Lets talk politics!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/6/2016 7:58 AM

BMX is free and shouldn't include every other normal things that every other normal people think about...

But we are here in the Non-related-to-BMX section, so let it flow!

Now, for all of you americans out there...
Trump, Obama, Hillary?

Personally, for Trump, his Mexican wall thing makes me think about the wall of berlin...

What do you guys think?

Comments?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/6/2016 8:12 AM

Trump was supposed to be a protest vote, he wasn't taken seriously even by the people that work for him. But his ego got the better of him when he saw a bunch of fucktards cheering him on. Hopefully there's no real chance of him getting anywhere. But it appears there's a lot of stupid people in 'Murica.

I'm in the UK though so I don't really know what's going on over there.

There seems to be a lot of stupid people here too though, and Britain first have decided to become a political party. Let's hope there's enough people with an ounce of intelligence to not let them get anywhere.

We've also got the whole EU thing at the moment. And I genuinely don't know what would be for the best. There's no impartial information or facts anywhere. It's all just one side giving reasons we should leave, and the other giving reasons we should stay.

I'd like to leave this country, but I can't while my son's young.

Other than that I intentionally keep myself quite blinkered from politics, and current affairs. It's just other people's biased opinions, saying what they think will please and appeal to the most people.

|

5/6/2016 11:16 AM

if you dont live in the US dont talk about american politics

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

5/6/2016 12:17 PM

But it will affect the whole world. So it's everyone's right to know what's happening and have an opinion on it.

|

5/6/2016 12:31 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

if you dont live in the US dont talk about american politics

Actually chances are good they can see it better than we can, being that all of our media is so skewed.

BBC seems to be one of the better news sources, reporting what ACTUALLY happens, not what they think we NEED to see.

Regardless, things are completely f-ed up here, everyone knows, and yet everyone STILL votes those idiots into office (not just presidential, I'm talking Congress, the folks who ACTUALLY cause the problems).

Paraphrased from the Warren Buffet thing going around:

Remove the ability to make it a career, remove the special healthcare and make them participate like everyone else with health insurance. Take their retirement plans and put it into Social Security and make them buy their own retirement plans like the general public.Remove their ability to vote for raises, and give them cost of living increases like everyone else, and if they cannot keep the budget balanced within 3% deficit, they are NOT eligible for reelection.

It does seem harsh, but it makes a lot of sense. At the very least the retirement, healthcare and removal of raise voting should be REQUIRED.

Outside of that, I hope whatever happens, we don't end up like North Korea, where someone takes over and destroys what we do have.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/6/2016 12:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2016 11:31 PM

None are good options but right now, trump seems like he has some logical views but they are ignored because the media keeps making accusations of racism based on misconstrued or misspoken statements. Bernie won't get the nomination unless Hillary gets indicted but even if she does she will get pardoned by Obama

Choose between a turd and a turd sandwich
|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/6/2016 12:48 PM

You do know Obama isn't running, right?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/6/2016 2:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2016 2:04 PM

college and healthcare could easily be free, but you dont realize how much money we give to countries like japan, saudi Arabia, hati, israel, jordan, kuwait , mexico and whoever else i forgot, we need to decrease military pull out of the middle east and let europe and the middle east deal with that, we should legalize all drugs and regulate, we should re-create our hemp industry and stop relying on paper pulp and plastics, if you can pass a background check you should be able to own whatever firearm you desire. congress members should be limited to 8 years like the president. soldiers should be given the same healthcare as congress members , we need to let japan repeal article 9. take our troops from over seas and put them on our borders step up our entry ways into the US. we need to focus on US not helping others. set up a national defense like switzerland has, but in our schools have a firearms training etc every year you progress to a new class im not saying let elementary kids start off on ar15s and stuff but like jr high kids learning safety how to use a .22 then in high school learn on bigger stuff that way if something was to happen say in public or schools the students know how to work together and exterminate the threat

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

5/6/2016 2:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2016 2:40 PM

You can't legalize all drugs and also make healthcare free at the same time. More addicts=more people getting free medical treatment which would be a nightmare for the medical industry. All of a sudden every hospital bed is filled with a junkie and the us now has to foot the bill

|

5/6/2016 11:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2016 12:03 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

You can't legalize all drugs and also make healthcare free at the same time. More addicts=more people getting free medical ...more

check out portugal, they legalized drugs and drug use decreased same with hiv and other diseases and crime, also addicts were more likely to seek medical treatment for addiction helping them recover as a result of it no longer being such a social stigma. the idea of america is freedom and ruling with logic and reason, not ignorance and disinformation.

