KONY2012

Related:
Create New Tag

3/6/2012 6:56 PM

actually havent gotten the chance to watch it yet, but it seems to have blown up in the past day, figured id share since your bound to see it sooner or later

thoughts?
|

3/6/2012 7:10 PM

dude this is crazy, gone from 50 k views yesterday to probably millions of views by the end of tonight

|

3/6/2012 7:17 PM

I watched this a while ago. It's crazy. Really well made too.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

3/6/2012 7:22 PM

Spenlard wrote:

I watched this a while ago. It's crazy. Really well made too.

I can't edit my post, but in a while ago I mean a couple hours.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

3/6/2012 10:17 PM

i respect him more than i respect half of america
he had a dream and he followed it. power to him

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

3/6/2012 10:43 PM

what is it? i've seen it all over tumblr

|

vital's redneck

3/6/2012 10:58 PM

Just watched it and it's pretty fucking good. I want one of those posters.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

3/6/2012 11:01 PM

it's not working for me sad

|

vital's redneck

3/7/2012 12:13 AM

Says page not found.Loose the 13 off the end of your link.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

3/7/2012 3:37 AM

To sum it up, its a bad guy named Joseph Kony who abducts children around Africa, he makes the boys kill their parents and mutilate people and he uses the girls as sex slaves, and pretty much talks about if the word doesn't spread the word about him then the American government will do nothing about it, so pretty much he is trying to make Kony famous not to celebrate him but to let people be aware of him, so on the 20th of April they want everyone at 12am to put posters and stickers and pretty much tag your whole town with Kony posters so everyone is aware of him. Well that's what iv heard of it so far not sure if it exactly that though.

|

3/7/2012 5:23 AM

Watching that right now with my morning hot chocolate.

|

3/7/2012 9:17 AM

I think if this really does work, and he gets arrested, it could open peoples eyes and maybe get even more criminals arrested like the ones they had on the list.
I'm gonna donate and get the action kit, I'm putting one of those stickers on my bike and I'm gonna go ham on april 20th!!
The world is fucked, but maybe this can do small changes that will make it a better place for our children to live in someday.

|

If you're riding your bike to solely become sponsored one day, you're riding for all the wrong reasons.
As cliche as this is, having fun is the point!

3/7/2012 9:25 AM

This organization is a joke.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 11:41 AM

I think if we ban together americas people can make a diffrence and im hoping if this works that more things will happen to make our own country better

|

Freedom to ride means Freedom to live.

3/7/2012 11:54 AM

beast.reality31 wrote:

I think if we ban together americas people can make a diffrence and im hoping if this works that more things will happen to make our own country better

Should I tell you why you're wrong and this organization is a joke, or do you just want to admit that I'm right?

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

3/7/2012 11:57 AM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

Should I tell you why you're wrong and this organization is a joke, or do you just want to admit that I'm right?

Yes please tell me why you think im wrong

|

3/7/2012 11:57 AM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

go ahead, let us know why an organization created to raise awareness over and inhumane criminal and to get Americas help is a joke.
Please, make my day.

|

If you're riding your bike to solely become sponsored one day, you're riding for all the wrong reasons.
As cliche as this is, having fun is the point!

3/7/2012 12:00 PM

orlandoBMXrider wrote:

go ahead, let us know why an organization created to raise awareness over and inhumane criminal and to get Americas help is a joke.
Please, make my day.

http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/

http://racismschool.tumblr.com/post/18894949162/we-got-trouble

http://www.vice.com/read/should-i-donate-money-to-kony-2012-or-not

Here, I'll save you the trouble.

"The organization behind Kony 2012 — Invisible Children Inc. — is an extremely shady nonprofit that has been called ”misleading,” “naive,” and “dangerous” by a Yale political science professor, and has been accused by Foreign Affairs of “manipulat[ing] facts for strategic purposes.” They have also been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide information necessary to determine if IC meets the Bureau’s standards.

Additionally, IC has a low two-star rating in accountability from Charity Navigator because they won’t let their financials be independently audited. That’s not a good thing. In fact, it’s a very bad thing, and should make you immediately pause and reflect on where the money you’re sending them is going.

By IC’s own admission, only 31% of all the funds they receive go toward actually helping anyone [pdf]. The rest go to line the pockets of the three people in charge of the organization, to pay for their travel expenses (over $1 million in the last year alone) and to fund their filmmaking business (also over a million) — which is quite an effective way to make more money, as clearly illustrated by the fact that so many can’t seem to stop forwarding their well-engineered emotional blackmail to everyone they’ve ever known."

Not to mention, most of what they're talking about hasn't happened since before 2006. They started making these videos in 2003, and nearly every "fact" that they've put forth in the latest one is either exaggerated or a flat-out lie.

|

3/7/2012 12:04 PM

|

3/7/2012 12:05 PM

tinybikerider33 wrote:

http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/

http://racismschool.tumblr.com/post/18894949162/we-got-trouble

http://www.vice.com/read/should-i-donate-money-to-kony-2012-or-not

Here, I'll save you the trouble.

"The organization behind Kony 2012 — Invisible Children Inc. — is an extremely shady nonprofit that has been called ”misleading,” “naive,” and “dangerous” by a Yale political science professor, and has been accused by Foreign Affairs of “manipulat[ing] facts for strategic purposes.” They have also been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide information necessary to determine if IC meets the Bureau’s standards.

Additionally, IC has a low two-star rating in accountability from Charity Navigator because they won’t let their financials be independently audited. That’s not a good thing. In fact, it’s a very bad thing, and should make you immediately pause and reflect on where the money you’re sending them is going.

By IC’s own admission, only 31% of all the funds they receive go toward actually helping anyone [pdf]. The rest go to line the pockets of the three people in charge of the organization, to pay for their travel expenses (over $1 million in the last year alone) and to fund their filmmaking business (also over a million) — which is quite an effective way to make more money, as clearly illustrated by the fact that so many can’t seem to stop forwarding their well-engineered emotional blackmail to everyone they’ve ever known."

Not to mention, most of what they're talking about hasn't happened since before 2006. They started making these videos in 2003, and nearly every "fact" that they've put forth in the latest one is either exaggerated or a flat-out lie.

So what your telling us is that everyone is completely stupid and the people who are in control of telling whether the organization is in the guidelines of the law are stupid and the organization who has been around for years is a shame hmm wow you are ignorant

|

3/7/2012 12:06 PM

Basically, this organization is collecting millions of dollars for an issue that has been almost nonexistent in the last five years, and they're using that money to go on expensive trips, line their own pockets, and make more videos to make more money. And the tiny portion of their donations that their "non-profit" organization actually gives to people (31%) is given to some renegade soldiers in Uganda who have been convicted of rape, robbery, and murder.

|

3/7/2012 12:10 PM

beast.reality31 wrote:

So what your telling us is that everyone is completely stupid and the people who are in control of telling whether the organization is in the guidelines of the law are stupid and the organization who has been around for years is a shame hmm wow you are ignorant

If you would have read any of those articles, you'd look a lot less stupid right now.

The Invisible Children charity is on the verge of being shut down. They're already being pursued by the US gov't for misrepresenting themselves as a charity, tax evasion, and a few other substantial charges.

|

3/7/2012 12:16 PM

hmmmm well considering none of your link are from creditable sources I dont count there information creditable

|

3/7/2012 12:19 PM

this nation has its own problems fuck this faggot, we should be finding ways to stop obesity,oil dependency, and debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

3/7/2012 12:21 PM

beast.reality31 wrote:

hmmmm well considering none of your link are from creditable sources I dont count there information creditable

Not true. I'd consider the Better Business Bureau and Charity Navigator to both be credible sources, as would anyone who has a clue about anything.

|

3/7/2012 12:22 PM

rideallday661 wrote:

this nation has its own problems fuck this faggot, we should be finding ways to stop obesity,oil dependency, and debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well oil dependency isnt that big of an issue and obesity is the peoples fault nothing anyone can do and the debt will never be paid back. Solving the kony thing can bring the united states some well needed help

|

3/7/2012 12:24 PM

beast.reality31 wrote:

Well oil dependency isnt that big of an issue and obesity is the peoples fault nothing anyone can do and the debt will never be paid back. Solving the kony thing can bring the united states some well needed help

you sound fuckin stupid oil dependency not a big deal? im paying $6 a gallon when we have our own oil but the dumbshit of a president wont drill! and obesity is a fuckin problem, so hop off konys dick

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

3/7/2012 12:26 PM

i'm going to do nothing about it.... like i always do.

|

3/7/2012 12:27 PM

beast.reality31 wrote:

Oh man. Now I realize you're not even worth arguing with, spewing out shit like that.

|

3/7/2012 12:27 PM

OK well the dependency will not change what you are saying is a new way of getting the oil that i feel is a very big problem and obesity isnt an issue that the government has any say in. it is up to the people whether they want to be overly fat or not.

|