Learner's Permit Test

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2014 9:44 PM

I turn 15 years old on July 15th and that means I can take my permit test that day and I need some help. I am in no hurry at all to get this stupid thing. Don't get my wrong, it will be nice to have and I do need to have it for at least 6 months before I can get my licence but it's just a permit. It really doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, but whatever. Anyway, I started studying in June, stopped as soon as July hit because I thought I knew it all and today my mom hit me with a practice test and I was doing very well until I got to like the 18th question. I ended up getting about 5 wrong and then quitting after that. I actually didn't even need to quit because I had failed it already anyway and after seeing "YOU FAILED" on the screen, I lost my shit. I was SO pissed. I have test anxiety and I don't know how I am going to be able to pass this text next week. Like I said, I am in no hurry but my friends, family, and girlfriend all want me to go try to take it on my birthday SO badly. I don't know....What do you guys think I should do? How can I prepare myself for this test? Note: I am a bad at studying which is not good when you have test anxiety. I have ADHD and I have a hard time concentrating when I am reading stuff that I don't find interesting.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/11/2014 9:52 PM

I live in MA but most of the questions on mine were signs, like the colors, shapes, what they meant, etc etc. most of it's common sense to be honest. What were some examples of questions you had a hard time with?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/11/2014 9:59 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

I live in MA but most of the questions on mine were signs, like the colors, shapes, what they meant, etc etc. most of it's common sense to be honest. What were some examples of questions you had a hard time with?

Well the one that really made no sense to me was something along the lines of "If you are taking prescription drugs, who is responsible for knowing if you're okay to drive?" The answers where something like "A.) Pharmacist. B.) You. C.) Physician D.) something else that I forget." I chose physician. Turns out, you're responsible for it. I did not know that.

Others were I didn't know what a certain sign was, I put all of the above on one or two and that was wrong, I hit A when I meant to hit B and B was correct on one (I was pissed) and some one or two more that I forget.

|

YouTube

7/11/2014 10:40 PM

Take your time and think questions through alot. A lot of the time you just gotta have a thought out guess for tests.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/11/2014 10:51 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Take your time and think questions through alot. A lot of the time you just gotta have a thought out guess for tests.

I am good at educated guesses with driving because it isn't THAT hard, just a little tricky when it's on paper.

|

YouTube

7/11/2014 11:59 PM

I did a little YT search and found a cheat sheet basically I studied for 30 minutes tops and passed the shit first try. The dmv has a website too check it if you don't already have a book.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/12/2014 12:41 AM

Shouldn't be hard honestly most the questions are commn sense, i never studied for my test and i passed with a perfect score

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/12/2014 7:02 AM

I just took the online practice test 5 or so times right before I went to the dmv. (passed 1st try) Most of the questions on the practice test are on the legit test. It is mostly common sense if you pay attention while in a car. I just got mine like 2 weeks ago, nothin to worry about man, worst case scenario you can always retake it.

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

7/12/2014 9:47 AM

Just relax. It's like being on a bike. Overthinking it will cause you to get nervous. Stay calm and all will work out

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/13/2014 12:18 PM

When I took mine I had no issue, but I retain info easily for things like that, and honestly 75% of it is common sense.

It's good to get it done, so you can get your license right away and get to more spots to ride.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/14/2014 6:47 PM

BUMP. Any other tips? I am taking the test tomorrow regardless of how much I understand it as long as I get my proof of enrollment tomorrow. I have calmed down and I feel like I am not going to get really pissed off but then again, last time, it was like a fucking switch was flipped when I saw "YOU FAILED" on the screen.

|

YouTube

7/14/2014 7:24 PM

Just passed a practice test with an 80%. I missed 5 and you're allowed to miss 7, I believe so that is much better than before.

|

YouTube

7/14/2014 11:53 PM

Choose C if in doubt

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/15/2014 8:47 AM

Okay guys so I took the test today and fuckin failed! I am pissed again but whatever. It's my birthday and I am going to have a good time. I can take it again in 7 days.

|

YouTube

7/15/2014 9:18 AM

When i took mine it was like 40 or 45 questions, and half of them repeated.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/15/2014 9:34 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

When i took mine it was like 40 or 45 questions, and half of them repeated.

Mine was 25 question and you can miss 6. Once you miss 7, you have failed. I was on question like 22 or 23 (I think) when I missed my 7th one. I was pissed. I said fuck and walked out of the testing room.

|

YouTube

7/17/2014 7:20 PM

Read the book. And it's not really common sense. Because it's not all that common. (seriously. been driving for a month and most drivers are fucking retarded.)

Just chill out relax and take your time. Do a bunch of practice tests.

Honestly if you read the booklet once from front to back then you should be able to pass easily.

|

7/23/2014 8:51 AM

I passed it yesterday. I only missed 4 and I felt like a champ. I didn't really study that much the second time around. I did take one practice test and I skimmed through a few sections of the book. Everyone that says that it's common sense is wrong. It's really not. It is partially common sense but you have to have some knowledge of the rules of the road.

|

YouTube

7/23/2014 9:25 PM

I studied like a bitch for a whole week off of older tests and online sample tests which were primarily almost the identical thing, and I ended up missing FUCKING 14! The limit for wrong answers was like 8! It was absolutely fucking ridiculous, and I'm about to go take it in about a week or so. If not, I won't have time for licensed driving lessons when school time comes around.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/23/2014 11:26 PM

I didn't study anything ever. and I passed first shot.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "