Need a project. IDEAS!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2013 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 12:40 PM

I need to find something to do. Building bikes is too easy for me. My budget is like 250 $ I can find 13ft boats w/ trailer for that without a motor but then the problem is space. Go-karts are kinda easy for me and would be alot harder to store because a boat can stay under my car port a go kart cant because of theft. Im 15 but im not allowed to get a project car or a car until I get a job and have my license so thats out of the question. I need ideas. And I need a project but not something as big as a car. I CANT get a project car until I move out anyways so dont say "wait until you can get a car" etc. I used to build sub boxes and car audio stuff but thats not really my thing anymore since I dont own a car.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 8:28 PM

restore a boat. get a motor for it when ya can. row boats aren't that bad

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 9:10 PM

tomdon wrote:

restore a boat. get a motor for it when ya can. row boats aren't that bad

I was thinking that. I dont have a truck and dont have a tow hitch either. Ill have to buy a boat without my mom knowing either. Basically im just trying to think of other things under 250 I could restore. If I could buy a project car my budget would be about 800 $ but I have to set a limit for my self. Ideally a project car would be it but im not allowed and a boat is smaller than a car. An 8ft-10ft boat that has a trailer would be great. I like fishing so its even better.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 9:28 PM

tomdon wrote:

restore a boat. get a motor for it when ya can. row boats aren't that bad

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I was thinking that. I dont have a truck and dont have a tow hitch either. Ill have to buy a boat without my mom knowing either. Basically im just trying to think of other things under 250 I could restore. If I could buy a project car my budget would be about 800 $ but I have to set a limit for my self. Ideally a project car would be it but im not allowed and a boat is smaller than a car. An 8ft-10ft boat that has a trailer would be great. I like fishing so its even better.

Well shit there ya go. Trolling motors aren't too expensive. And if you have welding experience you could make a sort of custom rack for your different poles to rest on. You could make a comfier seat to relax on while you're waiting for a bite. Think outside the box. You can do alot with a boat

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 9:37 PM

A desktop tower
It's budget-able(doubt that's a word but you get it) and gives you lots of options on different parts, and it can always be made better
I'll see if I can think of more

|

2Hi throwaway



Anti-street?

NEWER VIDEO





TRV-950 Footy






Holy shit Chad Degroot posted in my Good porn thread!


VX all day(fixed, raw video, real shit)


Refs: Stayinonmagrind, Dee hos, Kevin Burnett

8/14/2013 9:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 9:55 PM

I was looking at building a racing mower but I dont think my mom would see a point in it. I found this boat for 25 $ lol but if I can learn how to do fiberglass to fix the like 1/2" hole on the bottom i would be getting a great deal. I think I can do a decent job on a boat especially when it comes to the powertrain. The only problem with this boat is seats, a motor & a trailer.
Photo

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 10:02 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I was looking at building a racing mower but I dont think my mom would see a point in it. I found this boat for 25 $ lol but if I can learn how to do fiberglass to fix the like 1/2" hole on the bottom i would be getting a great deal. I think I can do a decent job on a boat especially when it comes to the powertrain. The only problem with this boat is seats, a motor & a trailer.
Photo

Lol does it have a clean title? Or even one at all? seem's fishy and boats are just money pit's and i doubt anyone wants a pos boat. worth a shot thought if it's not stolen.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/14/2013 10:02 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I was looking at building a racing mower but I dont think my mom would see a point in it. I found this boat for 25 $ lol but if I can learn how to do fiberglass to fix the like 1/2" hole on the bottom i would be getting a great deal. I think I can do a decent job on a boat especially when it comes to the powertrain. The only problem with this boat is seats, a motor & a trailer.
Photo

Grab that. Fiberglass is really easy to work with. Seats arejust upholestry. Also easy. Not sure how you're gonna move it without a car tho lol

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 10:11 PM

Roqfan wrote:

A desktop tower
It's budget-able(doubt that's a word but you get it) and gives you lots of options on different parts, and it can always be made better
I'll see if I can think of more

Eh, im not very into computer stuff anymore. I used to be but I kinda stopped because I wanted the best of everything and couldnt afford it. Im also ALOT better at motorized things.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 10:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 10:41 PM

Nothing is said about the title at all. I mean im sure a rebuilt boat sells for more than a rebuilt go kart. I fixed some stuff on a go kart when I was 13 paid 150 and sold for 175. Put more than that in and took forever to sell.
@tomdon I could probably find one of my friends whod do it for the right price but thats kinda a big boat to fit where I need it to.

Hopefully I can find a way to go get something like this and repaint it and add a motor and some small additions. I really wanted more of a project but I guess I can always find something different I could trade it for after its all done. There was a boat that had a ton of potential but I cant find it anymore. It needed carpet, paint & a motor but It was 16ft.
Photo

Photo

Ofcourse then ill have to have atleast 10hp on either of those though.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 10:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 10:42 PM

I think now ive narrowed it down to either a go kart or a boat. Even though I wanted more of a longer project.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 10:51 PM

You have the #s on the side. call your local dmv and give them the #s. they won't tell you much but they will tell you if it's been in an accident of some sort or stolen.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 11:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2013 11:08 PM

Actually, fuck both of those boats.
First boat no motor comes with trailer clean title. 250 $
Photo
Second boat comes with everything no leaks trailer is rusty as hell & motor runs bad. The 2 main things I can do. 250 $ Clean title on everything.

