Need some advice? Anyone can participate (preferably older riders)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2013 6:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2013 6:56 PM

It's a bit hard to ask for advice pertaining other people. The beauty of asking advice over the internet is that it's in total anonymity and the chances of you ever running into the person who's asking for advice are slim. If the person this involves comes across this and comes to the conclusion it's about them I really wouldn't mind. I actually plan on having a chat about it. Anyways here comes my dilemma.

Met this dude rides bmx, i've ridden solo ever since I started so I got pretty stoked. He was new tried to teach him how to 180 now he wants to learn wallrides which is dope i'm more than glad to help him out. The first few times of riding with him I liked the dude (personality wise). He seems like he's got drive and seems like he can be a good friend, but appearances can be deceiving and friendships only last for so long. The point of friendships isn't to ponder on when it's going to end, instead enjoy the moments you experience through the friendship. So we sat down and started talking and him smoking weed came up (which I got nothing against, but I'm not necessarily for it either). I thought ok as long as he doesn't ask me to smoke it with him or anything. Then he tells me he's tried some hard drugs (then i thought fuck).

I guess I'm really asking what you guys think about the situation. Part of me wants to ride with the dude because he seems like he has potential. Part of me doesn't want to ride with the guy because of the drugs. I ain't trying to change him but I don't want to get caught up in shit like that. I've fought hard to be allowed to ride my bike, even harder to be allowed to have a voice of my own. I don't plan on losing my freedom anytime soon. I really don't know what to think about the topic which Is why I'm here. What do you guys think?

|

7/27/2013 7:00 PM

Drugs (Weed) aren't bad. What is worse is people killing themselve because they can't cope with life. Drugs allow people to cope, and provide sedation that prevents people from going balls out murder mode. Hard drugs, they're a stretch.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/27/2013 7:04 PM

But nonetheless, as long as you tell him that thr drugs have to take a back seat when your around him, everythings going to be alright. It just seems like you don't have a real grasp on "Drugs & Penalties". You have to understand that drugs dont automatically make your a trouble maker, and your almost never going to get yourself into any trouble you cant get yourself out of. Just because he smokes weed, you're not going tl become a part of a FBI sting and go to jail for life.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/27/2013 7:05 PM

Just because he smokes weed doesn't mean he is a bad person.. I've met cool people that do it.. It's not really that big of a deal i don't really know about hard drugs but i don't really think it matters unless he is a addict really it just comes down to if he is weak minded or not. I mean if he ask's you to do it with him just say "no". Not that big of a deal really.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/27/2013 7:18 PM

If your not into the shit then cool. I'm 23 and I only drink. None if the drug business. Just be honest with him and upfront. Let him know your not into tha kinda shit but you're still cool with him and still wanna be friends and ride. If he's not ok with that then walk away. Simple solution for a simple problem

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/27/2013 8:12 PM

Yeah I get what you're saying, don't put yourself in an uncomfortable situation or something like that. If you're not into that and want nothing to do with it, then don't be around it. I don't smoke or do drugs and don't associate with people that do, I just don't want to be around it. It's hard to find good friends, if you don't feel comfortable with someone don't be around them it's up to you man.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/27/2013 8:20 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah I get what you're saying, don't put yourself in an uncomfortable situation or something like that. If you're not into that and want nothing to do with it, then don't be around it. I don't smoke or do drugs and don't associate with people that do, I just don't want to be around it. It's hard to find good friends, if you don't feel comfortable with someone don't be around them it's up to you man.

Totally, I don't think I'm necessarily uncomfortable with it because he's never gotten high while I'm around, then again we haven't been riding for long. It just boggles my mind every now and again.

I just don't think getting high hinders a persons ability to be a friend.

|

7/27/2013 8:24 PM

Best thing to do would be to just tell him straight up, tell him like you said, your not trying to change him your just not comfortable with it and wont take part in it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/27/2013 8:26 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Totally, I don't think I'm necessarily uncomfortable with it because he's never gotten high while I'm around, then again we haven't been riding for long. It just boggles my mind every now and again.

I just don't think getting high hinders a persons ability to be a friend.

Yeah I mean I have friends who smoke but we don't really hangout anymore since that's all they want to do and really just different interests. But I don't dislike people who smoke as seen on vital there's a bunch of cool ass dudes who smoke. I'm not into drugs, if someone does hard drugs I don't want anything to do with them at all.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/1/2013 7:47 AM

If he's a cool dude, just tell him what you think and what your problem is. A good friendship starts by being honest I think. I've got a lot of friends smoking pot, but I don't and we're cool.

|

Gravity sucks

8/1/2013 11:41 AM

Just stay away from the drugs, people that do drugs need friends too, it'd be like telling a gay guy you can't be friends with him cause he's gay, sometimes you just can't help what you get wrapped up in. Maybe, he wants to change and you can help him, I wouldn't drop someone as a friend just cause of an addiction, I'd try to help and if he didn't want help then let him be, but just stay away from whatever he's addicted to. It's your choice and what not, but not to sound like a dick or anything, I understand where you're coming from, it's just a little shallow to drop someone as a friend cause they've made some bad decisions.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun