Nintendo Switch

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2017 6:27 PM

Alright nerds, who got one? I ditched work early to go grab one today haha. Got a switch and zelda collectors edition in some random shop. All the boxes are in Japanese too so its kind of cool when I go back to the states I can show off my Japanese switch

|

Smoke Drink Die

3/3/2017 6:12 PM

Nope.

I know a couple dudes with em.

I'll probably get an Xbox One or Ps4 sometime soonish.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/15/2017 3:33 PM

I'm sure they're all fun; what little gaming I do is on the PC

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

3/31/2017 3:49 AM

Buzzbegone wrote:

I'm sure they're all fun; what little gaming I do is on the PC

Same here, game on PC, I grew out of consoles when having them stopped making sense as they were pretty much the same experience, ps2/ps3 vs xbox360, ps4 vs xbox one, their both pretty much the same gaming experience with 98% of the same game titles, of which you can get 98% of the titles on PC.

the console wars were relevant when it was the likes of the NES vs Master system or SNES vs the Megadrive/Genesis where you had a lot of different titles for each one, it started to go too "samey" after the likes of the PS1 vs XBOX vs Dreamcast.

|

4/27/2017 8:00 PM

I got one, and it is pretty rad. Changed my mind on the PS4/Xbox one because of the portability aspect and the fact that it makes more sense, and will have more titles my son can watch/play.

Zelda is awesome.

I'd do a gaming PC, but the initial cost is way too much for me, and the fact that system requirements are different among a lot of the games I would want, PLUS the space it requires. I also don't play enough. I like being able to play for an hour or two here or there and drop it. I know I could with a computer too, but I just can't justify it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/27/2017 8:19 PM

Hell yeah man. I love being able to lay in bed or on the sofa and play my games and then just pick up the console and play on the train or during down time at work. Its so awesome.

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/27/2017 9:21 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I got one, and it is pretty rad. Changed my mind on the PS4/Xbox one because of the portability aspect and the fact that it makes more sense, and will have more titles my son can watch/play.

Zelda is awesome.

I'd do a gaming PC, but the initial cost is way too much for me, and the fact that system requirements are different among a lot of the games I would want, PLUS the space it requires. I also don't play enough. I like being able to play for an hour or two here or there and drop it. I know I could with a computer too, but I just can't justify it.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/28/2017 6:18 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Cool-now figure out how to add space in my home without spending money.

Also how outdated will most of that tech be in 1-2 years?

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/1/2017 6:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2017 6:18 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Cool-now figure out how to add space in my home without spending money.

Also how outdated will most of that tech be in 1-2 years?

If you spend a little more you can do a Mini ITX build, which means depending on the case you choose its no bigger than a console really, its just the ITX parts are a bit more expensive due to the smaller size, and the thing with PC's is it wont really be outdated as you can just upgrade it, I've built loads of Gaming Pc's for myself and others over the years, if you choose the right parts first time then it wont really be outdated in such a short time as you should be taking into consideration a motherboard that is going to have a decent upgrade path.

I built one at XMAS for one of the women in work for her son, spent just over £500 on it and it will have a good upgrade path for the future as its capable of going from one of the low end I3 dual core CPU's to the highest end I7 6700k CPU which is about £350 itself, it'll take a ram upgrade all the way to 32Gb, it has a single 8Gb stick and 3 slots left for 3 more 8Gb's sticks and a Radeon RX 470 OC graphics card, he probably wont need to consider upgrading it for about 3 years, by that time the prices on all the current "high end" stuff will be about a 3rd of the price what they are currently and he will have a superfast high end PC again, in its current form it walks all over any PS4/XBone console out there in terms of performance without needing an upgrade, you would just really be upgrading for a better, higher res and framerate gaming experience.

Photo

|

5/9/2017 6:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2017 6:21 PM

weegaz22 wrote:

If you spend a little more you can do a Mini ITX build, which means depending on the case you choose its no bigger than a console really, its just the ITX parts are a bit more expensive due to the smaller size, and the thing with PC's is it wont really be outdated as you can just upgrade it, I've built loads of Gaming Pc's for myself and others over the years, if you choose the right parts first time then it wont really be outdated in such a short time as you should be taking into consideration a motherboard that is going to have a decent upgrade path.

