Lets talk politics!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2016 7:53 AM

She is just too old to make it. She is past her prime-just don't come back to something you can no longer do.

It's time for new people, new brains, new minds. It's time for youth and innovation.

At the end Poutine is going to be the only dude with some steel balls.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

6/24/2016 9:12 AM

So, we are back to the politics lounge!

You know what I'm getting all excited about!

THE BREXIT!!!!!!

Ideas? Comments?

What did you vote for, grumpySteve?

|

6/24/2016 12:25 PM

Skylight wrote:

THE BREXIT!!!!!!

Ideas? Comments?

...more

I'm an American and what is this?

|

6/24/2016 12:36 PM

I'm just tired of all these mass shootings... it needs to stop....

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/25/2016 12:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2016 12:26 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

thank the FBI for orlando fyi , mass shootings wouldnt happen if people took responsibility for their personal security instead they pull out their phones and film it, or run and hide. packed place could have taken him out rush him, but its the gay community were talking about who arent exactly known for being fighters. notice all these shootings and shit happen in gun free zones and strong liberal areas because terrorists and pyschos know theres no resistance. people need to carry guns and take responsibility and mass shootings wouldnt happen as much because that one pyscho that pulls out a gun and starts shooting, everyone around him has a gun and will shoot him. people are too much of cowards these days its sad and the beta males try to shame the alpha males but guess who they hide behind when shit goes down.

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/25/2016 1:39 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

thank the FBI for orlando fyi , mass shootings wouldnt happen if people took responsibility for their personal security ...more

If you think more guns is the solution you're a straight-up blind fucking idiot. In your fantasy world, everyone has a gun yet somehow the only people that die are the bad guys. In the REAL world, the frequency of mass shootings would increase, probably substantially.

Although I don't put the blame on guns, rather on the culture we've created that glorifies mass murderers. And of course guns don't kill people, but they sure as fucking hell make the process a lot easier and quicker.

|

6/25/2016 3:53 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If you think more guns is the solution you're a straight-up blind fucking idiot. In your fantasy world, everyone has a gun yet ...more

if you can legally own a gun and everyones carrying less issues is especially if everyone is trained properly. this is called common sense. it would reduce causalities and a gun deaths in america arent really a large number, each year more people are killed with hammers than rifles lol drunk driving kills more americans same with texting and driving. we also have a mental health issue in this country as well which is disguised a firearm issue and senators bought by pharmaceutical companies to pass their new chemical lobotomies that dont actually help people.

i just want revolution already but everyone is too comfortable with their lives to make a sacrifice. we live under a plutocracy bernie, hillary, trump all a joke.

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/26/2016 7:18 PM

Skylight wrote:

THE BREXIT!!!!!!

Ideas? Comments?

...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm an American and what is this?

There's a bunch of countries voting to leave the European Union and its supposedly going to fuck with everyone's economy or some shit

|

6/26/2016 7:46 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

thank the FBI for orlando fyi , mass shootings wouldnt happen if people took responsibility for their personal security ...more

I've got nothing against gays personally but the last decade or so their whole movement or whatever you want to call it has really been throwing themselves out in the public eye allot with the wants for equal rights and all their reality tv shows,gay parades and rallies and what not , kind of foolish of them , every time straight people get murdered do all the straight couples out their flood to take pictures of them kissing like these gay people started doing after the shooting on social media ? Posting about where they're all going to meet for a gathering for whatever their next occasion is ? Do these people not realize religion has brainwashed half the world to want them dead ? , seems to me they're really making themselves easy targets at this point , thinking the big left wing liberals will be their for them to take charge and protect them , when in reality theirs allot more angry Muslims out their with guns and weapons who want to kill them , then their is of these left wingers (more equal rights and anti guns) to really do any good for them

|

6/27/2016 12:33 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I've got nothing against gays personally but the last decade or so their whole movement or whatever you want to call it has ...more

yep but what do you expect from homofascism. i agree with you man

|

9/24/2016 10:26 PM

Best candidate in my opinion. https://www.evanmcmullin.com/

If neither Hillary or Trump get the majority (270 electoral college votes) The vote gets thrown into the house. In the house, we have a majority of highly educated individuals who now those two, arn't good options, and that Evan Mcmullin is a much better candidate. Vote for him and show your support to the house!

|

9/26/2016 12:21 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Best candidate in my opinion. https://www.evanmcmullin.com/

