Other Hobies besides BMXing?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2019 9:02 AM

For me, I like to build, collect and buy Guns.
I have a small range out to 100 YArds in my back yard and just over 200 yards to the Woodline.
I target shoot and do several different type of competitions.

I've got several ARs, Semi-auto Pistols, a few Bolt Actions, a few Shot guns, a few SBRs and 5 Suppressors. I try too shoot every two weeks.

I ride ATVs and SxSs too. I have a 2015 Yahaha Grizzly 700, a 2000 Yamaha Warrior 350 and a 2018 Polaris Ranger 1000 SxS... Nothing too crazy, we ride a lot of old back roads and wooded trails in between.

I also Geocache. I use my smart phone and Garmin GPS to find Geocaches all over. I have over 300 finds in like 8 different states.

My latest thing is Smoking meats.
I made my own dry rub and smoked an 8 Pound Pork shoulder (took a little over 14 hours total) then I smoked a few trays of Jalapeno and Poblano Peppers. I filled them with Creme Cheese, a little smokie and wrapped them in bacon. Smoked them for 2.5 hours... I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but everyone devoured them and wanted more.

|

10/25/2019 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2019 10:57 PM

I'm a bbq connoisseur. Nothing touches propane on my patio.

|

10/25/2019 8:08 PM

I hate the firearms law over here. My dad used to shoot and was damn good at it. I got into replica air guns a little while ago. But the ones I like are bb shooters so not very accurate. They’re fun for a bit of plinking but hopefully I’ll get a decent pellet shooter soon. I kind of collect knives too. Most of what I have was handed down when my dad passed away.

I injured my foot a few months ago and it’s still not right so I haven’t been riding. I took up running to stop myself getting too out of shape. It made me realise that bmx really isn’t that good for exercise! I can only run 2 miles before I can’t breathe properly. So I usually combine it with hiking. A bit like trail or mountain running but not long distance. I need to quit smoking.

I’m also a bit of a gamer but currently only have a laptop. It’s an acer nitro 5, and it does it’s job, but I usually only have 1 or 2 games installed at any time to keep it running fast enough. I’m currently playing cs:go quite a bit.

That’s it. Early starts at work, a wife, son and dog don’t allow for much me time.

Hopefully more riding soon. And hopefully the running will help with that.

|

10/28/2019 9:02 AM

I get it, Gun laws suck... They only restrict rights of law abiding citizens.

Thieves, murderers, gangsters and terrorists don't follow laws.. No theif is going to go, awe man, I was going to rob that place, but it says no guns... Now what am I going to use...

So after you injured your foot, you can't ride, but you can run?

I myself have a hard time running. I have bad knees. Also I'm a bit of a Porker. I'm 6'4" and I was 298 LBS, but I've been exercising more and eating better and I've dropped to between 245-260... I think mostly from cutting out the Pepsi..

|

10/28/2019 1:01 PM

Currently BMX, Cars, Firearms, Video games and creating content for Youtube.

|

10/29/2019 10:19 PM

smullen wrote:

I get it, Gun laws suck... They only restrict rights of law abiding citizens.

Thieves, murderers, gangsters and terrorists don't follow laws.. No theif is going to go, awe man, I was going to rob that place, but it says no guns... Now what am I going to use...

So after you injured your foot, you can't ride, but you can run?

I myself have a hard time running. I have bad knees. Also I'm a bit of a Porker. I'm 6'4" and I was 298 LBS, but I've been exercising more and eating better and I've dropped to between 245-260... I think mostly from cutting out the Pepsi..

Yeah, I’m not sure exactly what’s up with it because my gp is useless. I assume it’s the tendons. Just wearing my riding trainers, or standing on my pedals hurts. But a jog with running shoes is fine. I can feel it but not enough to say it’s painful. I managed a little ride the other day, but even hopping stuff hurts.
Also I run on grass and dirt so it’s lower impact than running on tarmac, which helps with the foot and my dodgy knees.

It’s still legal to own firearms here as long as you have a license, but getting one isn’t easy, and the restrictions put me off. You can own a pistol in any calibre, but it has to have an attached stock and 18” barrel?!?! You can also own any rifle as long as it’s bolt action. It doesn’t make sense to me.

|

10/30/2019 9:18 AM

guns, Destiny 2, and being a lazy piece of shit

|

fack off

10/30/2019 6:57 PM

Guns. Flight Sims. Motorcycles.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/30/2019 7:34 PM

Firearms and bmx seem to go hand in hand...cool!

|

10/31/2019 7:38 AM

My interests beyond BMX fluctuate between streetbike stuntriding, snowboarding (and other boardsports), going to the gym, music (creating and listening), and some video games (PS4). Also I have a pet bird but other than these hobbies (and my 26" Dirt Jumper) I try to live a somewhat minimalist influenced lifestyle.

|

Streetbikes and Bicycles

10/31/2019 10:06 AM

.pegless. wrote:

I hate the firearms law over here. My dad used to shoot and was damn good at it. I got into replica air guns a little while ago. But the ones I like are bb shooters so not very accurate. They’re fun for a bit of plinking but hopefully I’ll get a decent pellet shooter soon. I kind of collect knives too. Most of what I have was handed down when my dad passed away.

I injured my foot a few months ago and it’s still not right so I haven’t been riding. I took up running to stop myself getting too out of shape. It made me realise that bmx really isn’t that good for exercise! I can only run 2 miles before I can’t breathe properly. So I usually combine it with hiking. A bit like trail or mountain running but not long distance. I need to quit smoking.

I’m also a bit of a gamer but currently only have a laptop. It’s an acer nitro 5, and it does it’s job, but I usually only have 1 or 2 games installed at any time to keep it running fast enough. I’m currently playing cs:go quite a bit.

That’s it. Early starts at work, a wife, son and dog don’t allow for much me time.

whats your steam name? would love to play some comp or wingman

|

10/31/2019 12:50 PM

.pegless. wrote:

DutchridesBmx wrote:

RanibowSprimkle

I need to play comp more but I can’t find the time to get into it. I play wingman a bit though.

|

10/31/2019 1:02 PM

ESKEW77 on origin. I'm a fiend for BFV

|

10/31/2019 9:33 PM

I like exploring abandoned places or urbex as it’s called

I only dabble in the photography aspect of it though. I have a DSLR with a wide angle lens I use for most of the shots I take but I’m by no means a photographer or claim to be one, I just like basking in the atmosphere, taking photos and then editing them haha. If you’re into that sort of thing I have an Instagram for my photos @boyle_urbex

|

11/10/2019 9:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2019 9:42 AM

Scootering, Minecraft architecture/design, digital art, YouTube.

Currently in school for welding in hopes to use it in the work field and as a skill to use at home.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/11/2019 10:21 AM

.pegless. wrote:

DutchridesBmx wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

RanibowSprimkle

I need to play comp more but I can’t find the time to get into it. I play wingman a bit though.

hey man, friend code plz? Username not found. Btw im not great at rifling but awping is my shiitt

|

11/14/2019 5:37 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I like exploring abandoned places or urbex as it’s called

I only dabble in the photography aspect of it though. I have a DSLR with a wide angle lens I use for most of the shots I take but I’m by no means a photographer or claim to be one, I just like basking in the atmosphere, taking photos and then editing them haha. If you’re into that sort of thing I have an Instagram for my photos @boyle_urbex

interesting pictures mate.

|

[i]it's not what you ride, it's how you ride![i]

11/14/2019 3:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2019 3:29 PM

I'm a musician, personally I like playing math rock and electronic-wise I like to do IDM/jungle. I have a seven string guitar and I've been playing lead guitar in my band for a few months, along handling our production, recording, mastering and all that process. Sometimes I make covers on YouTube and make some of my own music but rarely upload it anywhere since I always find something to make better about it, so I never 'finish' anything lol! I also play six-string bass, keyboards, and been getting into drums and DJing lately. Other then that, I play videogames, I go to college, and I make stuff overall in general, I always like having a productive project, I really enjoy a game called ArmA 3, and I've been making a map for it for over 2 years now, of on and off work, but it's really tough work scripting, modelling, and dealing with everything working properly too.

Anyways, here's a recent cover I've made!

Here's an alt rock song I made when I was around 16 (19 rn), so I've gotten a lot better (I play -everything- here):

I'd upload something original of mine... but I still haven't officially really put it out anywhere. I like mostly experimenting or finding new sounds nowadays, and my tastes have changed a lot since then. So for now, it's my cover of one of my most beloved songs.
|

Everyone has to start somewhere!

11/14/2019 8:01 PM

^^^Love me some Old Skool Jungle and Intelligent DnB... Also, nice playing my dude!

For me it's my vehicles ('15 WRX STI, '89 240sx and '78 F150 4x4), firearms and gaming.

|

11/18/2019 1:01 PM

Snowboarding in the winter, gaming, i have an rc car but don't use it too much, dirtbikes (tracks and trails), and eating lots of food.

|

Barends are for weenies

11/21/2019 10:25 AM

d-Herz wrote:

My interests beyond BMX fluctuate between streetbike stuntriding, snowboarding (and other boardsports), going to the gym, music (creating and listening), and some video games (PS4). Also I have a pet bird but other than these hobbies (and my 26" Dirt Jumper) I try to live a somewhat minimalist influenced lifestyle.

your video you made in like 2009 on your 636 and zx10 made me get into stunt riding. its still one of my favorites to this day

|

11/21/2019 3:16 PM

PC building and gaming. Here's my newest build.

|

11/21/2019 4:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2019 4:52 PM

Besides bmx, I do jogging/walking, weightlifting, pc games, some times building things like, chairs, boxes, tables out of timber. I like to try new modifications on my bmx so it's related but I do consider it a little offshoot hobby from bmx, Some times fishing. I'm interested in guns, like OP, it would love it to be a hobby of mine, but Aus laws are fucked, so that's a no go, If you own a firearm in Aus legally your treated like a criminal so it's not worth it. I like to do lots of things. Helps stay fresh.

|

11/22/2019 8:53 AM

I stopped riding and now all I do is lift lol. I just got tired of being the scrawny kid, I never thought I'd be into lifting but here I am happier than I've ever been. I've also been really into Dirt Rally 2, where I'm actually quite competitive. I held a few WRs for awhile but I think most of them have been overtaken by a couple seconds.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/22/2019 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2019 12:07 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I stopped riding and now all I do is lift lol. I just got tired of being the scrawny kid, I never thought I'd be into lifting but here I am happier than I've ever been. I've also been really into Dirt Rally 2, where I'm actually quite competitive. I held a few WRs for awhile but I think most of them have been overtaken by a couple seconds.

I really need to start focusing more on fitness... lol

I use to play a lot of Forza Motorsports (2, 3 and 4) and Gran Turismo online, but stopped when they weren't adding Touge/ winding road courses anymore...

|

11/22/2019 5:50 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

I really need to start focusing more on fitness... lol

I use to play a lot of Forza Motorsports (2, 3 and 4) and Gran Turismo online, but stopped when they weren't adding Touge/ winding road courses anymore...

It's frustrating at first when your form for everything fucking sucks and you feel like the weakest person in the gym, but that feeling of getting stronger is addictive. If you ever want to get started I can link you to some good resources.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/23/2019 8:14 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It's frustrating at first when your form for everything fucking sucks and you feel like the weakest person in the gym, but that feeling of getting stronger is addictive. If you ever want to get started I can link you to some good resources.

Ya, I completely regret gaining all of my old weight back these last couple years... Went from 260lbs to 192lbs by just eating less, only drinking water and walking 30mins everyday. Being 6'3" it was the first time I had a "normal" BMI since I was in 3rd grade. lol

Now I'm back up to 260 and I'm just trying to get back down to 200-ish the way I did, before.

|

11/26/2019 2:19 PM

I enjoy walking/hiking, reading, airguns, backyard astronomy, bird watching, ham radio, various electronic/computery things, houseplants, backgammon, baduk and whatever else I'm missing.

Interesting to see all the overlap between bmx and firearms. Never would've considered the two as related hobbies.

|