Protein Supplements?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/12/2012 1:36 PM

optimum and now sports . particularly the whey isolate. both are decent price and high amount of protein per serving. i'm not sure about the optimum but i know the now sports has like 8 grams of BCAA's per serving which is damn good. both are low in carbs. i get the 10 pound bags of vanilla whey isolate.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

3/12/2012 1:36 PM

also, both brands are reputable as fuck

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

3/13/2012 1:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2012 1:38 AM

Whey protein is generally whey protein. Get the 100%. Look at the ingredients. There are a lot of mixes out there, with creatines and BCAA's and other stuff added in it already, which is okay too, just stay hydrated because of the creatine. But a lot of protein supplements are weight gainers as they are directed at bodybuilding and load it with a bunch of crap like dextrose and maltrodextrin to increase calories per serving, not the healthiest kind.

A reputable brand is universal nutrition.
http://www.universalnutrition.com/
Their real gains and ultra whey pro formulas are suppose to be decent and affordable and not taste too bad.

|

3/13/2012 9:39 AM

if your trying to build up muscle i would suggest muscletech, i use it before i work out, and it gives me alot of gram of protein. its really good if your trying to be a hardgainer like me

|

check profile for refs

email: r-alejandro-b@hotmail.com

3/13/2012 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2012 2:18 PM

Like I said... Protein is protein. But If you want the healthiest way to get your protein, you're better off making your own protein shakes in a blender with whole milk, oats, peanut butter, a bananna, olive oil..etc that way there isn't any additives.... That's all you need to get strong, a long with a good multivitamin, diet, sleep, and a barbell set and rippetoe's starting strength program and a bench and power rack (not mandatory but strongly suggested).
Size will come a long with strength inevitably.

Edit: But really if you arn't interested in getting bigger, just eat a lot better and do bodyweight dips, push ups, pull ups, inverted rows..etc. and maybe some lunges or something and avoid the junk shit. That's all you need to stay fit.

|

3/13/2012 6:38 PM

Look up some recipes for some foods you like. Like if you're sick of plain chicken breasts, try a cream of chicken breasts, sooo good. I'm usually too lazy to cook a home meal but when I do I have fun, fun to mix stuff up, add different types of spices, veggies, mushrooms, onions, oils or whatever to see what it comes out like.

But some stuff I usually keep around because it's easy to make and cheap is frozen chicken breasts I'll usually just add some montreal seasoning and brown it with some olive oil(pure healthy calories) a little hot sauce is good on it too. Baked potatoes (cake some shredded/cottage cheese on top pretty high protein), tuna, beans, pollak fish(a little omega-3s), bananas, peanut butter(low sodium kind), oats are high protein, cerial I just get whatevers on sale usually not real sugary crap, I eat a lotttt of lean grown beef on the stove I just get the kind in a tube, nuts..etc.

and yeah I find it hard to get enough veggies, I'll buy that frozen stir fry with the soy sauce which is really delicious though, or a BLT or something, or I'll chug some V8, I don't like regular V8 as much because of the strong tomato taste but I tried the spicey hot low sodium kind and that stuff is the BOMBBBBB! That V8 fusion stuff isn't bad either.

Lots of waters.. Lots of Milk. Milk is packed with a good macro of nutrients and protein and fresh from mother nature, I can drink a gallon in a day. Check this link.
http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/

I love food.

|

3/13/2012 7:23 PM

cliff bars!

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs