symptoms

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/13/2013 1:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2013 1:40 PM

I'm in the hospital at least once a year with something broken. Just recently recovered from breaking my left foot in two places which took me out of riding and work for 3 months. I still have a broken rib from going down hard years ago because health insurance is expensive and shit. Other than that I eat pretty healthy and keep up on protein so no real ailments. Some of you guys have been through the ringer and I commend you for still riding. Oh, I almost forgot to mention my memory sucks and there are many dents in my skull from too many concussions.

|

6/13/2013 1:43 PM

Topsey wrote:

All joking aside... They did this in a House episode. Keep your head up man because they are making advances in medical procedures everyday. Keep fighting the good fight.

|