I built one at XMAS for one of the women in work for her son, spent just over £500 on it and it will have a good upgrade path for the future as its capable of going from one of the low end I3 dual core CPU's to the highest end I7 6700k CPU which is about £350 itself, it'll take a ram upgrade all the way to 32Gb, it has a single 8Gb stick and 3 slots left for 3 more 8Gb's sticks and a Radeon RX 470 OC graphics card, he probably wont need to consider upgrading it for about 3 years, by that time the prices on all the current "high end" stuff will be about a 3rd of the price what they are currently and he will have a superfast high end PC again, in its current form it walks all over any PS4/XBone console out there in terms of performance without needing an upgrade, you would just really be upgrading for a better, higher res and framerate gaming experience.

Photo

I literally did not understand any of the technical stuff in your statement, but again, I would need a reasonably dedicated space in my home for one. Hard part is that I know I won't play enough. I'm simply not an avid enough gamer to justify it.

Currently I am the sole provider for a family of 3-I have a mortgage, a car loan, my credit card, the wife's credit card, medical bills being that my wife and son have a couple medical conditions, phone, electric/gas, car insurance for 2 cars, internet, food, clothing, entertainment and so on. I do all that on a mediocre salary for my area. It would be a fair amount for a single person, or great with dual income. As is, money is tight, but there is little point in my wife working 40 hours a week to cover daycare for our son and a few extra dollars. She would literally work to put him in daycare when we can live as we are (which is not bad by any means) and she can stay home with him.

No room to spend 500-1000 on a computer I will use MAYBE 1-2 hours a week. No matter how hard you guys advise, it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

And before anyone brings it up (because I know it is coming), I got the Switch with money from selling a fatbike and health insurance incentive for doing preventative care. Also how I got a new frame and front hub.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/10/2017 1:12 AM

I have a gaming PC and now a switch. I play games on my switch. I watch youtube on my PC. Things are always changing and technology will always get better. Before the Switch came out, I swore I would never buy another console and just always upgrade the PC. What makes the Switch so awesome and different is how portable it is. You can have different combinations of controller styles and you can literally play it anywhere. I play it on tv, in the bathroom, in a train or car, hell, I've even brought it to work a few times to play with my coworkers during downtime. Can't do that with a gaming PC. Unless its a laptop, but even then it's a pain in the ass.

|

Smoke Drink Die

5/11/2017 6:05 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

I have a gaming PC and now a switch. I play games on my switch. I watch youtube on my PC. Things are always changing and technology will always get better. Before the Switch came out, I swore I would never buy another console and just always upgrade the PC. What makes the Switch so awesome and different is how portable it is. You can have different combinations of controller styles and you can literally play it anywhere. I play it on tv, in the bathroom, in a train or car, hell, I've even brought it to work a few times to play with my coworkers during downtime. Can't do that with a gaming PC. Unless its a laptop, but even then it's a pain in the ass.

My switch has been at work, at the car dealer, at the repair shop and home. Still have not put it on the TV-but I am working on a killer custom shelf for it before I do.

Zelda is super fun. Just about to take down the 3rd Divine Beast. I have taken down the Elephant one and the Bird. Next up is the Camel.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/12/2017 3:46 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I literally did not understand any of the technical stuff in your statement, but again, I would need a reasonably dedicated space in my home for one. Hard part is that I know I won't play enough. I'm simply not an avid enough gamer to justify it.

Currently I am the sole provider for a family of 3-I have a mortgage, a car loan, my credit card, the wife's credit card, medical bills being that my wife and son have a couple medical conditions, phone, electric/gas, car insurance for 2 cars, internet, food, clothing, entertainment and so on. I do all that on a mediocre salary for my area. It would be a fair amount for a single person, or great with dual income. As is, money is tight, but there is little point in my wife working 40 hours a week to cover daycare for our son and a few extra dollars. She would literally work to put him in daycare when we can live as we are (which is not bad by any means) and she can stay home with him.

No room to spend 500-1000 on a computer I will use MAYBE 1-2 hours a week. No matter how hard you guys advise, it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

And before anyone brings it up (because I know it is coming), I got the Switch with money from selling a fatbike and health insurance incentive for doing preventative care. Also how I got a new frame and front hub.

That's cool Dave, Just wanted to show that they can be built into fairly compact enclosures and run on a TV like any other console hence the Pic, most people think of gaming Pc's as full size towers that take up loads of room.

|