Miserable with my job

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2016 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2016 7:42 PM

So I'm 15 years old. I work at this ice cream place, that is also a market/deli. I have to do stuff such as: take out the trash, clean tables, wash dishes, fill propane (this part is scary), cut lettuce/tomatoes/peppers, stock the refrigerator, and do any other work that needs to be done, including lifting heavy shit (this part sucks because I'm really skinny, I'm 6'0" and weigh 145 lbs). Honestly, I'm miserable at this job. I only applied here because it is extremely close to my house (like a 5 minute walk). I want to quit, but I need the money because I want to buy BMX parts and eventually a car. I want to work at Gamestop instead, but I have to be 16. I'm also considering working at a skate shop near my school (I go to a private school like 8 miles from my house) because I also skate a little, but it would be tough to get there during the summer or any school breaks because I don't live that close. What should I do? My dad won't let me quit right now because he says I already made a commitment to this job.

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

6/26/2016 7:23 PM

Suck it up , just wait till you get out of school and life starts , you think your job sucks now you haven't seen anything yet

|

6/26/2016 8:01 PM

Fight through it until you're 16, apply to all the places that are now open to you while still at your current job, then go there. Make sure your current employer knows you're leaving and give a 2 week notice. No point staying at your job longer than you need to if you're really that miserable.

|

6/27/2016 6:48 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Suck it up , just wait till you get out of school and life starts , you think your job sucks now you haven't seen anything yet ...more

THIS

dont quit just power through your job and focus on school do well so you get a nice cushy office manager job when you get older.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/27/2016 11:25 AM

MAKE it fun. Sounds impossible being 15 and all, but do it. Work hard and the money will follow.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/6/2016 9:01 PM

every job sucks better to lose your spirit now than later hehehoohooha

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/8/2016 9:58 PM

wait it out and apply at other places. dont quit the job until you have a new one lined up. suck it up man.

and always put in your two weeks. it looks good to do that. sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet mang

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "