Religion

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2013 1:44 PM

Let the hate comments flow, but I personally think rligion is bullshit. I'm obviously atheist, and i hate when my family tries to force their opinions down my throat. SO let's hear your opinions, reasons, quotes, etc
Slayer-Darkness of Christ
the strength of religion is the repression of
knowledge
Tyler the Creator & Hodgy Beats- Sandwitches
Uh, fuck church, they singing and the shit ain't even worth it
In the choir, whores and liars, scumbags and the dirt, bitch
You told me God was the answer
When I ask him for shit, I get no answer, so God is the cancer

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/6/2013 8:40 PM

You used shitty examples lol Slayer is a band of Christians and one Atheist and Tyler the Creator is just a fag. But whatever, I tend not to really think about it honestly.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/11/2013 10:10 AM

yeah, you make no sense. maybe you reevaluates your life.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

2/11/2013 1:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2013 1:21 PM

Food for thought...

"A belief in one's self to think and do good is what will eventually bring salvation from 'hell', which is a metaphore for the eternal cycle of life and death we are all in, in which the degree of 'suffering' along your incarnations will be caused only by our own previous actions.
A God who only grants every soul one lifetime to get it right or suffer for eternity, is no true God, rather then a devil in disguise that knows no mercy.

Fear only brings forth fear.
It is YOU and only you who can save yourself. God(first source, the all, the infinite call it what you will) gave you that responsibility, and it is your responsibility alone to eventually get it right through a system of self punishment, mercy and reward throughout your journey by imposing free will and consequences of your actions, and that is a journey of many many lifetimes for every single soul.

If we only had one lifetime, then Hell would be packed with billions of souls already, and Heaven would have been an "elite" place of only a handful of souls "worthy" enough to have made it there, and Gods kingdom would have been a lost cause a long time ago. And the notion of someone who could sin all of his life, and then before he dies by accepting Christ all of his sins could get wiped clean and he'd get into Heaven without having learned the lesson to be learned, sounds simply preposterous to say the least.
If God is truly Good and knows mercy, then He would grant us the opportunity and even the responsibility to mature our soul over a course of several lifetimes, giving us all the opportunity to right our wrongs, and having learned from the consequences of our actions by simply 'retaking' the test until we pass. As long as you don't pas, you retake the test and live another life. Why do you think God created eternity ? For everyone to burn as he watches in vain ? Yeah right. Eternity has a purpose, and God has a purpose. He gave us a purpose throughout this eternity. We don't need a stinkin bible to understand that.
Never limit yourself to but one view, because there are many."

"When we open our minds to the suppressed knowledge, we understand that
the world we think we live in is only one frequency range of existence. Creation consists of infinite dimensions of life vibrating at different speeds. Think of the frequencies of the countless radio and television
stations broadcasting to your area now. They are all sharing the same space that
your body is occupying. You can't see them and they can't see each other because
they are vibrating to a different frequency. When you move the dial from one radio
station to another, the first station does not suddenly stop broadcasting because
you are no longer listening. It goes on broadcasting - existing - just as before. The
only difference is that you are no longer tuned to its frequency. All the infinite
frequencies of life and existence in all Creation are sharing the same space. Most
people call these different frequency ranges "dimensions"

When we "die" we leave this frequency range and our physical body and we
continue our eternal journey elsewhere on another density or dimension. Our
consciousness, the thinking, feeling us, is eternal. In the end all frequencies and
all expressions of life are the same energy. We are each other. This is the Law of
One that the Illuminati Temple of the Sun has sought for thousands of years to
suppress."

...Thought is food for the soul. The soul helps the spirit grow inwardly. Enlighten yourself so that you may rise.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/11/2013 4:08 PM

Why not? if you die an athiest, you will not gt a second life. if you die a christian, there is a 50 50 shot on eternal life

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

2/11/2013 8:52 PM

Leveyan Satanism for life. "I am my own God." real shit.
fuck christianity. buddhism and confuscianism is good too, cuz its not loaded bullshit.

|

2/11/2013 11:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2013 11:40 PM

I'd say fuck all -ism's. People just like to pick and choose what suits their ego best. Its one of humanity's greatest obstacles, overcoming his own ego.

Personally I try to look for scientific explanations that go beyond the regular understanding of things. But knowledge is limited so its very hard to say whats the absolute truth. And so we stick with our ego's, letting us pick and choose freely, sometimes regardless of logic. Its all bullshit. What is, is whats real. Whatever 'it' is that we don't know about, thats the real truth. Well no shit right? But many tend to get sucked into some else's explanation of what all this is about. I say to find real answers you must search inward. Think. Knowledge is the real power.

Stay positive, spend your life well, don't be a dick and prepare for the next ride.

BMXISM is our realigion muthafuckas

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/12/2013 2:50 PM

SickDude wrote:

Why not? if you die an athiest, you will not gt a second life. if you die a christian, there is a 50 50 shot on eternal life

I guess I could consider myself an Athiest. I deny the fact that an entity created everything on the planet that we live. I am currently studying Biology and obviously my views on creationism are tainted due to my science background. But what you said opened my eyes a little bit. I never thought that when I die, I know I will not get a second chance and when I pass that life will go on. But to Christains, or any religious person that is, the only hope while taking their last breaths is that there is a heaven. I never thought about the 50/50 chance thing until you said that. It really isn't a heaven and hell debate, but the chance of a second life (Heaven) vs not having a second life (Hell) in the eyes of a religious person.



+10 Cool Points don't spend them all in one place.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

2/12/2013 7:21 PM

Ill admit, I wasn't thinking too clearly when I started this thread. Basically, my main problems with organized religion (mostly Christianity because they're the worst offenders) are contradictions. They contradict themselves way too much. Also, religion was created to explain things people couldn't understand. Now science can do that, and yes it can be confusing sometimes, but at least science uses proof instead if "faith" to back itself up.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/12/2013 8:01 PM

Your dumb, science strengthened my belief in God. I took chemistry for my associates degree and after those classes along with biology classes as well it made me realize that at the atomic level, there's no way protons, electrons, and neutrons can work together the way they do without some sort of higher power(God).
You can prove me wrong if you wana try, but do the research. There's nothing "factual" what so ever to prove how things work at the atomic level and the deeper you go into it, you will see what I mean. Or you won't, but think of it this way. Okay, you are right God doesn't exist, and we all just die and rot in the ground and what I believe never mattered. But if he does exist? Well... Then there's a lot of people in eternal damnation, and I'll be in Heaven saying I told ya so. But I guess we won't find out until we're dead and it's too late

|

Turndowns&Tailwhips

2/12/2013 8:41 PM

You mean "you're* dumb"

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/13/2013 6:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2013 6:43 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

You mean "you're* dumb"

This. Also, I think it's stupid to simply say the things we don't understand are the works of a "higher power."

Also, I'd rather take my chances and not waste my one life preparing (I guess you could say) for an afterlife that might not even exist, and not force myself to believe in something I just can't believe in.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/13/2013 7:50 AM

RIDE-FIT wrote:

Your dumb, science strengthened my belief in God. I took chemistry for my associates degree and after those classes along with biology classes as well it made me realize that at the atomic level, there's no way protons, electrons, and neutrons can work together the way they do without some sort of higher power(God).
You can prove me wrong if you wana try, but do the research. There's nothing "factual" what so ever to prove how things work at the atomic level and the deeper you go into it, you will see what I mean. Or you won't, but think of it this way. Okay, you are right God doesn't exist, and we all just die and rot in the ground and what I believe never mattered. But if he does exist? Well... Then there's a lot of people in eternal damnation, and I'll be in Heaven saying I told ya so. But I guess we won't find out until we're dead and it's too late

Oh okay, so protons, electrons and neutrons all work the way they do because of God? The fact that you are basically saying that science polished your belief of God blows my mind. Evidently the entry level chemistry class you took in community college was eye opening enough for you to think that electrons orbiting an atom is because of God. You're a dumb ass, and have fun with your associates degree, it will come in handy when you apply for a job! SIKE!

