Military

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2013 6:21 AM

So im really debating on wether or not to join the army
i just have alot of questions about the army and the whole applying process, if anyone knows anything that might help me out any input will be appreciated,
please, no nonsense posts

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 6:29 AM

What do you want to know about it? Applying is a major pain in the dick, apparently. I can't things of the places, aha. Its too early. But yeah, go for it. I'm considering Army or Navy. Probably in like 3-4 years. I'm leaning on Army, but I come from a long line of Navy family members so I'm gonna take a lot of shit for it.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

2/26/2013 6:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 6:38 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

What do you want to know about it? Applying is a major pain in the dick, apparently. I can't things of the places, aha. Its too early. But yeah, go for it. I'm considering Army or Navy. Probably in like 3-4 years. I'm leaning on Army, but I come from a long line of Navy family members so I'm gonna take a lot of shit for it.

What do you mean by applying is a pain in the dick? ive applied before but that was before i graduated, so i couldnt do it until i had graduated, im most deffinatly going with army

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 7:26 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

What do you want to know about it? Applying is a major pain in the dick, apparently. I can't things of the places, aha. Its too early. But yeah, go for it. I'm considering Army or Navy. Probably in like 3-4 years. I'm leaning on Army, but I come from a long line of Navy family members so I'm gonna take a lot of shit for it.

joeben wrote:

What do you mean by applying is a pain in the dick? ive applied before but that was before i graduated, so i couldnt do it until i had graduated, im most deffinatly going with army

But you might die

|

2/26/2013 7:41 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

But you might die

Sunny, WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NONSENSE POSTS

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 7:43 AM

joeben wrote:

What do you mean by applying is a pain in the dick? ive applied before but that was before i graduated, so i couldnt do it until i had graduated, im most deffinatly going with army

sunny.jomofo wrote:

But you might die

joeben wrote:

Sunny, WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NONSENSE POSTS

I'm serious. Aren't you worried?

|

2/26/2013 7:52 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

I'm serious. Aren't you worried?

I'm also serious, you really think if i was worried about dying i would be thinkin about joining the military?
there is your only answer please just leave this to people that have experience not just nonsense things to say

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 7:53 AM

I mean your risking your life, and if the past decade has been any indication, you'll be risking it for nothing but a couple of gallons of oil! Joining the military isn't as fun as the movies and recruitment ads make it seem.
Think of your family and loved ones you'll be leaving behind and they will probably be worried sick about you.

IMHO. It's not worth it!

|

2/26/2013 8:05 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

I mean your risking your life, and if the past decade has been any indication, you'll be risking it for nothing but a couple of gallons of oil! Joining the military isn't as fun as the movies and recruitment ads make it seem.
Think of your family and loved ones you'll be leaving behind and they will probably be worried sick about you.

IMHO. It's not worth it!

For one, you dont know how the U.S military is, you dont live here.
two, both my moms real dad and step dad are veitnam veterans, i get alot of support from them, i wont be risking my life for a couple of gallons of oil, ill be risking my life tryin to support my family and have a carreer that ill enjoy, sorry but sitting behind a computer all day doesnt suit me at all.
3, ive just answered this and i answered it agian, please gtfo my thread, you dont live here you dont know how it goes and you dont have experience after this i will be ignoring you because your perspective on this matter doesnt make any difference nor does it matter

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 8:22 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

I mean your risking your life, and if the past decade has been any indication, you'll be risking it for nothing but a couple of gallons of oil! Joining the military isn't as fun as the movies and recruitment ads make it seem.
Think of your family and loved ones you'll be leaving behind and they will probably be worried sick about you.

IMHO. It's not worth it!

joeben wrote:

For one, you dont know how the U.S military is, you dont live here.
two, both my moms real dad and step dad are veitnam veterans, i get alot of support from them, i wont be risking my life for a couple of gallons of oil, ill be risking my life tryin to support my family and have a carreer that ill enjoy, sorry but sitting behind a computer all day doesnt suit me at all.
3, ive just answered this and i answered it agian, please gtfo my thread, you dont live here you dont know how it goes and you dont have experience after this i will be ignoring you because your perspective on this matter doesnt make any difference nor does it matter

Well then tell me how it works?

I have family members in the us and I know how it "works".
And I bet you there are a dozens if other ways you can support your family and have a career you'll enjoy without risking your life.

But it's your life, if you want to waste it go on ahead.
Since you want positive advice, then I suggest you look into joining the Air Force or Navy.

