Roof rack?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2013 10:35 PM

Is it worth it? or would a regular trunk rack be better? I'm looking around for roof racks but they're all in the mid $400 area when it's all said & done with 2 bike mounts.

So, my question is, would it be best to just go with a trunk rack? Or could you guys link me to something cheaper, foot pack/fit kit/bars/bike mounts in all? The bike mounts & foot pack things are the most expensive parts. Looked around on google & found quite a few links to cheaper things like this for the bars/packs/kit, and this for bike mounts, which are much cheaper but I have 0 clue if they'd work together.

|

12/27/2013 12:03 AM

Hat car do you have?

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/27/2013 12:08 AM

trunk racks seem safer but your call. roof racks just show off your bike more

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/27/2013 12:37 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

trunk racks seem safer but your call. roof racks just show off your bike more

True, and they can hold more than 2 bikes, and keep things neat. A few months ago my 2 friends & I went to a skate park & they both had 4 pegs, I have 3, and the pegs were just a pain in the ass to get everything to fit together, and also not have them bouncing around smacking the trunk. My friend put a rag around his peg though so it wouldn't damage his car too much, but still

I'm gonna shop around & see if I can find any cheaper ones that aren't junk, or see if anyone will chime in here with something.

|