Looking to get a pistol... Suggestions?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2013 5:09 PM

Really wanting a pistol. Hoping to carry it on me in the near future.

Looking at a 1911 and what I believe is a c9. Anything you guys recommend? (I am not a gun guy, so I don't really care about specs... Just want one for protection.)

Main reason I ask is because of the BS posts that have been in the general thread all day.

|

Bike-curious.

1/16/2013 7:00 PM

uzi

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

1/16/2013 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2013 7:32 PM

Are you looking for a conceal carry just home defense? I carry a Glock 22 .40 in my car and take it into the house whenever i get home... its too big for a conceal carry though. I plan on getting a kahr arms p380 soon. Very nice piece. Personally im not a fan of 1911 style pistols. If you are i wouldnt get anything except a kimber. If you only want home defense, get a glock or springfield xd. Both are extremely reliable, well rounded, and affordable.

|

1/16/2013 8:28 PM

If its your first handgun I would suggest a glock. If you are trying to get one for concealed carry then I would say a glock 19 (9mm). If you just want one for at home then a glock 22 (.40 caliber) would be great as well.
I admit that 1911's are super cool looking guns, however if you are wanting to e carrying almost all the time (which i suggest if you get a permit) then a 1911 will be too bulky and annoying. Remember that handguns arnt a fashion show.

|

1/16/2013 11:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2013 11:19 PM

I was in the market for a pistol too but around here right now it seems like everybody is going crazy and buying everything up after the shootings and talks of gun restrictions. I went into two stores the other day looking for a box of .22 ammo and neither one had any which i never expected. Their gun selection was also very slim compared to what it normally is. Supposedly theres a nationwide shortage. Hopefully things will get back to normal when this shit blows over.

|

1/17/2013 1:16 AM

I competitivly shoot pistols, but for a concealed weapon i would suggest a glock 17 or 19.

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/17/2013 4:53 AM

Get a 1911

|

1/17/2013 6:07 PM

Looking into glocks now, thanks guys!

|

Bike-curious.

1/17/2013 9:44 PM

DillonMotoX wrote:

Glocks are arguably the most reliable gun. you can drop it in mud and it will still shoot, freeze it, shoot it, cook it, it will still work.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/18/2013 3:23 AM

if you really want something cool, see if you can get your hands on an apache pistol
.38 special
1911s are sick
and R8s are pretty kewl too(now theyre considered an assault revolver/weapon in ny lol) so its fucking illegal herejsut because it holds 8 rounds

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/18/2013 10:37 AM

DillonMotoX wrote:

Sharpy wrote:

Glocks are arguably the most reliable gun. you can drop it in mud and it will still shoot, freeze it, shoot it, cook it, it will still work.

I agree with sharpy, a glock is the way to go for a good reliable first pistol

|

1/18/2013 3:00 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

if you really want something cool, see if you can get your hands on an apache pistol
.38 special
1911s are sick
and R8s are pretty kewl too(now theyre considered an assault revolver/weapon in ny lol) so its fucking illegal herejsut because it holds 8 rounds

Thats hilarious because something is illegal in america but not australia.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/18/2013 6:50 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

.38 special
1911s are sick

Sharpy wrote:

only in new york man, and it might be getting gotten rid of... theres some organizations pushing that its a constitutional violation, which makes it void

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

1/19/2013 3:24 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

.38 special
1911s are sick

Sharpy wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

only in new york man, and it might be getting gotten rid of... theres some organizations pushing that its a constitutional violation, which makes it void

Thats good then, because seriously, if someone wants to kill another person or group of people it will happen. plain and simple. thats just how it is.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/19/2013 9:18 AM

Sharpy wrote:

Thats good then, because seriously, if someone wants to kill another person or group of people it will happen. plain and simple. thats just how it is.

exactly. But the funny thing is that with the black market here in the US it isnt hard at all to get any type of gun you want if your going to be killing someone. I dont know why people think that the criminals who are killing people are going to take the time to meet the standard of the law when purchasing their weapon... all they are doing is limiting the good citizens who just want to protect themselves and those around them.

|

1/19/2013 10:01 PM

Get a desert eagle or a smith n wesson 500

|

1/19/2013 11:00 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Get a desert eagle or a smith n wesson 500

no get the 600 nitro express revolver you pussy

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/21/2013 2:04 AM

you guys should also share thisaround on sites and such

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

|

1/22/2013 4:28 AM

Mini gun that sort ya out

|

1/27/2013 12:36 PM

I shot my uncles Glock 22 last night. Man that thing is so fun. I think I am officially a believe of the .40 caliber. Its perfect. It has enough bang to keep things interesting and to stop anyone robbing your house. But its also tame enough to be accurate and reasonable. I suggest any glocks that are .40's!

|

1/28/2013 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2013 8:54 AM

maybe go down to the local firing range and try out a few, it is cheap and well worth the exposure. Everything from kickback to loading style will be things that are best considered with options in hand. There will be a ton of insight at a firing range about defense weapons & state gun regulations.

It's kinda generic, but a common practice is to do 3 months of shooting at a gun range to familiarize yourself with all the aspects of the weapons up for consideration. Plus & most importantly, you'll get a solid idea of which gun you're most accurate with...

I use a 44 special snubnose

ed: there, their, they're...

|

United0Cult0

1/28/2013 5:43 PM

Red Ryder bitch

|

Phone # 925 353 6162
Bought from: hookjrclc, scramhype, tito24, howlerfbm, pavimo, bmxkitten, others
Traded with: Kroller, the Balt, trentydoo

1/28/2013 10:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2013 10:28 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

I shot my uncles Glock 22 last night. Man that thing is so fun. I think I am officially a believe of the .40 caliber. Its perfect. It has enough bang to keep things interesting and to stop anyone robbing your house. But its also tame enough to be accurate and reasonable. I suggest any glocks that are .40's!

Exactly... its right in between. Has more than enough "stopping power" if need be, and its cheaper to shoot than a .45. I keep mine loaded with federal hydra shok hollow points, so stopping someone shouldnt be a problem smile The cool thing also about it is you can get a conversion kit and it will basically turn the glock 22 into a glock 17(9mm). So if you want to go shoot for fun at the range and just waste ammo, it is way cheaper.

|

1/30/2013 3:40 PM

Bmx-junkie wrote:

Red Ryder bitch

I lost it hahahaha

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

1/30/2013 3:52 PM

I am a fan of Springfield XD series my self.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

2/4/2013 11:08 AM

If your still looking check out a Ruger SR9, those look awesome

|

2/4/2013 11:38 AM

Look into Glock! they are amazing and are soooooo reliable!

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

2/5/2013 2:19 AM

Droogskull wrote:

This is war!!! im a glock shooter

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

2/5/2013 1:15 PM

Droogskull wrote:

Sharpy wrote:

This is war!!! im a glock shooter

lol glock ftw! Im actually considering picking up a the xd 9mm compact over a glock 26. My neighbor just picked one up and its actually really nice. Plus its cheaper!

|

2/5/2013 2:45 PM

Photo
|