Believe whatever you want, but how dare you say that Science can not prove our existence, when it has over and over again where as God can't be proven, won't be proven and will never be proven.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

2/13/2013 9:08 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Oh okay, so protons, electrons and neutrons all work the way they do because of God? The fact that you are basically saying that science polished your belief of God blows my mind. Evidently the entry level chemistry class you took in community college was eye opening enough for you to think that electrons orbiting an atom is because of God. You're a dumb ass, and have fun with your associates degree, it will come in handy when you apply for a job! SIKE!

Believe whatever you want, but how dare you say that Science can not prove our existence, when it has over and over again where as God can't be proven, won't be proven and will never be proven.

ah, but as the spectrum of scientific thought is expanded... theoretical science reads more like the crazy verbiage ya see in some old religious books [read: string theory, planck scale matter]

given how much is still theory... oops

|

United0Cult0

2/13/2013 7:50 PM

"our life here on this planet is very small in the economy of our existence....
the tests are big because the reward is bigger....
yes there is suffering....
but it gives us impetus to act with prudence and not have to come back to this world....
any world with humans on it can be considered a certain type of hell.....
and we also have to look at the age we are in....
in hinduism it is the age of destruction....
do not trust man.....
mankind by nature is ruled by animal instinct.....
we live in a world governed by animals"

onsumshit

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/13/2013 9:58 PM

BMXism wrote:

"our life here on this planet is very small in the economy of our existence....
the tests are big because the reward is bigger....
yes there is suffering....
but it gives us impetus to act with prudence and not have to come back to this world....
any world with humans on it can be considered a certain type of hell.....
and we also have to look at the age we are in....
in hinduism it is the age of destruction....
do not trust man.....
mankind by nature is ruled by animal instinct.....
we live in a world governed by animals"

onsumshit

whoever wrote this needs to become a philosopher

|

2/14/2013 9:37 AM

lol i think futurama had a good theory on it with the whole set in motion thing

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/14/2013 12:03 PM

tremelo wrote:

ah, but as the spectrum of scientific thought is expanded... theoretical science reads more like the crazy verbiage ya see in some old religious books [read: string theory, planck scale matter]

given how much is still theory... oops

That's in the eyes of the beholder. Just because you can't comprehend new scientific theories does not mean they are not credible and valid. There are all sorts of theories, like Gravity for example, but I guarantee if you drop a pencil from your hand it will hit the ground shortly after.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

2/14/2013 12:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2013 1:05 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

That's in the eyes of the beholder. Just because you can't comprehend new scientific theories does not mean they are not credible and valid. There are all sorts of theories, like Gravity for example, but I guarantee if you drop a pencil from your hand it will hit the ground shortly after.

to equate "comprehension" as the only means of expressing complexity is single dimensional. It might be subjective how I view it, but comparing it to god-like attributes can mean beauty as well. AKA - it's not for lack of comprehension that I make the connection, it's because even theoretical science can be beautiful like a higher power is described to be...

the jewish manage to incorporate math into their texts in a manner that I am getting at.

----

for one that offers such grandiose distinctions of sciences/equatable intelligence to others, giving me applied science in context to theoretical is somewhat fucktarded.

|

United0Cult0

2/14/2013 1:35 PM

RIDE-FIT wrote:

Your dumb, science strengthened my belief in God. I took chemistry for my associates degree and after those classes along with biology classes as well it made me realize that at the atomic level, there's no way protons, electrons, and neutrons can work together the way they do without some sort of higher power(God).
You can prove me wrong if you wana try, but do the research. There's nothing "factual" what so ever to prove how things work at the atomic level and the deeper you go into it, you will see what I mean. Or you won't, but think of it this way. Okay, you are right God doesn't exist, and we all just die and rot in the ground and what I believe never mattered. But if he does exist? Well... Then there's a lot of people in eternal damnation, and I'll be in Heaven saying I told ya so. But I guess we won't find out until we're dead and it's too late

You're*

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/14/2013 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2013 1:42 PM

I don't really care aout religion, I respect others beliefs but don't believe in anything specific.
Technically I'm a Catholic Christian cause I was baptized when I was born, I never went to church though, only a few times as a kid.
My family is to be considered very religious, maybe because I'm from the South a part of my father he pretty much is atheist, as an engineer he believes in what can be scientifically proven.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/14/2013 2:20 PM

tremelo wrote:

to equate "comprehension" as the only means of expressing complexity is single dimensional. It might be subjective how I view it, but comparing it to god-like attributes can mean beauty as well. AKA - it's not for lack of comprehension that I make the connection, it's because even theoretical science can be beautiful like a higher power is described to be...

the jewish manage to incorporate math into their texts in a manner that I am getting at.