Marines are OTT and the Army is too much dirty work.

|

2/26/2013 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 9:20 AM

what questions you got brah? ive been looking into joining for a while so i know a decent bit about it... i did almost join during the summer, but i decided to finish school first because they didnt have anything i wanted open to offer or whatever... only difference was it was the marines not the army, but i doubt theres much difference in the process for signing up wor whatever, either way, i have friends in every branch so so i could ask them for you


and what the hell does OTT mean?

and navy is probably what id go with over the army, you get to see more, your deployments are better too... and "boot camp" is a couple weeks shorter

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/26/2013 2:42 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

what questions you got brah? ive been looking into joining for a while so i know a decent bit about it... i did almost join during the summer, but i decided to finish school first because they didnt have anything i wanted open to offer or whatever... only difference was it was the marines not the army, but i doubt theres much difference in the process for signing up wor whatever, either way, i have friends in every branch so so i could ask them for you


and what the hell does OTT mean?

and navy is probably what id go with over the army, you get to see more, your deployments are better too... and "boot camp" is a couple weeks shorter

I just have like the basic questions, how much will i get paid during boot camp, from what you said about when you almost signed up but they didnt have anything open to offer anything that you liked, how does that work?
and ignore sunny, this is not a thread that he is going to take completely downhill with him

I dont really mind about how long boot camp is because if im not mistaken thats more you get paid.

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 3:21 PM

Idk i guess i was really thinking maybe Chuck or SBC would chime in, idk which one but i know for sure one of them was in the army, its just easier asking people who have had personal experience with the matter

But thanks for your input, im still on the fence just because im practically clueless about what you do and shit, ive looked around on google a bit but its all different and most of it is from peope that havent even been in the army.
anywho have you been told about how much you get paid during boot camp?

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 4:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 4:19 PM

hey, i'm here to answer any questions as far as anything Army goes....start over and i'll answer them individually.

|

2/26/2013 4:47 PM

alright my 1st question is how long is boot camp and how does it work.

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 4:50 PM

Basic is 9 weeks but you have a weeks worth of in-processing before you even get on the bus to start training.
Directly after BCT (basic combat training) you'll either go home for a weekend or you'll go right to AIT, depends on when the next AIT (Advanced Individual Training) class goes through circulation.

|

2/26/2013 4:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 4:53 PM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Well then tell me how it works?

I have family members in the us and I know how it "works".
And I bet you there are a dozens if other ways you can support your family and have a career you'll enjoy without risking your life.

But it's your life, if you want to waste it go on ahead.
Since you want positive advice, then I suggest you look into joining the Air Force or Navy.

Marines are OTT and the Army is too much dirty work.

the military life isn't a waste of life, i mean it's better than sitting your fat ass on the internet and i'm sure you don't make half the money in a month that a PVT in the military makes...but honestly with your attitude you'd get your ass whooped daily and they'd end up kicking you out...and i know your fat ass can't run no 2 miles or even do the basic fitness tests that women have to do.

|

2/26/2013 4:57 PM

sbc785 wrote:

the military life isn't a waste of life, i mean it's better than sitting your fat ass on the internet and i'm sure you don't make half the money in a month that a PVT in the military makes...but honestly with your attitude you'd get your ass whooped daily and they'd end up kicking you out...and i know your fat ass can't run no 2 miles or even do the basic fitness tests that women have to do.

This brings me to my next question, what usually goes on in basic like the exersices you have to do, also im not a very outgoing person, put me in a crowd of people that i dont know one bit and i dont talk and just get nervous as hell. does a person get used to this after awhile?

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 5:02 PM

joeben wrote:

This brings me to my next question, what usually goes on in basic like the exersices you have to do, also im not a very outgoing person, put me in a crowd of people that i dont know one bit and i dont talk and just get nervous as hell. does a person get used to this after awhile?

BCT is just them working you like a dog to get you into shape and teaching you the basics of the Military life. I've seen guys who were motivated go from 250+ pounds to around 180 in just 9 weeks. It's VERY vigorous training and if you don't pass the PT tests then they try sending you to fat camp (it's this course that drops you from BCT, trains you harder and then recirculates you back into the next rotation of BCT). If you still can't pass a PT test after fat camp then they just send you home.
As for being quiet, you're not the only one. You'll go through BCT with about 40 other guys in your platoon and most BCT courses have 4 platoons all in one rotation. You may be quiet now but once you loosen up it's actually pretty enjoyable...i mean you get paid to do cool shit.

|

2/26/2013 5:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 5:16 PM

sbc785 wrote:

BCT is just them working you like a dog to get you into shape and teaching you the basics of the Military life. I've seen guys who were motivated go from 250+ pounds to around 180 in just 9 weeks. It's VERY vigorous training and if you don't pass the PT tests then they try sending you to fat camp (it's this course that drops you from BCT, trains you harder and then recirculates you back into the next rotation of BCT). If you still can't pass a PT test after fat camp then they just send you home.
As for being quiet, you're not the only one. You'll go through BCT with about 40 other guys in your platoon and most BCT courses have 4 platoons all in one rotation. You may be quiet now but once you loosen up it's actually pretty enjoyable...i mean you get paid to do cool shit.

lol. well im a bit worried about BCT because im in bad shape i can probably fix that but im afraid its gonna be just completely brutal because im in such bad shape

and that last sentence makes me wanna do it lol.
EDIT. im like 5"11' and 150 lbs. im not in terrible shape but i know i cant run no 2 miles

