Phones/Camera Quality

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2017 10:05 AM

I can't be bothered to go buy a camera for filming, so I just use my phone for that. I have an iPhone 7 plus. It can record in 4K at 30 fps, but I opt for the 1080p at 60 fps.

Does anyone else only use their phones for recording?

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

4/1/2017 11:28 AM

I own a cheap but fairly well specced action camera that does most of what i ask it to do quite well, and having just got a new phone cos my old one died last week i cant really say what like the quality on my new one is like but i don't think the lens angle would be wide enough for "action sports" stuff and i don't think it does 1080p60 where as my action cam does, and i can choose up to 170 degree field of vision

thats not really a problem with you having the new Iphone 7, it has a wide angle lens on it doesn't it? I'd be wary of having my phone on me while riding as i could see me breaking it.

|

4/1/2017 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2017 11:55 AM

I kind of want to get a go pro or a Sony action camera one of these days , some pov riding shots could be cool

|

4/7/2017 7:30 PM

I use my 6Plus for any filming I do, all my clips are self filmed, and I recently got a super cheap tripod off Amazon for better angles etc.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/9/2017 5:28 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I use my 6Plus for any filming I do, all my clips are self filmed, and I recently got a super cheap tripod off Amazon for ...more

What kind of tripod did you get ?ive been using a water bottle and a dethlens , I need to get some new stuff though I'm thinking got a chip on my dethlens, My 6s is getting slowly beat up thinking of getting a new phone sometime this summer not sure if I want another iPhone or try an android , anyone got advice on the best phone cameras from experience ?

|

4/12/2017 8:14 AM

I've been using my phone, which looks fine when viewed on a phone, but when you see it on a bigger screen it looks terrible. So I just got a gopro hero5 session and the quality is leaps and bounds better.

I'll be giving it a proper test on Friday filming my buddy ride trails and hopefully the battery will last long enough to get enough footage for a short edit

|

4/12/2017 6:13 PM

eskimojay wrote:

What kind of tripod did you get ?ive been using a water bottle and a dethlens , I need to get some new stuff though I'm ...more

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N51OC4B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this one, holds my 6Plus with a thin case VERY well and still has space for a bigger case, it is stable, and when wrapped around my stem/bars it held on while doing barspins, some flatland spinning on the back wheel, and hopping a little. I'm a fan, it is now in my tools and pads bag for riding.

It also handles Gopros.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/13/2017 12:16 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I use my 6Plus for any filming I do, all my clips are self filmed, and I recently got a super cheap tripod off Amazon for ...more

eskimojay wrote:

What kind of tripod did you get ?ive been using a water bottle and a dethlens , I need to get some new stuff though I'm ...more

I just ordered something similar to that from ebay for £2.50

|

9/8/2017 8:36 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I can't be bothered to go buy a camera for filming, so I just use my phone for that. I have an iPhone 7 plus. It can record in ...more

Yep! I love not needing a camera anymore!

|

9/9/2017 10:47 AM

Actually, I just got a new phone after destroying my old one. And I've had time to play with the gopro.... I'm going to order a tripod and fisheye for my phone soon and sell the gopro......

|

9/16/2017 4:35 PM

Hilarious how terribly bad the Iphone X is shaping up to be , Worse camera specs and lower video ratings than the two year old Samsung galaxy 6.... what a joke.

|

9/17/2017 7:59 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Hilarious how terribly bad the Iphone X is shaping up to be , Worse camera specs and lower video ratings than the two year old ...more

Yea, and what's up with the wireless everything? I'm not the bigger fan of Bluetooth headphones

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

9/18/2017 2:20 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Hilarious how terribly bad the Iphone X is shaping up to be , Worse camera specs and lower video ratings than the two year old ...more

I rarely log in here anymore, but I logged in just to tell you that this post is very inaccurate.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/18/2017 2:38 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I rarely log in here anymore, but I logged in just to tell you that this post is very inaccurate.

Its completely accurate. Its a 7 milapixel.

???

|

9/18/2017 5:27 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Its completely accurate. Its a 7 milapixel.

???

Both rear cameras on the X are 12 mp, just like on the S6, S7, and S8. That said, megapixel count is literally the least important camera specification. All it tells is resolution. Not clarity. Not sharpness. Resolution. Specs on paper rarely accurately show real world performance.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/19/2017 12:12 AM

Eh, I still have a headphone jack. smile

As long as it can decently document footage, I'm happy.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/25/2017 2:07 PM

Apple are well known for having good lenses. As are Sony. My phone has better picture and video quality than my gopro, that thing was a waste of money.
But for anyone looking to get a new phone and they want to film on it, look at the Sony's

|