KONY 2012!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2012 8:36 AM

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

WATCH THIS VIDEO AND SHARE IT EVERYWHERE

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 8:50 AM

Yeah lets share a video and take no other action! The US won't do shit. As said, they'll take no action. There's no benefit to us taking ourselves there. It's a good effort, but a video won't put a bullet through a radical Christians head.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/7/2012 8:58 AM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Yeah lets share a video and take no other action! The US won't do shit. As said, they'll take no action. There's no benefit to us taking ourselves there. It's a good effort, but a video won't put a bullet through a radical Christians head.

See it is people like you the poison today's world. It is one thing not to join and try what you can to help out, but to sit there a dis on something that could have a massive effect is complete ignorance and I feel sorry for you I really do.

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 9:13 AM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Yeah lets share a video and take no other action! The US won't do shit. As said, they'll take no action. There's no benefit to us taking ourselves there. It's a good effort, but a video won't put a bullet through a radical Christians head.

beast.reality31 wrote:

See it is people like you the poison today's world. It is one thing not to join and try what you can to help out, but to sit there a dis on something that could have a massive effect is complete ignorance and I feel sorry for you I really do.

I'd love to be part of the group that kills him. Everyones sharing this video expecting a government or a UN group to open their eyes to how many people care and fix it. But really, the government is selfish here, and the UN can't seem to get a full order of arrest for this guy. If I could go to Uganda right now, I'd grab up those kids and save them. That's what needs to happen. Don't rely on this video to fix it. I think my point is that a lot of the people I know who share this video just want the government to help out. Maybe they will. My idea is that they won't. I'll gladly buy a t-shirt to directly fund the movement. Just my thoughts on this. I've never been much for passive approaches to things.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/7/2012 9:14 AM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

I'd love to be part of the group that kills him. Everyones sharing this video expecting a government or a UN group to open their eyes to how many people care and fix it. But really, the government is selfish here, and the UN can't seem to get a full order of arrest for this guy. If I could go to Uganda right now, I'd grab up those kids and save them. That's what needs to happen. Don't rely on this video to fix it. I think my point is that a lot of the people I know who share this video just want the government to help out. Maybe they will. My idea is that they won't. I'll gladly buy a t-shirt to directly fund the movement. Just my thoughts on this. I've never been much for passive approaches to things.

You obviously have absolutely no idea what the video really is for.
Stop talking out of your ass and stop being ignorant.

|

If you're riding your bike to solely become sponsored one day, you're riding for all the wrong reasons.
As cliche as this is, having fun is the point!

3/7/2012 9:19 AM

orlandoBMXrider wrote:

You obviously have absolutely no idea what the video really is for.
Stop talking out of your ass and stop being ignorant.

In context, from seeing it in the other thread and the video itself, it's to make the him famous and raise awareness on him so the US will do something about it.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/7/2012 10:28 AM

This movement is a joke.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 11:37 AM

You can not say it is a joke without saying why you think its a joke unless you are a complete bigot and dont know what the hell your talking about.

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 11:39 AM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

This movement is a joke.

yup..one thing i actually agree with you on

|

It's me, Dee Hos

>

30+ Refs!!!!!

3/7/2012 11:43 AM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

This movement is a joke.

Dee Hos wrote:

yup..one thing i actually agree with you on

Again as I said to the other dip shit say why you think its a joke or be deemed an ignorant bigot.

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 11:57 AM

beast.reality31 wrote:

Again as I said to the other dip shit say why you think its a joke or be deemed an ignorant bigot.

Because that foundation has a very long history of being shady as fuck.

Why don't you educate yourself a bit before you run around calling people names?

http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/

http://racismschool.tumblr.com/post/18894949162/we-got-trouble

http://www.vice.com/read/should-i-donate-money-to-kony-2012-or-not

Here, I'll save you the trouble.

"The organization behind Kony 2012 — Invisible Children Inc. — is an extremely shady nonprofit that has been called ”misleading,” “naive,” and “dangerous” by a Yale political science professor, and has been accused by Foreign Affairs of “manipulat[ing] facts for strategic purposes.” They have also been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide information necessary to determine if IC meets the Bureau’s standards.

Additionally, IC has a low two-star rating in accountability from Charity Navigator because they won’t let their financials be independently audited. That’s not a good thing. In fact, it’s a very bad thing, and should make you immediately pause and reflect on where the money you’re sending them is going.

By IC’s own admission, only 31% of all the funds they receive go toward actually helping anyone [pdf]. The rest go to line the pockets of the three people in charge of the organization, to pay for their travel expenses (over $1 million in the last year alone) and to fund their filmmaking business (also over a million) — which is quite an effective way to make more money, as clearly illustrated by the fact that so many can’t seem to stop forwarding their well-engineered emotional blackmail to everyone they’ve ever known."

