Military

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2016 4:55 PM

Now i know i'm not exactly a common face on the forum anymore but i was curious as to your guys's thoughts and input. I have decided to join the navy. Plain and simple. I'm going in under the DEP program so i can enlist in the next few months. And then as soon as high school finishes i ship out immediately. Whats your guys's opinions on it? I highly doubt ill find anybody who's served on the forums, but anybody who's served, serving, or planning on serving i would appreciate some input.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/4/2016 5:26 PM

Active duty Marine here. What do you want to know about? I serve with a lot of sailors...

|

Smoke Drink Die

2/4/2016 5:37 PM

Why?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/4/2016 8:24 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Active duty Marine here. What do you want to know about? I serve with a lot of sailors...

What are some tips to getting on your higher ups' good side. Basically kissing ass to make rank asap

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/5/2016 10:39 AM

Navy ranks differently than Marines but in a good way for you. Yall get promoted pretty fast to E-4 and E-5, sometimes even E-6 from what I've seen. Just learn your job and be proficient at it. Navy PT standards are easy as hell so you should be striving for max scores on all PT test. Don't do anything illegal to get you into trouble. Anybody can make one mistake and lose their entire career in the military pretty easily.

So,
1. Learn your job and be good at it
2. PT
3. Don't get caught being dumb

|

Smoke Drink Die

2/5/2016 12:54 PM

Not a military man myself, BUT I know a lot of dudes who are. Do better than your best, strive to improve at all tasks, listen to your commanding officers, and be willing to bust as much ass as possible.

Also be safe man.

What made you decide to join the military?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/5/2016 1:45 PM

Hey man, i am going in as well. I am going Army but i plan on enlisting and going the direct commission route. If your like me your doing alot of cardio, pullups, and pushups.

I wouldn't say ass kissing is the way to go. Everyone who wants to move up is an ass kisser. You want to be dependable above all things, the guy who in difficult situations is rock solid. Follow orders and strive to be the best guy around. Don't get content or complacent but set the precedent. Be intelligent and receptive, but not a know it all. From what i gather the key (atleast in bootcamp) is to not stick out like a sore thumb.

Colony is a Marine, is this information about right?

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/5/2016 3:37 PM

Bootcamp wise, be a ghost. I made it almost all the way to the end without my drill instructors even knowing me.

|

Smoke Drink Die

2/5/2016 6:50 PM

Haha that's my goal.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

4/9/2016 10:01 AM

nothing worse than becoming a mercenary for a satanic government definitely a bad choice, while you think you are fighting for freedom (laughs) you aren't really doing shit no one has fought for freedom in this shit hole country since the civil war people just sit by while new retarded laws get passed every year this country losers more and more so called freedom but in reality its so fucked we are all salary slaves tothe rich

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

4/13/2016 10:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2016 10:35 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

nothing worse than becoming a mercenary for a satanic government definitely a bad choice, while you think you are fighting for freedom (laughs) you aren't really doing shit no one has fought for freedom in this shit hole country since the civil war people just sit by while new retarded laws get passed every year this country losers more and more so called freedom but in reality its so fucked we are all salary slaves tothe rich

If that's your opinion then by all means, I encourage you to move to a 3rd world country, eat one meal a day, sleep next to an open sewer, and die early from an easily preventable disease. Or get beaten to death by an angry mob, because youre an asshole that nobody wants around. The rest of the world won't miss you a bit.

|

4/13/2016 6:51 PM

loosegrips wrote:

If that's your opinion then by all means, I encourage you to move to a 3rd world country, eat one meal a day, sleep next to an open sewer, and die early from an easily preventable disease. Or get beaten to death by an angry mob, because youre an asshole that nobody wants around. The rest of the world won't miss you a bit.

Are you one of those people that use Wd_40 on their grips cause you sure do sound like it

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

4/13/2016 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2016 7:40 PM

loosegrips wrote:

Are you one of those people that use Wd_40 on their grips cause you sure do sound like it

I would enjoy meeting you in person. In the meantime, go fuck yourself.

|

4/13/2016 7:47 PM

loosegrips wrote:

loosegrips wrote:

I would enjoy meeting you in person. In the meantime, go fuck yourself.

More than likely you would considering i am a very enjoyable person

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

4/15/2016 1:11 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Bootcamp wise, be a ghost. I made it almost all the way to the end without my drill instructors even knowing me.

I was thinking bout doing military at some point.

how does one go about being a ghost? just curious

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/15/2016 10:19 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

sit down shut the fuck up and listen thats how. do it right the first time. seriously

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/16/2016 7:06 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

sit down shut the fuck up and listen thats how. do it right the first time. seriously

Exactly. Anyone with common sense would be a ghost, but most of the dudes in bootcamp are straight out of highschool and have no bearing or sense of direction. They literally babysit you and if you're smart, you catch on quick.

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/17/2016 1:22 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Exactly. Anyone with common sense would be a ghost, but most of the dudes in bootcamp are straight out of highschool and have no bearing or sense of direction. They literally babysit you and if you're smart, you catch on quick.

werd. ill be a lil bit older that outta highschool if I end up goin for it. but yeah. still good to know

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/18/2016 11:05 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

werd. ill be a lil bit older that outta highschool if I end up goin for it. but yeah. still good to know

i have a friend in the IDF thats my age and hes like i understand why you dont like israel and "i hated being bossed around by some 18 year kid when im 10 years older than him"

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/18/2016 8:47 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

holy crap dude...that is TOTALLY my motto. The whole entire country needs a big dose of this!!! This might become a bumper sticker on my car!!! With "Johnny Ganja" underneath it. i would also love to put this on my syllabuses and stuff for school...but my job pays for my bike stuff so I don't want to lose that

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/26/2016 11:51 PM

Active duty navy seabee here, ask away

|

4/27/2016 9:59 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

holy crap dude...that is TOTALLY my motto. The whole entire country needs a big dose of this!!! This might become a bumper sticker on my car!!! With "Johnny Ganja" underneath it. i would also love to put this on my syllabuses and stuff for school...but my job pays for my bike stuff so I don't want to lose that

my staff sgt voice haha, this is some outtakes of some voice actin im doing for a video game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/agq122uf7tapgew/voiceactin.mp3

|

4/27/2016 10:50 AM

my dad was a Marine Corps drill sgt back in the 60's and 70's. Paris Island. I heard A LOT of that voice back then...and still even now sometimes...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/28/2016 8:44 AM

Drop bombs over Baghdad

Seriously though I've thought about it if I ever lose my good government job id probably join the military , someone's gotta shoot at those damn religious extremists

|

4/28/2016 2:46 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Navy ranks differently than Marines but in a good way for you. Yall get promoted pretty fast to E-4 and E-5, sometimes even E-6 from what I've seen. Just learn your job and be proficient at it. Navy PT standards are easy as hell so you should be striving for max scores on all PT test. Don't do anything illegal to get you into trouble. Anybody can make one mistake and lose their entire career in the military pretty easily.

So,
2. PT

E5 and E4 are easy depending on your rate(MOS), my rate it isn't so easy, I've done quite well in advancement exams, but it still took 5 attempts to get promoted to E4. Granted, my evaluation wasn't the greatest, but still. My advancement was 18-30% of those taking the exams getting promoted. There are other rates where one person, for said rate, gets promoted.
-Pt, like he said,
-Show up on time, with a good haircut, good shave, clean uniform
-Have some bearing, don't talk to superiors, or even peers, like they're your boys, till you've been there a while, and have a comfort level with people, but know when to stand up straight and address people accordingly.
-if you do anything, the whole command will know by lunch, and the whole base will by the end of the week. Know your friends and who you can trust, and don't hang out with the fucktards who are causing trouble, cause perception is a bitch
- don't drink and drive
-if she's been drinking, go home, not worth it
-work your ass off, and no matter how well you think you know your job, sit back, listen to your superiors, and how they say to do it, SOPs(standard operating procedures) are in place for a reason, not saying don't speak up, but be tactful, and respectful, follow orders
-you're a boot, don't act like it, don't buy a new car and get an anchor tattoo in "A" school, just don't, you'll be the butt of every joke. Don't

|

4/28/2016 2:47 PM

Oh, and boot camp is a joke, but study all that dep shot real well, you can leave boot E3

|

4/28/2016 6:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2016 6:20 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

So,
2. PT

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

E5 and E4 are easy depending on your rate(MOS), my rate it isn't so easy, I've done quite well in advancement exams, but it still took 5 attempts to get promoted to E4. Granted, my evaluation wasn't the greatest, but still. My advancement was 18-30% of those taking the exams getting promoted. There are other rates where one person, for said rate, gets promoted.
-Pt, like he said,
-Show up on time, with a good haircut, good shave, clean uniform
-Have some bearing, don't talk to superiors, or even peers, like they're your boys, till you've been there a while, and have a comfort level with people, but know when to stand up straight and address people accordingly.
-if you do anything, the whole command will know by lunch, and the whole base will by the end of the week. Know your friends and who you can trust, and don't hang out with the fucktards who are causing trouble, cause perception is a bitch
- don't drink and drive
-if she's been drinking, go home, not worth it
-work your ass off, and no matter how well you think you know your job, sit back, listen to your superiors, and how they say to do it, SOPs(standard operating procedures) are in place for a reason, not saying don't speak up, but be tactful, and respectful, follow orders
-you're a boot, don't act like it, don't buy a new car and get an anchor tattoo in "A" school, just don't, you'll be the butt of every joke. Don't

Did You just say if she's been drinking go home not worth it ?

I'm not all stoked to get chicks drunk and go after it but shit if opportunity arises get in that , put down down your bible, live fast, hail Satan, and don't knock the lady up

|

4/28/2016 6:46 PM

I've seen enough guys sent up for "rape" because a hungover chick didn't like her drink choices the night before,

|

4/28/2016 6:55 PM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

I've seen enough guys sent up for "rape" because a hungover chick didn't like her drink choices the night before,

Girls love to call rape even after giving consent. Lots of dudes get burned by that one. I've always told junior marines to find a girl with low mileage and marry her.

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/28/2016 6:57 PM

I knew a guy who liked to film his exploits, came in handy at court martial, he got off Scott free

|