----

for one that offers such grandiose distinctions of sciences/equatable intelligence to others, giving me applied science in context to theoretical is somewhat fucktarded.

But there are millions upon millions of things that only science can explain.

How do you explain race, if we all came from Adam and Eve?
How do you explain paintings depicting Adam and Eve having belly buttons?
How do you explain a whale having vestigial organs such as a pelvis?
How do you explain variation of species?

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

2/14/2013 2:51 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

But there are millions upon millions of things that only science can explain.

How do you explain race, if we all came from Adam and Eve?
How do you explain paintings depicting Adam and Eve having belly buttons?
How do you explain a whale having vestigial organs such as a pelvis?
How do you explain variation of species?

I wouldn't use Western interpretations of faith, nor any one institution that would be confined to "Adam & Eve" types of critical thinking.

Even the Age of Reason's most famous promoter, Thomas Jefferson, found awe in what "god" must actually be... Jefferson was simultaneously one of organized Christianity's loudest critics... doesn't mean he didn't have faith in a higher power.

Think of how many of humanity's most celebrated critical thinker's had some dose of curiosity-inspiring faith. They used faith to explore answers, not to solely use faith for answers. They even (gasp) used funding from The Church to help give us understandings of basic science.

I find theoretical science awe inspiring, some limit awe to dealings of religion. I find it appropriate, especially with full comprehension, that awe can can be equatable to science & the possibility of higher powers alike.

|

United0Cult0

2/14/2013 8:18 PM

sludgebmx wrote:

Leveyan Satanism for life. "I am my own God." real shit.
fuck christianity. buddhism and confuscianism is good too, cuz its not loaded bullshit.

I am kinda Buddhist cause of my parents' influence and whatnot. I'm basically atheist cause in Buddhism, there is no god, only ascended humans. It is better to die believing and finding out that there is no god, than to die not believing and finding out that there is a god. Since I'm atheist, I have no idea how that would apply to me, but yeah, point taken.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/15/2013 8:55 AM

Religion is fake, god is fake all of your beliefs are fake. There are documentaries after documentaries explaining everything with hard evidence. Ive seen em all and did a lot of research for my own self being. i was born and raised a christian. my moms still a heavy believer but when you see the facts right in front of you and its so easy to explain i don't know how you can defend it.

The bible copied another religious book that copied another that copied another dating back to Egyptian hieroglyphics. Say what you want but it doesnt change facts. I wont sit there and make fun of you for believing but i know the truth and if someone wants to say anything because i guess im technically "atheist" then ill blast em right back in their faces.

|

2/15/2013 11:24 AM

^ technically, the Hindus predate the Egyptians (for established belief systems) by a couple thousand years. js

|

United0Cult0

2/16/2013 4:58 PM

religion is retarded......watch some george carlin......he was the closest thing to god

|

2/16/2013 5:21 PM

I don't think you need it. It's just a personal way to feel better by repressing your life. I mean I'm part christian but I don't attend church regulary, I pray when I need to, but other than that you should live your own way.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/17/2013 7:13 PM

I just run into these sweet little excerpts.

"Look at the universe it its immensity --or perceived immensity-- and say this couldn't have come from nothing originally. What's ironic about that is it is arising from nothing at this very moment. Bore down in the atomic structure and everything vanishes --or appears-- from no thing.

And maybe the problem is the word "nothing" itself. Substitute "no thing" and the picture is a little clearer. What exists prior to a world of things? The potential for things which is in of itself no thing. The implicate order."

Be_lieve nothing, just 'be'. What is, is.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/23/2013 10:51 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

But there are millions upon millions of things that only science can explain.

How do you explain race, if we all came from Adam and Eve?
How do you explain paintings depicting Adam and Eve having belly buttons?
How do you explain a whale having vestigial organs such as a pelvis?
How do you explain variation of species?

How do you explain that you're a fucking mod!?

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.