[youtube]

[/youtube]

as i said previously for funds and tax money have a gander at this

The top five recipients of foreign military financing in 2014, according to the report:
1. Israel: $3.1 billion
2. Egypt: $1.3 billion
3. Iraq: $300 million
3. Jordan: $300 million
5. Pakistan: $280 million
What also stands out from the report is the regional distribution -- the Middle East (64%) and Africa (23%) account for 86% of all U.S. foreign military financing last year.

none of those countries actually give a fuck about us and have human rights abuse, pakistan does not do shit for us and is actually a safe haven for terrorists "insurgents" whatever youd like to call them. the weapons smuggling from pakistan over the mountains into the nuristan and zabol providence's of afghanistan is blatantly obvious but we dont act on it.

israel is an oppressive state and only a safe haven for jews. christians and others face abuse, the Palestinians had their land stolen from them, kids are shot for throwing rocks plenty of human abuse by the government using neo nazi tactics like forcing palestinians into ghettos similar to warzsaw.

jordan we provide money for military training centers and such and actually worlds largest arms trades show goes on there as SOFEX but countries not so friendly use the facilities to train on as well.

Iraq, we spend the money on the wrong people just a bunch of pedophiles and war criminals, the people we need to support are the kurds who are actually effective against isis and others and also love americans but we cant support them because theyre enemies with our ally turkey, turkey also is a safe haven for terrorists as well.

egypt is obvious i mean do i really have to go into this anymore.

our foreign policy is a joke and a total waste of money on people that dont give a fuck about us we should be using that tax payer money for our infrastructure, schools,hospitals, etc

as i mentioned with japan earlier we need to let them repeal article 9 of the japanese constitution.

Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution is a clause in the national Constitution of Japan outlawing war as a means to settle international disputes involving the state. The Constitution came into effect on May 3, 1947, following World War II. In its text, the state formally renounces the sovereign right of belligerency and aims at an international peace based on justice and order. The article also states that, to accomplish these aims, armed forces with war potential will not be maintained.
|

5/7/2016 12:13 AM

I do know that Obama isn't running for presidency anymore, but it doesn't rule him out in terms of what he has done. If you speak of Trump, you speak of Obama (as Don will get rid of what Obama has worked on). Its a pity as Obama has the sense the others have lost.

Why should japan annul/revoke/repeal Article 9? It's a great one and should be on every constitution. No one should have any army at all. We create the soldiers that lost their lives and get traumatized for nothing. More land is a thing of the past, now we should be focused on solving the climate that is going to shit. Peace and love.

|

5/7/2016 12:16 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

None are good options but right now, trump seems like he has some logical views but they are ignored because the media keeps ...more

None of those choices seem nice at all. Gee, am I happy to not be an adult in america!

|

5/7/2016 12:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2016 12:20 AM

Skylight wrote:

I do know that Obama isn't running for presidency anymore, but it doesn't rule him out in terms of what he has done. If you ...more

its great because then we dont have to defend japan and it would be good for relations, plus how sick would it be if we started seeing like some gundams

|

5/7/2016 2:20 AM

The way I see it, every politician lies and tells people what they want to hear to get votes. Nothing ever really gets better, it just gets different.
But at the same time, the have to try to keep everyone happy. Being too far left will lose confidence of the right wing, and vice versa.
Education and health care is easy to make free. We have it over here. But our taxes are ridiculous. It's still worth it though as I know my son will get to go to college for free, and even some uni courses are free. And if I ever need hospital treatment I'll get it.

Politicians are all far too greedy. They get paid far too much (considering its literally a part time job for most. Most of them come from money, and own a few businesses), then they claim expenses on almost everything, on top of all their allowances (clothing, travel, accommodation, they even get an allowance for entertaining as it's part of their job).
They deal with millions and billions and have completely lost touch with normal working people. The few quid that would make a difference to me is nothing to them. But they keep wages down and push up living costs assuming we've got enough to live on. Seriously, put a politician on minimum wage for a week and see how far they get. They'll spend a weeks wages on one meal.

All politicians need to focus more on keeping their country happy. But I still think it's their responsibility to help other countries. It's one world.
World hunger could be cured with less than the US military spends on weapons (not saying it's their responsibility, just putting some perspective on it).
The gap between the rich and the poor is getting bigger and bigger. Just imagine how the world would be if some of that money was shared out a bit more evenly.

Yeah it sounds a bit communist, which I know a lot of Americans hate. But in theory it would work so well.

Watch capitalism: a love story by Michael Moore.

The whole world is fucked.

|

5/7/2016 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2016 11:27 AM

Skylight wrote:

I do know that Obama isn't running for presidency anymore, but it doesn't rule him out in terms of what he has done. If you ...more

hmm
lets see

@jonny
we should definitely blindly apply what worked for a 3RD WORLD COUNTRY IN SOUTH AMERICA to our 1st world country that has vastly different social constructions demographics and culture

I get it, but this is just like sanders talking about sweden and how we should copy them when they are a white washed country with about the same polulation as new york city but with 1/571 the population density
you cant just assume because something works somewhere that it'll work somewhere else

@skylight
why are you assuming that i'm a trump supporter? I don't like a lot of the remarks he has made about latinos and muslims, and he has no real experience in politics. However i won't deny that he has a better grasp on how the economy and business works than the rest of the candidates, but I STILL WOULDNT VOTE FOR ANY OF THEM BECAUSE IN CALIFORNIA YOUR VOTE WILL NEVER MATTER

regarding climate change. I don't understand why both sides can't take a common ground. even if someone doesnt believe global warming exists, they can still believe that we should work to keep our pollution and carbon footprint down because in addition to attributing to global warming, they cause undeniable damage to the ecosystem

|

5/7/2016 11:36 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

hmm
lets see

@jonny
we should definitely blindly apply what worked for a 3RD WORLD COUNTRY IN SOUTH AMERICA to our 1st world ...more

steve to be honest i dont think you have the intellect to go toe to toe with me on politics, we are a super power we can give our people free education and healthcare and not sweat it by simply cutting funding to the military industrial complex, conservatives are no better than liberals both the same sack of shit. im far from a communist and im far from a right winger. ive brought up solid points and your only response is sweden, south america and sanders.

we dont even have to raise taxes

|

5/7/2016 12:25 PM

Skylight wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

hmm
lets see

@jonny
we should definitely blindly apply what worked for a 3RD WORLD COUNTRY IN SOUTH AMERICA to our 1st world ...more

JonnyGanja wrote:

steve to be honest i dont think you have the intellect to go toe to toe with me on politics, we are a super power we can give ...more

the irony is that i'm only attacking the points i disagree

|

5/8/2016 2:33 AM

Skylight wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

hmm
lets see

@jonny

JonnyGanja wrote:

steve to be honest i dont think you have the intellect to go toe to toe with me on politics, we are a super power we can give ...more

Before you suggest we cut my Damn paycheck, why don't we go after the politician's paychecks. As an E4 in the navy, I get shit pay.

|

5/8/2016 9:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2016 9:36 AM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

Before you suggest we cut my Damn paycheck, why don't we go after the politician's paychecks. As an E4 in the navy, I get shit ...more

you should read what i actually wrote you know the part where youre not serving in israel and pakistan. you know the part where i said cut spending from

or "soldiers should be given the same healthcare as congress members"

|

5/9/2016 8:39 AM

Trump for the win , itching to see American do the American thing and invade another country , I'm sure that jackass is the man for the job

|

5/9/2016 12:14 PM

BUILD

THE

WALL

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/9/2016 4:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2016 12:14 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

Before you suggest we cut my Damn paycheck, why don't we go after the politician's paychecks. As an E4 in the navy, I get shit ...more

JonnyGanja wrote:

you should read what i actually wrote you know the part where youre not serving in israel and pakistan. you know the part ...more

Cutting military funding will hurt service members. Period. No dancing around d it, high year tenure, ERB, PTS/C-WAY, many other programs designed to cut our retention , as well as reduced promotion rates.

|

5/9/2016 6:33 PM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

Cutting military funding will hurt service members. Period. No dancing around d it, high year tenure, ERB, PTS/C-WAY, many ...more

how does cutting spending to

affect you. thats the money we give to those countries, how does wanting to re-invest that money into our people hurt service members? go into detail how cutting funding in those countries hurt you. and honestly fuck the middle east all of it, let them deal with the shit or let europe put in some actual work instead of sitting around criticizing us.

legalize cannabis, hemp has many industrial uses, including biodiesel such as an ethanol product, less emissions, shittier gas mileage by a little bit but more power, grow like every 4-6 months its a pretty resilient plant , then we wouldnt be so dependent in foreign oil. = less war

|

5/9/2016 8:14 PM

I just look at this and realize how utterly ignorant of a job I am doing as an American, being totally uneducated about US government. Hell, I can't even list all 50 states off of the top of my head for all that that matters.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/10/2016 12:10 AM

Skylight wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

hmm
lets see

@jonny

"regarding climate change. I don't understand why both sides can't take a common ground. even if someone doesnt believe global warming exists, they can still believe that we should work to keep our pollution and carbon footprint down because in addition to attributing to global warming, they cause undeniable damage to the ecosystem"
im not that big into politics but my grasp is that the democrats would put their efforts towards making the government pay for the cost of pollution mitigation while the republics would put their efforts towards keeping the buisnesses from having to cover the cost of pollution mitigation *rolls eyes*

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/10/2016 12:13 AM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

you should read what i actually wrote you know the part where youre not serving in israel and pakistan. you know the part ...more

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

Cutting military funding will hurt service members. Period. No dancing around d it, high year tenure, ERB, PTS/C-WAY, many ...more

maybe they could make less multi-thousand dollar bombs instead of cutting yer paychecks and benefits
and hire less of yall, maybe hire you all for jobs as nurses and teachers instead

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/10/2016 12:16 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

how does cutting spending to

5. ...more

If we cut those specifically it won't, but they won't ever cut those, they'll cut defense in general, and reappropriate fund from other defense costs.

|

5/10/2016 12:18 AM

You guys do know that the kiktary is more than soldiers and marines right? There are doctors, nurses, chaplains, construction workers, computer techs, airfield controllers, you name it, there's probably a rate/MOS for it. I happen to work plumbing, water treatment, and distribution myself.

|

5/10/2016 12:20 AM

And they aren't cutting pay checks, they're cutting benefits, retirements, and retention.

|

5/15/2016 11:47 AM

Photo

|