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 11:58 AM

Not to mention that most of the shit they mention in their video hasn't happened since before 2006. AND they misrepresent the fuck out of things to get kids like you all stirred up and donating your parents' money.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 12:09 PM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

Not to mention that most of the shit they mention in their video hasn't happened since before 2006. AND they misrepresent the fuck out of things to get kids like you all stirred up and donating your parents' money.

Btw its my money and im not stirred up I just have a heart and whether or not there shady something should be done cause the fact of the matter is Uganda is a dangerous place and this shit is still happening so before you go and look up shit on Google and copy and paste it learn who the fuck your talking to

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 12:11 PM

beast.reality31 wrote:

Btw its my money and im not stirred up I just have a heart and whether or not there shady something should be done cause the fact of the matter is Uganda is a dangerous place and this shit is still happening so before you go and look up shit on Google and copy and paste it learn who the fuck your talking to

Before you come at me being an Internet hardass, learn proper grammar.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 12:13 PM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

This movement is a joke.

Dee Hos wrote:

yup..one thing i actually agree with you on

Do the creep!

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/7/2012 12:14 PM

I understand wanting to help, but this organization isn't helping anyone. There are plenty of other, more legitimate organizations to donate your money to.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 12:18 PM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

Before you come at me being an Internet hardass, learn proper grammar.

Yes, get your defenses up and bad mouth my grammar that'll really prove your point

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 12:21 PM

beast.reality31 wrote:

Yes, get your defenses up and bad mouth my grammar that'll really prove your point

My defenses aren't up at all. Like I said, there are plenty of legitimate charities to donate to if you want to help. This is not one o them.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 12:23 PM

also i will say that i havent even gave money to it. I just feel that with the awareness something can happen

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 12:30 PM

Awareness is a good thing. This organization is not.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 12:31 PM

Hello. I sort of like my avatar. I went ahead and deleted the crap @ the bottom.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

3/7/2012 12:32 PM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

Awareness is a good thing. This organization is not.

Ok this i will leave you with because i will agree i dont know much about this organization nor do i care. i am just sharing this because i think something should be done whether its done by them or not.

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 12:41 PM

^^^ "i will agree i dont know much about this organization"

What happened to "before you go and look up shit on Google and copy and paste it learn who the fuck your talking to", Mr. Badass?

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/9/2012 6:55 AM

As a closing statement for this, this has been going on for years and now you care because everyone else cares.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/9/2012 7:01 AM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

As a closing statement for this, this has been going on for years and now you care because everyone else cares.

WRONG. Now people are caring because they're learning about it, BECAUSE of a video like this. I don't care if the foundation is "shady as fuck", or if the film maker is making money off it it, that doesn't matter. OPEN YOUR EYES, and realize that it's a horrible thing that has been happening. The US hadn't gotten involved because there was "no US interests threatened" which is a stupid excuse for not spending money, but people are dying and it is preventable. The more people who are horrified, by what is happening, the more the international community is pressured into doing something about it.

Some of you on here have really no idea how the world works, and it's sad. I know you're young, but when you're uninformed about a subject, keep your mouth shut...got it? Otherwise you just sound like an ignorant prick....

|

Better to remain silent, and appear a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

3/9/2012 8:02 AM

Kony is just another religious nut...
I can't believe people are surprised by this.
Not to mention he has been doing this for years.

|

3/9/2012 9:11 AM

Brian_James wrote:

WRONG. Now people are caring because they're learning about it, BECAUSE of a video like this. I don't care if the foundation is "shady as fuck", or if the film maker is making money off it it, that doesn't matter. OPEN YOUR EYES, and realize that it's a horrible thing that has been happening. The US hadn't gotten involved because there was "no US interests threatened" which is a stupid excuse for not spending money, but people are dying and it is preventable. The more people who are horrified, by what is happening, the more the international community is pressured into doing something about it.

Some of you on here have really no idea how the world works, and it's sad. I know you're young, but when you're uninformed about a subject, keep your mouth shut...got it? Otherwise you just sound like an ignorant prick....

You mad because this nation is trillions in debt and they don't wanna spend more. I think id rather have a stable nation that spends it's money on my education and safety of itself.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/9/2012 9:47 AM

wanna know whats fucked up? i don't even care

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

3/9/2012 9:54 AM

ticaleb wrote:

wanna know whats fucked up? i don't even care

Its not that fucked up... Its really not our problem... i mean i know its a tragic event and someone should step in and help but our country is pretty fucked right now as is... tell africa to get there shit together.

|

3/9/2012 12:32 PM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

You mad because this nation is trillions in debt and they don't wanna spend more. I think id rather have a stable nation that spends it's money on my education and safety of itself.

Well when this nation spends money on things matter to make the world a bit safer then they should spend it not like what they spendit on now we wouldnt be trillons in debt if the shit we spend money on was fo rsomething tht was nessisary

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.