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 5:15 PM

i've seen complete fat bodies do it, it takes heart and determination but it's highly rewarding in the end

|

2/26/2013 5:26 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i've seen complete fat bodies do it, it takes heart and determination but it's highly rewarding in the end

well i have to say you have really showed me that my fears are just that, fears.
im gonna ponder on it a bit more in the next week or two and ill let you know what i decide,
but meanwhile, do you recall about how much you made the entire time you were in BCT

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2013 5:33 PM

eh, like $1400 a month if you go in as a E1. Check out a pay chart:

http://www.navycs.com/2013-military-pay-chart.html

there are ways you can go in as an E2 or E3 if you talk to your recruiter about it.

Also, this is just your base pay, the pay will rise if you're married or if you deploy (which you'll see a significant raise in pay if you get hazard pay as well). Being an E4 and married in Iraq i was bringing home like $4k a month (roughly).

|

2/26/2013 5:41 PM

itd be so cool to be in demolitions and blow shit up

|

2/26/2013 5:47 PM

sbc785 wrote:

eh, like $1400 a month if you go in as a E1. Check out a pay chart:

http://www.navycs.com/2013-military-pay-chart.html

there are ways you can go in as an E2 or E3 if you talk to your recruiter about it.

Also, this is just your base pay, the pay will rise if you're married or if you deploy (which you'll see a significant raise in pay if you get hazard pay as well). Being an E4 and married in Iraq i was bringing home like $4k a month (roughly).

damn thats not too bad man. i think thats the way to go for me ive tried other things but they just get too boring or have tons of positives and one big negative in that field.
Sbc thanks for your help man, may i ask what AIT you chose?

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 5:50 PM

i went as a 13B (artillery) just because when you deploy you can go over as any combat oriented MOS since we haven't used artillery in Afghanistan since like 2005.
The military has pretty much the same jobs that are in the civilian world. If you have any college experience then you can put it towards your time in the military and you can even go officer if you have like 30 hours of college.

|

2/26/2013 6:05 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i went as a 13B (artillery) just because when you deploy you can go over as any combat oriented MOS since we haven't used artillery in Afghanistan since like 2005.
The military has pretty much the same jobs that are in the civilian world. If you have any college experience then you can put it towards your time in the military and you can even go officer if you have like 30 hours of college.

Damn thats smart, what do you think the chances of me getting deployed would be, id like to get deployed, yes i know ill get hammered on for saying that but to me its what being in the army is about.
I dont have any college or higher education so that wouldnt help.
I just want to go and do something i know ill enjoy and maybe get deployed

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 6:12 PM

I joined the military just to get deployed, but even if you do get deployed you probably wont even hear a single shot fired unless you're in a medical or combat MOS (unless your FOB/base gets mortared). The chances you get deployed are at like 80% right now even though Obama said he wants half the troops out by the end of next year (which i doubt). Right now our country is so chin deep in shit that you could get deployed anywhere, i have friends who deployed to Africa and i have friends who are deploying to UAE next month for 9 months. I think your chances at getting sent to Korea are higher to be honest, I never got to go there but i have plenty of friends who have and it's pretty much like getting stationed here except your immersed in Asian culture.

|

2/26/2013 6:25 PM

sbc785 wrote:

I joined the military just to get deployed, but even if you do get deployed you probably wont even hear a single shot fired unless you're in a medical or combat MOS (unless your FOB/base gets mortared). The chances you get deployed are at like 80% right now even though Obama said he wants half the troops out by the end of next year (which i doubt). Right now our country is so chin deep in shit that you could get deployed anywhere, i have friends who deployed to Africa and i have friends who are deploying to UAE next month for 9 months. I think your chances at getting sent to Korea are higher to be honest, I never got to go there but i have plenty of friends who have and it's pretty much like getting stationed here except your immersed in Asian culture.

Yeah thats the main reason i want to enlist, i know several people that enlist and didnt want to get deployed and there just using the fact that there in the army for respect and whatnot. Pointless IMO. I wouldnt mind getting deployed to Korea or Africa along with some other countries, i have always wanted to travel around the world so this would also be an opportunity i could experience that. Im with you on what you said about Obama, honestly i think hes going to cause WW3. It helps that im not in a relationship, my family would miss me but they have already stated that they think i should do it, as i said earlier my moms real dad and step dad are both NAM vets but my moms step dad doesnt talk about it and competely shuts down when you bring it up, i think he may have alot of regret in things that he did over there or have trauma that he cannot overcome. still my moms real dad fully supports me and says the only bad thing about it would be the governments intentions on there mission they are deploying you for.

|

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

2/26/2013 6:31 PM

Honestly if i had to do it all over again i would have went Air Force...soooooo many more opportunities and it's such a better branch of the military if you wanna travel.

|