If neither Hillary or Trump get the majority (270 electoral ...more

#ridethejohnson

|

9/26/2016 12:48 PM

Haha. Americans talking about gun law is pretty funny. If everyone carried guns there'd be less shooting? Do you seriously believe that? That's exactly what's wrong with the gun culture in America. Firearms are illegal here, have been for a long time. When was the last mass shooting here? It was the reason guns got banned. In fact, the guy who shot people didn't have a clue about firearms, and it's widely believed it was deliberately set up by the government so they had a reason to call for a ban. Exactly the same as the Dunblane massacre, that guy's firearm licence ran out, he was kicked out of his gun club for being dangerous, and was told he couldn't renew his licence because he was mentally unstable by doctors. A few days before it happened he was pulled over by police, with all his firearms in his boot (or trunk as you'd call it) and the police done nothing. He was breaking the law, and if those officers took him into custody and took away his firearms, all those kids would still be alive.

When guns were legal over here, you had to have a licence. To get a licence you had to be a member of a gun club. Members of the gun club, and doctors had to say you were fit to own a firearm. If you wanted a firearm, you had to notify the nra, send them your licence, and have that particular firearm added to your licence before you could even buy it.
My dad was very much into shooting, he was also very good. He had thousands of £ worth of firearms, and when the amnesty was called he lost a lot of money, and his favourite hobby. I'm not anti gun, far from it. But America needs vastly stricter gun laws. Some states have it correct, but generally it's just a shit storm waiting to happen. If gun laws were stricter, it would be a lot harder to get a gun in the first place, so all the crazy people over there wouldn't be able to get one anywhere near as easily in the first place. It wouldn't stop gun crime all together, but it would put a dent in the amount of innocent people killed every year. Owning a gun doesn't make you a man.

Gay people have every right to have marches and parades, whatever the reason behind it is. Do you not realise how suppressed they've been in the past? How they were treated? And still are? It's getting close to a time where no one cares what sexuality another person is, but we're not there yet. Why would you care if a person is gay? Or if they're having a parade? Does it affect you in some way? Are they not allowed to be proud of themselves? Or maybe you just don't get why they're proud. They're proud because society still doesn't accept them the way it should, but they've come out anyway. They're proud of their friends and partners that have also plucked up the courage to come out and be themselves, in a society where a parent would disown their own child because of their sexuality. Either open your eyes, or stop caring. But don't have a negative attitude to someone that's facing things you'll never experience or understand

|

9/26/2016 12:57 PM

Skylight wrote:

THE BREXIT!!!!!!

Ideas? Comments?

...more

Wow! Sorry for the late reply. I voted stay, my reason being that there weren't any positive reasons to leave. Although, that being said, there was no impartial information or predictions about what would happen available. It was all just biased theories and propaganda. The right wing were trying to convince everyone that we'd immediately start kicking out immigrants, and all be better off financially. Even though they admitted that was all I lie as soon as the vote passed. A lot of leave voters didn't even know what they were voting for, and wanted a re vote after.
It divided the country, friends and family members were falling out over which way they should vote.
But at the end of the day, nothing has really changed yet. We might become financially stronger, but that's still doubtful. It's affected the exchange rate enough for me to pull out of ordering a custom fbm frame (roughly £100 more than before brexit!). But other than that, for now at least, it's the same as it was before. I think most British people have forgotten all about it now

|

9/30/2016 7:05 AM

Lol, I think that's pretty true.

TBH, while I was in the line going into France for the holidays, i couldnt stop myself form smiling at all the brits in the "non-euro" line at immigration... made me feel great, more like the wolrd became less rascist... On one side you had whites and on the other all the asian dudes. Damn felt great having some brits in the line.

Now the world's focus is on the whole Hillary-Trump debate...

|

9/30/2016 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2016 12:39 PM

I can't even believe all the Liberal and Democratic gun propaganda that's in this thread...

In 2013 8,454 people where "murdered" due to gun crime in the US (A majority in large low income "poverty" Metropolitan areas). (The US had a population of 316.5M in 2013)

In 2013 about 12,963 people died from HIV/ AIDS in the US.

Deaths from rifles, or so called "Assault Styled Rifles" are less than 400 a year. (compare that to the US population, but yet the left thinks it's the biggest threat to America)

Gun crime (and violent crime in general) has been coming down in the US for years, but unfortunately the lack of mental help and the media "glorifying" these small shit bags, isn't helping anything, or anyone.