Photo

@tomdon Thanks ill do that.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 11:07 PM

Second one for sure. It could be something simple to get it running again. And if you really want to waste time on it you could sand and paint the whole thing

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 11:12 PM

Wow, it really sucks spending my own money on big stuff. I didnt mind buying stuff for my bike. Its gonna be weird owning my own boat when im 15.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 11:13 PM

just as long as you know what boat stands for

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 11:17 PM

tomdon wrote:

Second one for sure. It could be something simple to get it running again. And if you really want to waste time on it you could sand and paint the whole thing

Yeah it runs just really bad. Im assuming itll probably be simple. Its about 30-45 min away from my house. Hopefully I find someone to help me get it.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 11:19 PM

tomdon wrote:

just as long as you know what boat stands for

Break out another thousand?

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/14/2013 11:21 PM

tomdon wrote:

just as long as you know what boat stands for

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Break out another thousand?

bingo

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 11:26 PM

tomdon wrote:

Second one for sure. It could be something simple to get it running again. And if you really want to waste time on it you could sand and paint the whole thing

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Yeah it runs just really bad. Im assuming itll probably be simple. Its about 30-45 min away from my house. Hopefully I find someone to help me get it.

Good luck. Hope it isn't a wallet eater

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/15/2013 7:19 PM

tomdon wrote:

Second one for sure. It could be something simple to get it running again. And if you really want to waste time on it you could sand and paint the whole thing

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Yeah it runs just really bad. Im assuming itll probably be simple. Its about 30-45 min away from my house. Hopefully I find someone to help me get it.

tomdon wrote:

Good luck. Hope it isn't a wallet eater

Boat was sold.
Just in case you were wondering about the boat I said had a lot of potential this is it. Its 18ft and my max is 13ft though.
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/15/2013 7:28 PM

Scoot with me mayn.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/15/2013 7:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2013 7:38 PM

Four wrote:

Scoot with me mayn.

If I could handle the embarrassment. Around here you ride a scooter and people throw shit out car windows at you. True story ive seen it happen lol. Plus, a boat is more of a timekiller and I can get back to fishing. I can also race my friend. About to die too. I cant swim for shit and im not buying lifejackets unless theyre cheap.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/15/2013 7:42 PM

Four wrote:

Scoot with me mayn.

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

If I could handle the embarrassment. Around here you ride a scooter and people throw shit out car windows at you. True story ive seen it happen lol. Plus, a boat is more of a timekiller and I can get back to fishing. I can also race my friend. About to die too. I cant swim for shit and im not buying lifejackets unless theyre cheap.

Haha I'm sure as fuck not riding a scooter in public just in the garage lol. I just need a decent used one under 250. I hate water, especially large bodies of it, pools are about as much as I can handle.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/15/2013 8:05 PM

Four wrote:

Scoot with me mayn.

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

If I could handle the embarrassment. Around here you ride a scooter and people throw shit out car windows at you. True story ive seen it happen lol. Plus, a boat is more of a timekiller and I can get back to fishing. I can also race my friend. About to die too. I cant swim for shit and im not buying lifejackets unless theyre cheap.

Four wrote:

Haha I'm sure as fuck not riding a scooter in public just in the garage lol. I just need a decent used one under 250. I hate water, especially large bodies of it, pools are about as much as I can handle.

I might be able to get you a scoot for under 250. I went in a speedboat and a pontoon boat. Hated the pontoon boat so much. The speedboat was ok I hated it at first but after a while it was fun. I was in a "jon boat" once and almost shit myself I felt like it was gonna flip but I kinda want one now. Hopefully I can buy a boat, carpet it, paint it & add some power, take it out a few times or many times then turn around and sell it at the beginning of a summer for double or triple depending how much I get one for. Plus, I really miss fishing because I havent fished in years. Bout to put a trailer hitch on my moms civic and call it a day.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/15/2013 10:42 PM

i'd go with a old dirt bike or 3 wheeler if i were you. i like your boat idea though but it's really useless if you don't have a way to haul it. and driving a boat is easy as fuck once you get it but it takes a while to get really good at it.

|

vital's redneck

8/16/2013 5:33 AM

Motorbikes,
RC airplanes,
RC cars,
RC helicopters.
Jet skis

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


8/16/2013 8:59 AM

BLRBMX wrote:

i'd go with a old dirt bike or 3 wheeler if i were you. i like your boat idea though but it's really useless if you don't have a way to haul it. and driving a boat is easy as fuck once you get it but it takes a while to get really good at it.

I set a limit for myself at 250. I can get a trailer for 50 $ boat itself for 100-150 if I look alot. And a motor for 50-100 if I look often enough. Then I gotta get a trailer hitch for my moms civic which is about 100 $ new. I cant find a older dirtbike for anything near that. Plus, I have no where to keep one it would get stolen a boat on the otherhand is big enough to keep under my carport and still clear my garage without sticking out. I might go and buy a go kart or something or a nitro rc but i want a project not just a toy.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/16/2013 9:01 AM

Build some model airplanes... Retards like that. I kid i kid

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/18/2013 4:37 PM

Build up a ridiculous car motor, so when you have a car, you can put a solid engine in it?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura