Painting Parts

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2016 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2016 8:55 PM

so started off with an 02 ZX7-R (Ninja 750) it was spray painted drips all over it had duct tape and stickers that had been clear coated over and pin stripping.

Photo

i decided to finally start stripping my bike and painting it getting it looking all nice .

Photo

[b] i decided just to do it by spray can because im good enough to get away with it so this is literally what i am using.

Photo

so started off with some aircraft stripper, brushed it on let it peel

Photo

then i hosed off the majority of crap that came off and sanded the metal down smooth using 120 grit, once done with the sanding i wiped off the dust and then used rags soaked in denatured alcohol (ethanol) to get off any residue and left over dust.

Photo

ethanol dries quickly so chilled out for couple of mins and then sprayed the primer, 4 coats in.
Photo

then i sanded the primer any high spots or containments / dirt using 400 grit.

Photo

after sanding wiped it down with more ethanol and then the basecoat, started off light and even

Photo
Photo

after 4 coats of base i let it all dry overnight and then proceed to the clear coat
Photo

and once that was done here it they are with clear coats on, but they need to be wet sanded and even'd out a little more had couple of runs in the clear so ill take em down and make it shine like issac hayes.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

will be posting more after i wet sand and get it all polished and ready cant do it till its fully cured, painting aint rocket science just take your time have a smoke or whatever and kick back just work clean

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

5/1/2016 7:08 PM

Nice bike man. Paint looks good.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/1/2016 9:27 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Nice bike man. Paint looks good.

thanks it was this or having a laird frame built and custom bars.

i have a lot to do on this figured id do some painting while my broken arm heals.

this bike will express its japanese heritage, hence the white lol

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

5/3/2016 10:39 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

thanks it was this or having a laird frame built and custom bars.

i have a lot to do on this figured id do some painting ...more

Rising sun or gtfo haha

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/4/2016 12:12 PM

im actually getting decals and stuff from japan.

Photo

for the tank protector that goes on it to protect the tank on the crotch region

Photo

|