What happened in Nice, Paris is a prime example that no matter what you try to restrict/ ban, it isn't going to do anything to stop mass death/ carnage.

|

10/1/2016 3:48 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

I can't even believe all the Liberal and Democratic gun propaganda that's in this thread...

In 2013 8,454 people where ...more

It's certainly not the biggest threat. But that's still a lot of innocent lives gone because of guns. How many of those people that are now dead were provoking it in some way? All the shootings in schools etc, and in Orlando, they were just normal every day people getting on with their lives. They weren't gang bangers. I'd like to see your reaction if a member of your family, or a friend, was shot unprovoked whilst just trying to get on with some normal every day activity.

All I'm saying is the laws should be a lot more strict, like they used to be here. In some states it's legal to carry a firearm, but as long as it's not concealed. That makes sense. No one's going to pull out a gun and shoot people if everyone's got their firearm on show. It also allows the police to see who's got a firearm. It shows that that person is aware that they have a firearm and that they have to make everyone else aware of it (by letting it be seen). If the laws were stricter, it would be a lot harder for any mentally unstable person to get a gun (yeah they could still get one, but having to wait would probably put them off).
How many little shops are robbed at gun point? Stricter laws would also make it a lot harder for known criminals to gain access to a gun. So they amount of armed robberies would drop. Someone working in a liquor store shouldn't have to face having a gun pulled on them.
Have you ever witnessed a shooting? Have you ever feared for your life because someone's pulled a gun out and let off a couple of rounds in a public place? For some people that happens every day, they shouldn't have to put up with that.

But, if someone goes through all the clearing procedures, learns gun control, learns how to look after their firearm, and shows the respect they should have to. Yeah, let them carry a weapon. It could save their life, and other people's lives.
Although, you could just ban firearms altogether, and these shootings would practically stop

|

10/1/2016 5:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2016 6:23 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's certainly not the biggest threat. But that's still a lot of innocent lives gone because of guns. How many of those people ...more

Yes to both of your questions...

I lost one of my best friends I made when moving to Memphis late 2014. I was (and still to this day) devastated, that he was shot and killed minding his own business at a red light. Do I blame the gun? Nope. The individual who pulled the trigger "knowingly" is the only one I blame.

I've also been in loud crowded areas a couple of times, when people choose to fire indiscriminately (for no reason)... Do I blame the guns? Nope.

Open carry (that you mentioned) is one of the dumbest things you can do in America. 99.8% of people who legally conceal carry, never go noticed by the population and 99.8% of the time never have to use it, or pull it out in there life time. We as Americans know that violence can happen anytime and anywhere, regardless of stickers, or signs that are Politicians choose to erect, or laws that violate are freedoms/ Amendments they choose to push on the American people.

Also, I completely agree that every life lost is a travesty, but human beings kill and they will always kill, regardless of weapons/ motive. Making the large percent of "Law Abiding Second Amendment" owners in the US "Victims", because Mayors, Governors, Politicians and the President refuse to acknowledged the lack of mental help, or refuse to take back there cities (Chicago especially). Is the real reason why we have thousands of needless gun and hand-to-hand violence in America (Which again is at an all time low).

Foreigners just don't understand, because your "Rulers" have brainwashed you into believing that your life isn't worth protecting, but there life is...

Banning vehicles would hands down save more lives than trying to ban guns... Do you think Americans are that dumb? We've seen the weapon bans/ buy backs in Europe and Australia... All the guns turned in look like antiques, or are broken... Do you really think if a ban was put into place more than 1% of America's firearms would be turned over? The Government can't even keep track of there own weapons let alone the entire American population's.

The biggest thing everyone refuses to believe is "Deterrent". An armed populist is a deterrent for crime and murder, just like Nuke's where designed to be a "Deterrent" for full scale wars after WW2. The Second Amendment is a "Deterrent" for anyone Foreign, or Domestic trying to dictate/ control Americans like they have done elsewhere around the world and are still doing.

I honestly don't have anything else to say, because I could literally type for day's... If people don't like guns? Don't buy them. Don't like the Freedoms of America? Move. Quite trying to force the majority of knowledgeable Law Abiding Second Amendment owners/ supporters, false information based on people who know "absolutely" nothing about firearms, or ballistics.

|

10/1/2016 3:28 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

In 2013 8,454 people where ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

It's certainly not the biggest threat. But that's still a lot of innocent lives gone because of guns. How many of those people ...more

Bryan91 wrote:

Yes to both of your questions...

I lost one of my best friends I made when moving to Memphis late 2014. I was (and still to ...more

I'll keep this short as I want to go to bed, and I'm not trying to change your mind, just give my opinion.
You lost a friend, that's shitty. You don't blame the gun itself but the individual carrying it, which makes sense. But what if that person didn't have a gun in the first place?
There's a lot of guns in America, and no one knows who has what. That in itself is a massive problem that stricter laws could change.

The guns my dad lost several hundreds of pounds on certainly weren't antiques.

Obviously it's hard for someone that doesn't live in America to understand your gun culture. It just seems ridiculously easy to get a firearm over there. It shouldn't be everyone's right to carry a firearm if they don't know what they're doing, or they intend to use it in a malicious way. Times have changed a lot since those laws were written, I think that needs to be taken into consideration.

|

10/1/2016 6:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2016 6:22 PM

brits shouldnt talk about american politics when they have to suck on their queens tit and ask for permission to do anything, theres a reason why we seperated from yo dumbasses real talk, fuck the uk and fuck england, i also support the IRA, NO BRITISH RULE.

more people are killed by hammers each year than rifles.

we have the 2nd amendment which is a right. you dont and we. wont go down without a fight

and yes more guns = less crime. because if you know someone is armed are you going to rob them or the guy that isnt armed, criminals go after weak people. then again no one really thinks england is smart anyway

|

10/3/2016 5:07 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

brits shouldnt talk about american politics when they have to suck on their queens tit and ask for permission to do anything, ...more

Haha typical pro gun attitude. If you can't even understand the positive affect stricter laws could have, then it's you who is the dumbass.

I'm not entitled to voice my opinion on your politics, yet you're allowed to voice your opinion on Britain, in a negative way? You fucking spastic

|

10/3/2016 9:54 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Haha typical pro gun attitude. If you can't even understand the positive affect stricter laws could have, then it's you who is ...more

i will literally hunch over and drop a fat shit on your nations flag and wipe my ass with pictures of your queen, keep john elton we dont want your queen

|

10/3/2016 10:58 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

brits shouldnt talk about american politics when they have to suck on their queens tit and ask for permission to do anything, ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

Haha typical pro gun attitude. If you can't even understand the positive affect stricter laws could have, then it's you who is ...more

JonnyGanja wrote:

i will literally hunch over and drop a fat shit on your nations flag and wipe my ass with pictures of your queen, keep john ...more

Fill your boots. I'm not patriotic. I couldn't care less about the queen.
Patriotism is something I've never understood, being born in a country isn't an achievement, I don't get how someone can be proud of something they didn't put any effort into doing.

|

10/3/2016 3:52 PM

"every time straight people get murdered do all the straight couples out their flood to take pictures of them kissing like these gay people started doing after the shooting on social media ? Posting about where they're all going to meet for a gathering for whatever their next occasion is ?"

No, because straight people aren't killed purely for being straight. Ever. They do however have vigils, and protests in many cases-depending on how the victim was taken out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/6/2016 8:59 AM

When is this damn American election anyways you guys drag that shit out way too long , just get trump elected president and be over with it already

|

10/6/2016 12:23 PM

eskimojay wrote:

When is this damn American election anyways you guys drag that shit out way too long , just get trump elected president and be ...more

next month, and im hoping people are smart enough to vote for johnson

|

10/6/2016 12:43 PM

Who's Johnson ?

|

10/6/2016 5:16 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Who's Johnson ?

The one that's not trump or hillary

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

10/7/2016 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2016 9:34 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Who's Johnson ?

gary johnson, libertarian, pro drug legalization, pro firearms, less government, over all pro freedom and no to wars, always blazed, 2 term governor that turned took his state out of debt and had money left over after building schools and hospitals, guy i voted for in 2012 and has my vote again and yea has a chance this time because 2 scumbags are running

[youtube]

[/youtube]
|

10/8/2016 8:25 AM

He says no to wars ? Your country goes around invading foreign countries and you guys are just magically going to pull out of them and expect no retaliation ? That doesn't sound like a good idea

|